Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'd be an insult not to put these here: Watchmen, The Sandman, Ghost World, Marvel Civil War

1,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
zerogoz
I'd be an insult not to put these here: Watchmen, The Sandman, Ghost World, Marvel Civil War

Those are great and cannot forget: Y the last man, League of extraordinary gentlemen, Old man Logan xd
Unless someone mentioned it within the 46 pages, I suppose I'm of the few that like Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man.

8,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
i am loving Thor at the moment. Loki is cool but i don't get why the hell he dosn't get banished for all the s**t he pulls stressed

Quotable Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Time for a bump since I'm bored. razz

roses_by_the_stairs
i am loving Thor at the moment. Loki is cool but i don't get why the hell he dosn't get banished for all the s**t he pulls stressed

Loki always comes back one way or another. He was technically banished by being chained to a rock in the older comics but manages to get out of that. It doesn't help that he can talk his way through things.

Also I absolutely love The Sandman. Its a great story that its pretty much my all time favorite comic series. This is a favorites thread after all. razz

Devoted Member

My favorites for now and forever are:

Richard Fell (Fell, best 8 issues you will ever read, the 9th is really just a re-cap)
Sam & Twitch (from Spawn but they are two awesome detectives!)
Spawn (yes even the slow paced Jim Downing story line but still Al Simmons is best)
Batman (currently enjoying Scott Snyder's and Greg Capullo's story and art)
Jesse Custer and his vampire pal Cassidy (preacher is just wonderful)
Static Shock.

Desirable Genius

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I have lots... The Crow, The long halloween, the books of magic... the list goes on lol
My favorite characters would certainly be Banshee and Deadpool. Doctor Doom tickles my fancy as well, and I'm positive that it is impossible not to adore Rorschach, of Watchmen fame.

Banshee will always be on top, though.

On that note, any of the various adaptations of the X-Men series rock; I refuse to read Thor for personal disagreements, as a Scandinavian Studies major, and most of the DC universe hasn't really interested me, except for Section 8. (DOG WELDER, YEAHHH!)
I've been meaning to branch out and read some different comics, though. Suggestions?
Planetary. Alan Moore's run on Miracleman. DC's 52 and Blackest Night storylines.

4,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
segacavi
zerogoz

Those are great and cannot forget: Y the last man, League of extraordinary gentlemen, Old man Logan xd

Y: The Last Man is what originally got me into comics. Last year my partner and I got to meet Pia Guerra and have her sign our books!

I just recently finished up X-23 and I was hoping to get into Daken, because I had enjoyed the cross over they did earlier on in the series, but after reading issue 1 of Daken, I was quite underwhelmed. IMO they made him into a sociopathic Fabio. What sort of vibe does Old Man Logan have? I might try that one out instead.

4,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
iloLyraronoHehT
My favorite characters would certainly be Banshee and Deadpool. Doctor Doom tickles my fancy as well, and I'm positive that it is impossible not to adore Rorschach, of Watchmen fame.

Banshee will always be on top, though.

On that note, any of the various adaptations of the X-Men series rock; I refuse to read Thor for personal disagreements, as a Scandinavian Studies major, and most of the DC universe hasn't really interested me, except for Section 8. (DOG WELDER, YEAHHH!)
I've been meaning to branch out and read some different comics, though. Suggestions?

I highly recommend X-23, although I was a bit disappointed in the final issue. I really enjoyed the rest of the series. Marjorie Lui is a fantastic writer.

Y:The Last Man is quite a bit different than the comics you were describing, but it is my favorite by far. It has fantastic characters, a nice steady pace, and well-constructed plot. It also has some excellent fight scenes, innovative and genuine. Brian K. Vaughn, the author of Y:The Last Man has recently begun a new series called Saga. Chapter One is out right now and Chapter 2 should be out in about 3 weeks, I'd imagine. Chapter One blew me away, it was incredible. It might even end up rivaling Y as my favorite. It looks very promising.
im not a nerd so i dont read comics
Deadpool is probably the greatest comic book character of all time.
Mostly because I can't decide if he's a villain or a hero. He just doesn't sit as a anti-hero though, for some reason. I can't accept it; he's got a crazy head, and part of it could very well be the greatest hero of all or the most evil villain of all.

Bah, who cares? He's cool and hilarious.

d**k Grayson is the best hero, though. Definately.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff