Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wow, been a long time since I was last on Gaia... Hi everyone..
Anyways I guess it's pretty obivous I'm a Starfire fan. I also like Green Arrow alot and Arsenal 4laugh .
come on guys, does anyone here love GEN13 as much as I do?...
Favorite Heroes: Batman, Spawn, V, Bloodspot, Daredevil

Favorite Story/Comic: As of right now, Jeph Loeb's "Hush" though I am a big fan of Frank Miller's Daredevil story "Born Again" and Sin City of course always rules.

Favorite Villians: Poison Ivy, King Pin, Harlequin, Omega Red
Spiderman is my favorite character, just because he was the first superhero to NOT have everyone falling for him like that. He's also quite good looking <_< For some reason, just like Aeris i suppose, i disliked Gwen Stacey. She just...unnerved me with all the sweetness. Bleck. Besides, Peter's and MJ's romance was better (in the comics, at least, in the cartoon, wow, that's the most cliche romance...wow)

Spiderman ability, oh man, i want that power. It feels awesome in the games swinging, how good would it be in real life?
Spiderman is also my favorite series XD, but X-Men is close. Luv teh Gambit.
X-Men...i liked the cartoon show better.

Guess i'm into all the hyped ones sweatdrop
My favorite character is Poison Ivy, a DC character from the Batman rogues gallery.
I first discovered Poison Ivy in the film Batman & Robin and the character's madness and environmental cause won me over. I started collecting comics that featured Ivy and found out that the comic version was just a little different, but better.
I prefer to read Ivy when she's portrayed as an intelligent woman, capable in using her powers and the people around her. I like that she's less a villain and more of an antagonist (The two are different things), who Batman can actually reason with and treat as something like an equal.
I hate it when she's shown as a spoiled brat who makes no use of her powers, talking about how 'No one can resist her' and generally being useless. Ech. Jeph Loeb respected her in Dark Victory and Long Halloween, and Greg Rucker, Gail Simone, Anne Nocenti and John Francis Moore have written her well.
I hated her portrayal in Hush (also Jeph Loeb. Go Figure) and her recent appearance (and death) under the pen of Lieberman.
Ivy was killed off? But she was just in Gotham Central like, three months ago. crying
Yeah, but the month before (or earlier that month, I don't recall), she was killed off in a really badly written story in Gotham Knights. A sure sign that the Bat-Editors at DC aren't doing their job: In Gotham Knights, Ivy's alone and her park-kids are dying from exposure to her and then dead; In Gotham Central, She's alive and chillin' with her park-kids in Robinson Park. Aargh!
My favs (I take DC over Marvel for starters):

DC
Batman
Superman
GL (Hal)
Wonder Woman

Marvel
Silver Surfer
Iron Man
Doctor Doom

I also really enjoy the Defenders (Surfer, Namor, Doc Strange, and the Hulk), prolly my favorite team in comics..
Wanna read? Quote it.
which characters/villains/fighters/mutants/metas (whatever you can think of) are your favorites and why
-Lobo, definitely

• which characters you think are the strongest/dumbest/smartest/etc
    Strongest-Tough question
    Dumbest-Toad ala X-Men
    Smartest-Duh, Brainiac

• which character you want to be/replace/make real/etc
    Lobo. Seriously, he's the badass king of badasses.

• which characters are your least favorite and why you dislike them
    Howard the Duck. He's a friggin duck in a superhero world.

• which pairings, real or otherwise, do you want to see/like?
    Lobo and the Joker.

• Which is your favorite comic/TPB/special/etc?
    Lobo's Back's Back

• Which comic is the funniest/saddest/scariest/dumbest/etc?
    Funniest- Haven't read too many funny things.
    Saddest- That old Bat Man comic, the one with the phantom? It was pretty sad.
    Scariest- The aforementioned comic if read at 4.
    Dumbest- Super Boy.

• Which comic is better as a movie/show, and vice versa?
    Naruto anime/Manga Hellsing Manga/Anime

• Which comic do you want to see as a movie/show?
    Lobo of course.

• Which comic do you wish was real/live in?
    None, sorry I like my boring life where there are no superhero's.

• Which comic has your favourite scenes? What are they?
    Lobo's Back's Back. He comes back to life as a squirrel.

• Which comics are you currently reading?
    None really.
  • I recomend to anyone who isn't easily offended by alternative sexualities or religions to the comic series "Strangers in Paradise", it's amazing. I work in a comic book store, have for 3 years now, and I've never read anything that hit me harder. It's just incredible in so many ways.
    Cuban Samurai
    Wanna read? Quote it.
    which characters/villains/fighters/mutants/metas (whatever you can think of) are your favorites and why
    -Lobo, definitely

• which characters you think are the strongest/dumbest/smartest/etc
    Strongest-Tough question
    Dumbest-Toad ala X-Men
    Smartest-Duh, Brainiac

• which character you want to be/replace/make real/etc
    Lobo. Seriously, he's the badass king of badasses.

• which characters are your least favorite and why you dislike them
    Howard the Duck. He's a friggin duck in a superhero world.

• which pairings, real or otherwise, do you want to see/like?
    Lobo and the Joker.

• Which is your favorite comic/TPB/special/etc?
    Lobo's Back's Back

• Which comic is the funniest/saddest/scariest/dumbest/etc?
    Funniest- Haven't read too many funny things.
    Saddest- That old Bat Man comic, the one with the phantom? It was pretty sad.
    Scariest- The aforementioned comic if read at 4.
    Dumbest- Super Boy.

• Which comic is better as a movie/show, and vice versa?
    Naruto anime/Manga Hellsing Manga/Anime

• Which comic do you want to see as a movie/show?
    Lobo of course.

• Which comic do you wish was real/live in?
    None, sorry I like my boring life where there are no superhero's.

• Which comic has your favourite scenes? What are they?
    Lobo's Back's Back. He comes back to life as a squirrel.

• Which comics are you currently reading?
    None really.

• Basically, the message I'm trying to get across here, Lobo Rocks.
    K'mon, he's immortal, how can you not like someone as badass as him?
    not an offical for-sale comic but there's a hella funny webcomic vgcats.com

just funny funny stuff...

fav. heroes/villains.
    Batman cuz he doesnt have special powers...just stuff.
    Poison Ivy cuz she's all like poisony and junk.
    Badmouth, he might not be well know (at all) cuz he was in one of the comics called somethin like "Superhero Rejects" but he's still cool cuz he looks awesome and can turn into a monster that starts eating random things. It's awesome!
    Krug, a demon off vgcats.com...he's just plain cool. ("stupid pink fleshbags no give Krug more popcorn!" wink
    The Joker cuz he's just plain wierd...and kinda cool

REALLY GOOD COMIC: "The End Of Superman" You finally get to see the Man of Steel bite the dust...
    ultimate spiderman. the entire things rocks! i just like the idea of seening a More modern peter parker, cause lets face it the orginal (still kick a** as he may be) doesn't stick to hwta stan lee wanted, a teen aged super hero with life problems
    I'm fairly new to American Comics (I've been an avid manga fan for years though XD) but out of the few series I've read so far one of my favorites would have to be Foot Soldiers. Any comic that can make such cheesy powers/equipment look cool is awsome in my part. Coincidently my favorite character is Johnny Stomp from the same comic. He just amuses me to no end. Especially when he destroyed half the city by knocking down a dam and enjoyed every minute of it XD

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff