Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vartox
Artemis is my favorite female character on the show! And yes she is in school, Wally asks if he can copy her paper and she tells him no. Why would she be doing homework if she wasn't going to school? That's not a scene I made up in my head, it was actually in the episode dude.

It's okay not to like a character but what's the point of thinking up shitty ways they should die? Just accept that they're going to be around and get over it. I dislike Jaime but I'm aware he's going to hang around whether I like it or not.
*claps* Good for you for liking Artemis best, I don't care and I think you should read my posts because I already acknowledged she was in school. I hate when third parties come into an argument without reading everything, just like Maki_P bringing up sexism because I don't like Artemis. It's a THEORY and not a shitty one because it's very possible she could die in order to get Wally to be a hero again. The creators have mentioned a teammate would die and it hasn't happened yet, so I don't have to accept anyone being around until that happens.

Versatile Receiver

A teammate already died. Aquagirl did.

I called it a shitty theory because I think Weisman & co have more sense than to fridge a good female character just to give a male character some justification for something. I don't expect Artemis to become a hero again, actually, but I do expect Wally to take up the Flash's name. That will probably be because Barry is dead or injured and not because Artemis dies and Barry goes "oops your girlfriend is dead QUICK PUT ON MY COSTUME".

I did read your post but I read it before you edited it ;]

Tula was not an important character, only showed in 1 episode and was talked about being dead in the new season. Her death does not have any emotional response from the audience and we never even would've known she joined the team if it wasn't for them mentioning she died on a mission as Aquagirl. I also noticed they said SOME characters won't make it, meaning more than 1. I also noticed in the previews they made Aquaman have long hair and changed it, but that's just a fun fact.

Weisman already fridged your good female character by making her inactive and you even said you don't think she'll be a hero again. If anything, it's a possibility she could still be caught up in old family ties since her sister and father are still villains.

I didn't edit my post, so not sure what you're talking about. Maybe you read the wrong post because I made several on the last page, but don't throw me under the bus because of your mistake.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Captain Arrow
Maki_P
Captain Arrow
I hate that Wally isn't a hero and living a normal life with Artemis. Kinda disappointing, but that leaves me to believe Barry will die and Wally will have to come out of retirement to take his place as Flash. Not sure what will happen with Artemis, but part of me wants her to die as a further push to make Wally a hero again.

Let me see if I get this straight. You want an interesting Female character to die just so a MALE character becomes a hero?
Did you know that's something we called "Stuffed in the Fridge Syndrome"? And that it's incredibly sexist because it treats women as disposable and establishes that women's only purpose is to be secondary to Men? And why only Wally needs to be inspired to be a Hero? Can't Artemis be a hero herself?
Seriously, Why women have to suffer just to make men more interesting? Aren't they interesting by themselves? Aren't they people deserving the same level of respect we give to male characters?

Look just because you don't like her doesn't mean you have to kill her, specially in such a sexist manner.
You find Artemis to be the most interesting female character, so don't say it as if that's a fact. Besides, how can she be the most interesting when she's not even a hero anymore? Miss Martian, Wondergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee are all more interesting to me. Have you read comics because they're all sexist to some point being drawn and written by men, so you're in the wrong forum if you have such a strong stance. I don't like 1 female character, am I supposed to love all the female characters in order to not be sexist? It's not that serious of a discussion, I'm just throwing out ideas of what will happen to the characters. It's been said that a team member would die before the series started and she could still be a possibility, especially if it gets Wally back in action.

I didn't say Artemis was the most interesting female character. I wasn't even talking about her specifically (although she is an interesting character), I was referring to the practice of offing female characters to make their male counterparts "more interesting" like it happened to Wasp and Sue Dibny among others
Second I have no problem with you disliking a female character. Dislike away! You can even wish them dead if you like, just not in a way that makes her an accessory to man's story; if a Female Hero is going to die it's going to be in HER OWN story, not someone else's.
Next, so you think this forum is not the place to point out sexism in comics, huh? Darling you are so innocent.

Finally, I found you're reaction worrying. In my experience when someone reacts the way you did to a comment like mine it's because they're sexist and don't realize it. I didn't call you sexist, I called the PRACTICE sexist. I considered you were probably young and innocent and did not realized what you just said; I still do actually.
I think you're a teenage kid who doesn't understand the world just yet. And I'm here to educate, not judge. I don't think you mean any harm, please don't take this personally

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
One more thing. Retiring a superhero is not fridging her it's putting her on a bus. And the Bus might come back
iMethuselah
Joksta
iMethuselah
Joksta
he does look kind of weird with blond hair. Isn't that a 90's style? Haven't seen that since it was on Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man.

rofl

rofl
Captain Arrow
Maki_P
Captain Arrow
I hate that Wally isn't a hero and living a normal life with Artemis. Kinda disappointing, but that leaves me to believe Barry will die and Wally will have to come out of retirement to take his place as Flash. Not sure what will happen with Artemis, but part of me wants her to die as a further push to make Wally a hero again.

Let me see if I get this straight. You want an interesting Female character to die just so a MALE character becomes a hero?
Did you know that's something we called "Stuffed in the Fridge Syndrome"? And that it's incredibly sexist because it treats women as disposable and establishes that women's only purpose is to be secondary to Men? And why only Wally needs to be inspired to be a Hero? Can't Artemis be a hero herself?
Seriously, Why women have to suffer just to make men more interesting? Aren't they interesting by themselves? Aren't they people deserving the same level of respect we give to male characters?

Look just because you don't like her doesn't mean you have to kill her, specially in such a sexist manner.
You find Artemis to be the most interesting female character, so don't say it as if that's a fact.

Actually she never said that. She said She was an interesting character not the most interesting

Quote:
Have you read comics because they're all sexist to some point being drawn and written by men, so you're in the wrong forum if you have such a strong stance.

Not all comics are written and drawned by men. It is a comics forum so as long as she discussing comics she is in the right place
Captain Arrow
Weisman already fridged your good female character by making her inactive and you even said you don't think she'll be a hero again. If anything, it's a possibility she could still be caught up in old family ties since her sister and father are still villains.

Weisman has not. There is a big difference between having two character retire to live together and go to college and killing or crippling a women to give the "hero" motivation.
Maki_P
Captain Arrow
Maki_P
Captain Arrow

You find Artemis to be the most interesting female character, so don't say it as if that's a fact. Besides, how can she be the most interesting when she's not even a hero anymore? Miss Martian, Wondergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee are all more interesting to me. Have you read comics because they're all sexist to some point being drawn and written by men, so you're in the wrong forum if you have such a strong stance. I don't like 1 female character, am I supposed to love all the female characters in order to not be sexist? It's not that serious of a discussion, I'm just throwing out ideas of what will happen to the characters. It's been said that a team member would die before the series started and she could still be a possibility, especially if it gets Wally back in action.

I didn't say Artemis was the most interesting female character. I wasn't even talking about her specifically (although she is an interesting character), I was referring to the practice of offing female characters to make their male counterparts "more interesting" like it happened to Wasp and Sue Dibny among others
Second I have no problem with you disliking a female character. Dislike away! You can even wish them dead if you like, just not in a way that makes her an accessory to man's story; if a Female Hero is going to die it's going to be in HER OWN story, not someone else's.
Next, so you think this forum is not the place to point out sexism in comics, huh? Darling you are so innocent.

Finally, I found you're reaction worrying. In my experience when someone reacts the way you did to a comment like mine it's because they're sexist and don't realize it. I didn't call you sexist, I called the PRACTICE sexist. I considered you were probably young and innocent and did not realized what you just said; I still do actually.
I think you're a teenage kid who doesn't understand the world just yet. And I'm here to educate, not judge. I don't think you mean any harm, please don't take this personally
I admit that I misread what you said that she was the "most" interesting character, but I don't find her to be as interesting now. She's just another archer who is retired and there's plenty of humans on the show who have more interesting skills. Also, the way you said everything pretty much suggests that I'm sexist, so me defending myself is justified. It isn't worded in a way that even suggests my "practice" was sexist, but that my way of thinking is. Ultimately, just because I dislike a female character and expect her to die doesn't make me sexist and you're blowing the issue out of proportion. Sexism in comics is common, so not sure why you're so mad about me about my opinion of Artemis when there's a bigger issue within the comic industry of how they present women.

I just found your whole post to me to be insulting and not needed. Looks like you just wanted to jump into a conversation you weren't in to spout your sexism views. You're not giving me anything I would care about learning since you seem to hold the fact you're old so highly. You can go and teach someone else, I don't care to hear it.
@GLJordan: Thanks for stating something that someone else already cleared up in a conversation not aimed toward you. But hey, you dismissed my whole conversation toward you on the last page, so I guess you had to talk about something.

Why did you feel the need to clarify that not all comics are made by men? I know that, but men are the MAJORITY and will always be.

I should just ignore outside comments from now on. I felt like giving my opinion about Artemis opened an unneeded can of worms. Was not expecting to talk about sexism and clarify stupid remarks from other users who misread posts and act as if they know better.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Captain Arrow

I admit that I misread what you said that she was the "most" interesting character, but I don't find her to be as interesting now. She's just another archer who is retired and there's plenty of humans on the show who have more interesting skills. Also, the way you said everything pretty much suggests that I'm sexist, so me defending myself is justified. It isn't worded in a way that even suggests my "practice" was sexist, but that my way of thinking is. Ultimately, just because I dislike a female character and expect her to die doesn't make me sexist and you're blowing the issue out of proportion. Sexism in comics is common, so not sure why you're so mad about me about my opinion of Artemis when there's a bigger issue within the comic industry of how they present women.

I just found your whole post to me to be insulting and not needed. Looks like you just wanted to jump into a conversation you weren't in to spout your sexism views. You're not giving me anything I would care about learning since you seem to hold the fact you're old so highly. You can go and teach someone else, I don't care to hear it.

I apologize for writing in a manner that suggests you are sexist. I don't think you're sexist, I think you're naive; well now I think you are naive and stubborn. I see your perceptions as a product of out patriarchal society, we all have them, I have them.
Now, if you had said you just wanted Artemis to die I'd... actually I'd call you an idiot or something like that because I like Artemis, but I wouldn't have mention sexism or discrimination at all. What happened is that you innocently reflected a negative aspect of modern stories and I consider important to point it out. I can't just ignore an issue that damages society, I have to at least try to fix it; that's what I'm trying to do. Fix the problem of relegating women to plot devices for men. And I know it's not just about Artemis, I read and share knowledge about this issues in other places, I'm attacking all the problems I find big or small.
I'm not here to criticize you or anything, I'm here to help you understand the problems there are with modern society.
I don't expect you to actually take any of my words; but at least they're there

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Oh God, I made a horrible discovery! Rubén León is NOT dubbing the Joker in the LA version of Young Justice! My Life has no meaning! emotion_facepalm crying

To elaborate, Rubén León is the voice actor who has played every animated version of the Joker in Latin America. He's our Mark Hamill. No worse, Hamill left after Justice League Unlimited. Rubén León has been the only one! He was in The Batman, and Batman: the Brave and the Bold, even Under the Red Hood
And now he's gone. Animation will be never be the same again! crying

Dangerous Visionary

Maki_P
Oh God, I made a horrible discovery! Rubén León is NOT dubbing the Joker in the LA version of Young Justice! My Life has no meaning! emotion_facepalm crying

To elaborate, Rubén León is the voice actor who has played every animated version of the Joker in Latin America. He's our Mark Hamill. No worse, Hamill left after Justice League Unlimited. Rubén León has been the only one! He was in The Batman, and Batman: the Brave and the Bold, even Under the Red Hood
And now he's gone. Animation will be never be the same again! crying

Well to be fair Hamill is retiring the role as well or so he claims. It makes sense when you think about cause actors don't like getting type cast like that and like Avatar Korra says you gotta deal with it. TBH I always like casting changes since the voice acting pool is small enough as is. Doesn't seem like he is giving up voice acting I don't know if you guys get Regular Show yet but maybe Mr. Leon can voice Skips. emotion_awesome
Its a good show i only watch it though because of Batman & Robin.

Beloved Regular

7,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Um...today's episode? Gosh, we totally need a spoiler thread so we can discuss current happenings...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff