Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Phantom

I just love this series! Neil Gaiman is amazing!
My favorite Endless is Delirium. She's so cute!
Sandman is an excellent series, I just love the style and stories.
Delirium is awesome, I loved the first delirium comic with all the fish, it was so beautiful in an eerie sort of way.

Witty Phantom

Spacebeam
Delirium is awesome, I loved the first delirium comic with all the fish, it was so beautiful in an eerie sort of way.

Neil Gaiman has a way of creating characters that you can love.

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I wanna read it so badly!!!! i can never find the first volume though.....T-T
Sandman is so great! Not only are the stories amazing but the different artists that they use are great too! I especially like the styles used in delirium's chapter in Endless Nights, the one where she meats all the mentally unbalanced people.
My favorite Endless family member has to be Desire. Stay around her/him/it for too long and consider your heart broken!
Eternal Marionetta
Spacebeam

He also has a way of taking characters other people created and changing them so much beyond recognition that they can co-exist and make everyone forget about the original character.

Oh yeah. I went there.

Gaiman's Sandman is cool and all, but I preferred Matt Wagner's to be honest. Wildly different genres, but on a basic scale of which one I liked more, Sandman Mystery Theatre ranks higher.

Witty Phantom

Captain Talavar
Eternal Marionetta
Spacebeam

He also has a way of taking characters other people created and changing them so much beyond recognition that they can co-exist and make everyone forget about the original character.

Oh yeah. I went there.

Gaiman's Sandman is cool and all, but I preferred Matt Wagner's to be honest. Wildly different genres, but on a basic scale of which one I liked more, Sandman Mystery Theatre ranks higher.

I think Neil was commissioned to rewrite the Sandman.
I can't find the golden-age Sandman comics, at all.
Eternal Marionetta
Captain Talavar
Eternal Marionetta
Spacebeam

Oh yeah. I went there.

Mystery Theatre isn't golden age, luckily. It also has the best depiction of the original Sandman you can find.

I still wish that some day, DC will let Matt Wagner do Batman Mystery Theatre as a 1930s or 40s pulpy crime/noir series just like his Sandman MT series was.

Witty Phantom

Captain Talavar
Eternal Marionetta
Captain Talavar
Eternal Marionetta
Spacebeam

Oh yeah. I went there.

Mystery Theatre isn't golden age, luckily. It also has the best depiction of the original Sandman you can find.

I still wish that some day, DC will let Matt Wagner do Batman Mystery Theatre as a 1930s or 40s pulpy crime/noir series just like his Sandman MT series was.

In Midnight Days, they have the original Sandman. They called him the "Golden Age" Sandman. He was also mentioned in Preludes and Nocturnes. Of course, I've never read much of the original because I cannot find them. If I could, I would.

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Captain Talavar

Wikipedia
The Sandman grew out of a proposal by Neil Gaiman to revive DC's 1974–1976 series The Sandman, illustrated by Jack Kirby and Ernie Chua and written by Joe Simon and Michael Fleisher.
Gaiman mentioned his [Sandman] treatment in passing to DC editor Karen Berger. While months later Berger offered Gaiman a comic title to work on, he was unsure his Sandman pitch would be accepted. However, weeks later Berger asked Gaiman if he was interested in doing a Sandman series. Gaiman recalled, "I said, 'Um... yes. Yes, definitely. What's the catch?' [Berger said,] 'There's only one. We'd like a new Sandman. Keep the name. But the rest is up to you.'"

Witty Phantom

Masiakasaurus
Captain Talavar

Wikipedia
The Sandman grew out of a proposal by Neil Gaiman to revive DC's 1974–1976 series The Sandman, illustrated by Jack Kirby and Ernie Chua and written by Joe Simon and Michael Fleisher.
Gaiman mentioned his [Sandman] treatment in passing to DC editor Karen Berger. While months later Berger offered Gaiman a comic title to work on, he was unsure his Sandman pitch would be accepted. However, weeks later Berger asked Gaiman if he was interested in doing a Sandman series. Gaiman recalled, "I said, 'Um... yes. Yes, definitely. What's the catch?' [Berger said,] 'There's only one. We'd like a new Sandman. Keep the name. But the rest is up to you.'"

HA! I KNEW IT.

Witty Phantom

Cosmo_Shinden
My favorite Endless family member has to be Desire. Stay around her/him/it for too long and consider your heart broken!

I love Desire. It's so crafty.
Big fan of course =3

Witty Phantom

Shadowolf
Big fan of course =3

Is that you in your signature? I love your choker!

Who is your favorite character?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces