Welcome to Gaia! ::

I never got into the comics but I grew up watching the old show and still find myself playing the old TMNT Nintendo side-scrollers sometimes. They totally kicked the Power Rangers asses. xd
On a similar vein . . . does anyone read Usagi Yojimbo, and if so, is it any good?
The cartoon and Archie TMNT is the version that 95% or more of us love and recognize as classic. I don't understand this obsession to return the turtles to their roots. I've read the old comics and they just are plain not as enjoyable as the pizza loving cool guys we grew up with. Too much focus on "ninja" and "mutant" not enough on "teenage" and "turtles." It's hard to believe that the original is so dull while the toned down cartoon is so funky and lovable.

I hope this movie at least finds a halfway point between them. Because they're definately going to try to base this off the old comics, even after the new cartoon delivered only mediocre results (And yes, I watch it every Saturday so I know what I'm talking about. I ven watched that TMNT go to the future show that started this saturday and, corny plot and lame new characters aside, kind of prefered the style to how they've been doing it recently with all the aliens and ninja and angsty Leonardos razz )

And I've read a little Usagi Yojimbo. It's good, but I can't really elaborate.
Personally? I couldn't stand the old cartoon sweatdrop The villains were a joke, and the villains are what make the heroes. I also wasn't biug on how the cartoon turtles all seemed to act like modified versions of Mikey, but that's just me. On both counts, I suppose.
Hamato Raphael
On a similar vein . . . does anyone read Usagi Yojimbo, and if so, is it any good?

I highly recommend it. Usagi Yojimbo is a great series with a lot of work put into. Stan Sakai researches what he puts into the comic to make it historically accurate. There are around 20 trades of it so far and each is usually accessible to new readers. If you want to get the whole story and appreciate everything that is put into it then start from the beginning.
Butter_Knife
The cartoon and Archie TMNT is the version that 95% or more of us love and recognize as classic. I don't understand this obsession to return the turtles to their roots. I've read the old comics and they just are plain not as enjoyable as the pizza loving cool guys we grew up with. Too much focus on "ninja" and "mutant" not enough on "teenage" and "turtles." It's hard to believe that the original is so dull while the toned down cartoon is so funky and lovable.

I personally see them as two different beasts and enjoy each equally. The original series was started as just two creators doing grim and gritty stories that had sci-fi elements in it. There was fun in the original series too. Take for example some of the tales by Mike Martin and the Hedden/McWeeney team which were really bizarre. The Archie series was trying to reach a different audience and to me was written like an action packed Saturday morning cartoon, which I loved. I think that another comic should be done in a similar way to capitalize on the popularity on the current show, though it may be too late.
Miguel OHara
dubtron123
I used to want to be a ninja turtle.... rolleyes

Dude, who didn't? I was Leo for Halloween one year.

I was at least three of them if not four. My mother made me this big elaborate costume with a shell and a headpiece where you look out the mouth and everything. She just swapped out the belt and bandanna as necessary.
the new tmnt sucks. the old turtles were cool skater party dudes. the new ones just look pissed off all the time.
Here's the trailor for the 2007 TMNT movie:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/

I currently work at a movie theater. I saw it on the big screen, and it kicked shell. It was a part of the Ant Bully previews.
drcoco2k

That's cool.
Mad love for Mikey. whee heart
Sorce
drcoco2k

That's cool.

Yeah, all my co-workers & I loved it. We were all surprised by how awesome it was.
drcoco2k
Sorce
drcoco2k

That's cool.

Yeah, all my co-workers & I loved it. We were all surprised by how awesome it was.
Well.. I really only liked it at the end. The part where they're all ninja-ing over the rooftops seemed very generic (aside from the fact that they're turtles), but the end where they're all serious and Mikey falls into the dumpster was classic.
That was awesome. 2007 is going to be a good year for movies.
Miguel OHara
That was awesome. 2007 is going to be a good year for movies.
¡HELL YEAH!

Along with TMNT, 2007 will also have Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider, & Transformers(comes out on Independence Day).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff