Liberal Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
xPOISON_FREEx
I've always hated the Avengers.
Their whole being seemed pointless.
I mean, you've got SHIELD already up and running, why not just stay under them?
There's no point in creating a new entity. lol

Am I the only one incredibly pissed off about the movie, though?
Like where the ******** is Wasp?
I mean, I understand Spiderman's movie rights were sold, but god damnit, he was supposed to be in there with them. crying

Spiderman and Wolverine did not become Avengers until recently, the original team consisted of Antman, Hulk, Ironman, Thor, and Wasp. Captain America became a retroactive founding member after Hulk left the team.

The Movie Team leaves out Antman and Wasp and replaces them with Black Widow and Hawkeye. It kind of upset me a little but I will still watch the Avengers Movie and hope it keeps the whole Superhero Genre of Action Movies alive.
I never got this either. I mean, with the X-Men you get the sense that they're watching each others' backs because nobody else will. That's where their team chemistry comes from. They basically don't have anyone but each other. You can't really say the same for Iron Man or Thor, who have the entire government or a floating continent full of allies.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
They're Marvel's Justice League obviously
Scott_Holmes
The Movie Team leaves out Antman and Wasp and replaces them with Black Widow and Hawkeye. It kind of upset me a little but I will still watch the Avengers Movie and hope it keeps the whole Superhero Genre of Action Movies alive.

Adaptations of team stories almost always change the membership. That makes sense to me - I really don't think Ant-Man brings anything interesting to the table (nor Hawkeye come to that, but y'know).

I've seen it said elsewhere on these forums that the film's probably taking its cues more from Mark Millar's Ultimates than Stan Lee's Avengers. That's the team here - Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, with support from Widow and Hawkeye. This is a crying shame, as Millar's Ultimates is tiresome.

Desirable Genius

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Its a team.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items