Welcome to Gaia! ::

Joksta
Son Of The Bat
Joksta
User Image

If you don't know Cartoon Network is making a new Young Justice cartoon and after Teen Titans I was hopeful to see how they recreated it. I have a few disappointments with the overall character designs of the team. I have absolutely no problem with Robin or Superboy, but Kid Flash should be Impulse and those aweful shoulder pads don't make much sense with his costume. A black Aqualad is a sad last attempt to add more diversity on the team, overall his character just looks funny and I would rather he be white. As for Artemis, she should really just be Arrowette and it feels like they wanted to mix her with Wondergirl by giving her a greek god name since they weren't able to use her. My only issue with Miss Martian is that she was never in Young Justice, but in the Teen Titans. I do like that they used her and she should be the true replacement for Wonder Girl as far as the powers go. Aside from that, I love the whole Justice League and extra Titan characters they plan to use. I have high hopes for the animation, but overall they handled the main team a little poorly in my opinion.

The reason This aqualad is 'Black' Is because he is the New Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) User Image

That is the cartoon version Of the NEW aqualad.
Too late, someone on the first page already pointed that out and I've been commenting that I like his hair in the comics better for a while now.
K,Then you should update your first post,If you don't want people correcting you for now.
I changed it.
El Segador
I just saw the premiere online and have to say that I really like the animation. That being said, I don't really like the characters personalities. Robin is the funniest and that should be Kid Flash, Aqualad seems more level headed and that should be Robin, while Superboy and Speedy's personalities could be the same since they both always sound pissed off when they talk. Miss Martian just showing up out of nowhere was a little weird, shouldn't they have admitted her in the beginning if the Martian Manhunter already knew of her existance? I also can't say I like how they portray d**k with the smug attitude, scarf, and shades at the end. It feels like a very rocky start to me, but it has potential to get better.
I kinda agree about the personalities, but this is a whole new universe. They tried to mix old and new characters together and none of them really act like they should because of it. If Tim was Robin he would've been the first person to establish a friendship with Superboy instead of Aqualad, but Aqualad is the leader. I think we all can agree that this d**k Grayson is a little disappointing because he acts nothing like him, his clothes at the end made him look like a beatnik. I completely agree that Miss Martian should've been in the beginning if they were just gonna bring her in at the end from out of nowhere. I guess the Martians didn't have an ice based villain to fight, so they left her out.
I think the reason they didn't have Miss Martian until the end is because there probably wouldn't have been much of a struggle for her during Cadmus. She would have made everything too easy and the characters wouldn't have learned much. I mean, she can shapeshift, read minds, fly, and has super strength.
iMethuselah
I think the reason they didn't have Miss Martian until the end is because there probably wouldn't have been much of a struggle for her during Cadmus. She would have made everything too easy and the characters wouldn't have learned much. I mean, she can shapeshift, read minds, fly, and has super strength.
Seeing as how Superboy is stronger than her and they did have telekinetic creatures at hand, it would've been more interesting to see how she would've handled it. I do agree that it would've been easier and I kinda liked that only the guys were together during the first mission, but she needed a better way of appearing in the show. They just dumped her character on us at the very end, no backstory at all and it just didn't make sense why they didn't put her on the sidekick team earlier if she was already regarded as the Martian's neice.

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
My biggest gripe with the new show (which I was very much looking forward to) is Kid Flash. Online sources can't agree with whether he's supposed to be a sort of de-aged Wally West (which would make absolutely zero sense since Wally's one of the Original Seven), Bart or Barry. If any one knows for certain - WordOfGod would be nice - PLEASE tell me.

Also, just a little pet peeve... Robin keeping his secret identity a secret while in civies at the end... By wearing sunglasses. And I thought Superman was bad. neutral
We who have Fallen
Online sources can't agree with whether he's supposed to be a sort of de-aged Wally West (which would make absolutely zero sense since Wally's one of the Original Seven)

Why is it a rule of Comics-to-Cartoons adaptations that "How much it differs from the source material" matters most to the people who know least about the source material?

Familiar Phantom

rofl

a) It's Wally.

b) It's a CARTOON, not a Direct Adaptation of Anything.

c) Wally is very pleased that you think he's one of the Original Seven. He just wants to know, Original Seven what, exactly?
Wally_West
rofl

a) It's Wally.

b) It's a CARTOON, not a Direct Adaptation of Anything.

c) Wally is very pleased that you think he's one of the Original Seven. He just wants to know, Original Seven what, exactly?
She probably thought Wally was the original seven because of the Justice League cartoon. She didn't realize Wally was the first Kid Flash.

I've actually heard that the whole Wondergirl issue has been resolved, so she might appear in the show. Has anyone else here heard of that? My only problem is if she'll be Wonder Woman's sister or Cassie who is Superboy's girlfriend and daughter of Zues.
Wally_West
He just wants to know, Original Seven what, exactly?

Weasley children. He was replaced with Ginny in the movies.
pinderpanda
Wally_West
He just wants to know, Original Seven what, exactly?

Weasley children. He was replaced with Ginny in the movies.
Looks like it wasn't just Dumbledore that was gay!

Oni will be pissed.
Further research reveals that Wally was actually one of the original seven dwarves.

This was changed however, as his name would had to have been 'Speedy' which would have lead to confusion.
pinderpanda
Further research reveals that Wally was actually one of the original seven dwarves.

This was changed however, as his name would had to have been 'Speedy' which would have lead to confusion.
LOL, anyone else still think Speedy is the worst sidekick name for an archer?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff