Karolina Dean 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 2 ]
Xavin 0.20833333333333 20.8% [ 5 ]
Victor Mancha 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 1 ]
Gertrude Yorkes 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 2 ]
Old Lace 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Klara Prast 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
< 1 2

It needs a movie, plan and simple. If they could get a movie deal, have it adapted right from the first volume's storyline, it would probably be enough to get the comic jump started again.

And you know, a movie would just be epic anyway. The first volume could easily be shortened enough to work within a movie's plot. Teen super heroes fighting they're super villain parents, even people that haven't read the comic would love to see that.

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Actually a netflix series would be the way to go. Runaways has too much lore to cram into two hours. Saw some fail fan casting though, where they wanted some literal adult actresses to play Molly and Klara, and I was kinda like nope, cause I think Molly's appeal is she is still a child.

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
What makes you say Marvel's going to reboot? Relaunching under things like Marvel Now! seems to be working just fine for them.

I just remember seeing that the actual casting calls fail to mention that Nico is Japanese/Asian American. I would hope they would keep the cast diverse if a show/movie happened. stare

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Axis accorrding to an article I read would could lead to a reboot, resulting in Marvel relaunching everything with no mutants or F4. Sometimes it seems like they may as well reboot cause some ideas aren't smart as of late. Such as their desire to kill several characters in attempts to make some other characters interesting.

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
oh that thing from bleedingcool? yeah I don't believe it tbh. Axis just sounds like any other event to me, just with Remender at the helm. Marvel would be incredibly stupid to get rid of mutants considering how well the X-Men sell, not to mention all the recent solo books that have come out like Cyclops, Storm, Magneto, etc. Why create them if you're just going to do away with them? I seriously doubt they'd have someone like Bendis on 2 X-Men books just to completely get rid of everything. Plus, both of Hickman's Avengers books are jumping forward in time to the events that happen after Axis. That wouldn't work as a linear story if there was some reboot in between. I'd expect books to get relaunched, but no reboots.

Who are they killing off aside from Wolverine? His death is already an event in itself. Steve and Thor will go back to their regular roles sooner or later, it's not like they haven't had other people take their mantles before.

Shameless Lunatic

8,025 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Cyclops is supposed to go full evil as a result of Axis and die from what I heard. But Spider-Man's recent "death" just makes Wolverine's death seem too soon, since he just died a few years ago.

But not to derail the topic too much. But I just detest the idea of using Falcon as a perpetual benchwarmer who just takes over when heroes can't do their job. He will forever be considered everything Aquaman was accused of being unless he becomes his own hero. I don't dislike him bein the new Cap because of his race, in fact I think it should have been Eli Bradley.

But back on topic, I still believe that since Marvel is apparently ending Fantastic Four they need to relaunch Runaways as a series.
Runaways is a gift and what got me into comics! I adore every character, but Gert will always be my favorite. I keep up with all their other appearances, and get over excited at references to them in other series. If you liked Runaways, you should check out BKV's other two series, Y: The Last Man and Saga, though those are published by independent companies so they're most nsfw than Runaways was.
I really hope that Runaways gets a new series, with BKV writing it again!
Fatgirl and Robin
Runaways is a gift and what got me into comics! I adore every character, but Gert will always be my favorite. I keep up with all their other appearances, and get over excited at references to them in other series. If you liked Runaways, you should check out BKV's other two series, Y: The Last Man and Saga, though those are published by independent companies so they're most nsfw than Runaways was.
I really hope that Runaways gets a new series, with BKV writing it again!

huh! I didn't realize that y: the last man was done by the same person as runaways. explains why they're both so good smile guess that means I should give saga a look

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff