Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

If you don't know Cartoon Network is making a new Young Justice cartoon and after Teen Titans I was hopeful to see how they recreated it. I have a few disappointments with the overall character designs of the team. I have absolutely no problem with Robin or Superboy, but Kid Flash should be Impulse and those aweful shoulder pads don't make much sense with his costume. I don't mind a black Aqualad since they have him in the comics, but the hair they gave him for the cartoon is terrible and he should have dreads. As for Artemis, she should really just be Arrowette and it feels like they wanted to mix her with Wondergirl by giving her a greek god name since they weren't able to use her. My only issue with Miss Martian is that she was never in Young Justice, but in the Teen Titans. I do like that they used her and she should be the true replacement for Wonder Girl as far as the powers go. Aside from that, I love the whole Justice League and animation style. I have high hopes for the show, but overall they handled the main team a little poorly in my opinion.
There's been a few threads on this topic already.

Anyway, personally... I'm taking a wait and see approach. And by that, I mean "wait for it to come out on DVD and see if it's expensive".

What, you thought I was just a comics degenerate? Ha HA!
Joksta
A black Aqualad is a sad last attempt to add more diversity on the team, overall his character just looks funny and I would rather he be white.

Well, there is a black Aqualad in Brightest Day right now. At least I think they're calling him Aqualad.

I'm rather excited for this series. I was a fan of the Teen Titans series, and I hope they can pull this off, too.
iMethuselah
Joksta
A black Aqualad is a sad last attempt to add more diversity on the team, overall his character just looks funny and I would rather he be white.

Well, there is a black Aqualad in Brightest Day right now. At least I think they're calling him Aqualad.

I'm rather excited for this series. I was a fan of the Teen Titans series, and I hope they can pull this off, too.
I looked it up and I like Aqualad's hair better in Brightest day, it looks weird being blonde and cut short in the animation.
Joksta
iMethuselah
Joksta

I looked it up and I like Aqualad's hair better in Brightest day, it looks weird being blonde and cut short in the animation.

Yeah, he does look kind of weird with blond hair. Isn't that a 90's style? Haven't seen that since it was on Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man.
iMethuselah
Joksta
iMethuselah
Joksta

Yeah, he does look kind of weird with blond hair. Isn't that a 90's style? Haven't seen that since it was on Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man.
LOL yeah, Spike also had blonde hair in X-Men Evolution. Blonde hair on any black person just looks weird in cartoons though.
Aqualad does look weird and I agree that some of the characters should've been different. I would love to see Empress on the team. The show does look promising, better animation than the old Teen Titans cartoon and much more serious. Makes me wish they could've made Teen Titans more like this or atleast more like the old DC animation style instead of americanized anime style.
Personally, the only way I could be MORE excited about it is if they were to incorporate the Teen Titans animated characters into the same continuum, but sadly that won't be the case. That's proven already because the Robin featured above is apparently d**k Grayson, as was the one from Teen Titans.

Sadface.
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Personally, the only way I could be MORE excited about it is if they were to incorporate the Teen Titans animated characters into the same continuum, but sadly that won't be the case. That's proven already because the Robin featured above is apparently d**k Grayson, as was the one from Teen Titans.

Sadface.
That sucks, this continuum is throwing all these new and old characters together and not following the comic at all. Tim Drake and Superboy were best friends and I really wanted to see Nightwing.
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Sadface.
That sucks, this continuum is throwing all these new and old characters together and not following the comic at all. Tim Drake and Superboy were best friends and I really wanted to see Nightwing.

Yup, even though he's clearly wearing Tim's costume... :/ but what can you do, right?
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Sadface.

Yup, even though he's clearly wearing Tim's costume... :/ but what can you do, right?
The fact I love the characters and is planning to go into animation makes me love the show, but right now I completely hate how they ruined the Young Justice comic. It seems more like they're trying to do a weird Teen Titans thing with the sidekicks first forming together because of their mentors, but adding Superboy and calling it Young Justice. I would rather they have made a Titan series with Nightwing as the leader and the same animation style, that would be great since they could've used Donna Troy instead of Wondergirl.
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Sadface.

The fact I love the characters and is planning to go into animation makes me love the show, but right now I completely hate how they ruined the Young Justice comic. It seems more like they're trying to do a weird Teen Titans thing with the sidekicks first forming together because of their mentors, but adding Superboy and calling it Young Justice. I would rather they have made a Titan series with Nightwing as the leader and the same animation style, that would be great since they could've used Donna Troy instead of Wondergirl.

That, but in Bruce Timm's style, and in the same continuum as the rest of the "Canon" DCAU (Static Shock, JL, JLU, Batman TAS, Superman TAS)
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Sadface.

That, but in Bruce Timm's style, and in the same continuum as the rest of the "Canon" DCAU (Static Shock, JL, JLU, Batman TAS, Superman TAS)
Don't forget Batman Beyond and I miss that style, but the new one is so much cooler. I would rather it be in the same continuum though as far the story, sticking to the comics work best.
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Sadface.

Don't forget Batman Beyond and I miss that style, but the new one is so much cooler. I would rather it be in the same continuum though as far the story, sticking to the comics work best.

How could I forget Terry McGinnis? smile There was also one other show in the DCAU though, but it sucked and was a spinoff of Batman Beyond, with a new art style. And they changed everything about it, it was some Robot show. Anywho...

They won't stick to the comic storyline because they want to have the origins, so the kids will understand the "whole" picture. And as for why they aren't going for the Timmverse look... well, that's probably because he's so busy with these direct-to-dvd movie releases.
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

How could I forget Terry McGinnis? smile There was also one other show in the DCAU though, but it sucked and was a spinoff of Batman Beyond, with a new art style. And they changed everything about it, it was some Robot show. Anywho...

They won't stick to the comic storyline because they want to have the origins, so the kids will understand the "whole" picture. And as for why they aren't going for the Timmverse look... well, that's probably because he's so busy with these direct-to-dvd movie releases.
It was the Zeta Project and I don't count that show because it sucked and had no DC characters.

They could easily explain the origins through the story, I miss Tim Drake as Robin in the cartoons because they keep referencing his costume in other shows. I like all the of Bruce Timm's stuff, but I haven't seen his artstyle in movies since The Mystery of the Batwoman.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff