Welcome to Gaia! ::

AY-104's Sidekick

Tipsy Millionaire

7,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Up until recently I didn't really get into Marvel storylines but after I found myself curious about the characters I was playing/using in the Heroclix TTG. I began looking to comics for answers. One of my favorite game pieces was a chase piece from the Gaurdians of Galactus set named Thanos. I was somewhat familiar with him from the Infinity Gauntlet tournaments from last year, but again... I wanted to know more about the big purple Thanos of Titan. I went to a local comic book store and browsed through the Marvel section trying to find something on Thanos. I found a few series here and there but they were well into their storylines (and if I read a storyline I HAVE to start at the begining, lol). I noticed a small cardboard display on the counter for Thanos Rising and the comic book for sale was #1. I picked up and thumbed through it. I quickly realized the story was about how Thanos came to be. Perfect! I took it to work with me and by the end of first break I had it read and awaiting the next issue.

So far... I've read the first 3 issues and eagerly waiting for the remainder of the series (as well as Infinty starting up in August)

The storyline so far has answered alot of questions for me and well... earned him ALOT more of my respect.

For those that haven't read them I won't reveal the storyline but... For the things he's dealt with, and done... He's become one of my favorite villans, if not my all-time favorite villan that Marvel has unleashed onto the universe.

Unholy Lunatic

12,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
i get the title put into my comic file at my local comic store as well ... haven't sat down to read #3 yet but i will probably read it tomorrow after work
I've read the first three too, still waiting on number 4 to be published I think.I don't get to visit my comic book store often but I stock up when I do go. I'm reading a lot of the new Marvel stuff but Thanos Rising is certainly one of the best titles out there at the moment. I'm a bit sad it's only a 5 part mini-run but the quality of story and art more than makes up for that. I'm looking forward to Infinity in August too. The Thanos Rising comic is the first thing I've read to feature Thanos, I didn't know much about him until that point but he's becoming one of my favourite Marvel characters too recently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff