Welcome to Gaia! ::

Common topic many argue about. Opinion: Superman all the way.
I agree, Superman all the way, but...was this topic necessary? gonk
plenty people I know still argue to great lengths over this. It's a topic almost everyone can put their 2 cents in.
krismonster16
plenty people I know still argue to great lengths over this. It's a topic almost everyone can put their 2 cents in.

On one hand, it should be obvious to anyone with an unbiased and objective brain that Superman would wipe the floor with Batman. Batman has never defeated Superman in a canonical fight. Ever.

On the other hand, there was already a thread for this somewhere where it's been discussed pretty thoroughly.
Yeah evem if they tried to use the kryponite ring batman has....superman can defeat him from miles away with his lazer eyes

5,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Superman vs Batman. Oh boy.
Wellp, i read a lot of Batman and a Lot of Superman. I really like both series alot.
Anyways, Superman Beated Batman in Superman : Red Son. And thats Canonical,though its an alternate universe(Red Son´s Superman and his Final Crisis Cameo was pretty cool),so i dont know if it counts. In the Main universe,Batman kind of Stop Superman in Batman Hush,but he didnt win, he just stop him from being mentally controlled.
iLinkeh
Wellp, i read a lot of Batman and a Lot of Superman. I really like both series alot.
Anyways, Superman Beated Batman in Superman : Red Son. And thats Canonical,though its an alternate universe(Red Son´s Superman and his Final Crisis Cameo was pretty cool),so i dont know if it counts. In the Main universe,Batman kind of Stop Superman in Batman Hush,but he didnt win, he just stop him from being mentally controlled.

1. Superman: Red Son is not canonical, because it's an alternate universe. It's canonical of it's in the main universe, the primary DC world.

2. Batman has never defeated Superman in a canonical fight. Ever. Ever.

3. I really don't think it makes much sense for Superman to trust Batman with the task of stopping him if he ever became a threat to the world. Superman could find much more capable people. Like Doctor Fate, for instance. Or Martian Manhunter. Captain Marvel (I refuse to call him Shazam just because DC lost their balls when it came to that character). Hell, let's be honest: unless you have Doctor Fate taking him on, it'd probably have to be a team effort.

5,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Captain Talavar
iLinkeh

1. Superman: Red Son is not canonical, because it's an alternate universe. It's canonical of it's in the main universe, the primary DC world.

3. I really don't think it makes much sense for Superman to trust Batman with the task of stopping him if he ever became a threat to the world. Superman could find much more capable people. Like Doctor Fate, for instance. Or Martian Manhunter. Captain Marvel (I refuse to call him Shazam just because DC lost their balls when it came to that character). Hell, let's be honest: unless you have Doctor Fate taking him on, it'd probably have to be a team effort.

Hmmm, I thought Alternate universes did count as canonical,specially because characters from the main universe travel to this universes and some times they all get Mixed up. Like when all the Supermans from all the universes join the Fight in Final Crisis. And yes,it would proabally take a whole team to Stop Superman, but with Batman´s Plans they can pretty much take god down if needed to. Thats the thing about Batman, he can do what ever he wants if he has weeks or even months of preparation. Though,when he is confronted with Unexpected encounters,he gets his a** handed to him (Knightfall is a fine example of this.). Also,i think Superman´s IQ is way higher than Batman´s. So even with Months of preparation,it would take a whole team to take him down.
iLinkeh
Captain Talavar
iLinkeh

Hmmm, I thought Alternate universes did count as canonical,specially because characters from the main universe travel to this universes and some times they all get Mixed up. Like when all the Supermans from all the universes join the Fight in Final Crisis. And yes,it would proabally take a whole team to Stop Superman, but with Batman´s Plans they can pretty much take god down if needed to. Thats the thing about Batman, he can do what ever he wants if he has weeks or even months of preparation. Though,when he is confronted with Unexpected encounters,he gets his a** handed to him (Knightfall is a fine example of this.). Also,i think Superman´s IQ is way higher than Batman´s. So even with Months of preparation,it would take a whole team to take him down.

1. No, alternate universe are not canonical. The whole point of canon and non-canon is that it's non-canon when it's in an alternate universe. It's only canon when it's in the primary universe. There are crossovers between worlds sometimes but that's irrelevant. The alternate versions are not the same as the primary versions.

2. Batman can not take down God. "He's Batman" is not a superpower and he is not capable of anything just because "he's Batman". In The Dark Knight Returns (which is non-canon for the record so it's not as relevant as I'd like it to be) Batman had years of preparation to take down Superman, who had been weakened after getting nuked, and who was holding back. Batman was using a suit that was drawing energy from the whole city, and he also had Green Arrow to aid him with a kryptonite arrow. And Batman still did not win that fight. This idea of "he can do anything with prep time" is bullshit, and it just goes to show that when that idea is taken seriously, Batman is far, far more overpowered than Superman.

5,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Captain Talavar
iLinkeh
Captain Talavar
iLinkeh

1. No, alternate universe are not canonical. The whole point of canon and non-canon is that it's non-canon when it's in an alternate universe. It's only canon when it's in the primary universe. There are crossovers between worlds sometimes but that's irrelevant. The alternate versions are not the same as the primary versions.

2. Batman can not take down God. "He's Batman" is not a superpower and he is not capable of anything just because "he's Batman". In The Dark Knight Returns (which is non-canon for the record so it's not as relevant as I'd like it to be) Batman had years of preparation to take down Superman, who had been weakened after getting nuked, and who was holding back. Batman was using a suit that was drawing energy from the whole city, and he also had Green Arrow to aid him with a kryptonite arrow. And Batman still did not win that fight. This idea of "he can do anything with prep time" is bullshit, and it just goes to show that when that idea is taken seriously, Batman is far, far more overpowered than Superman.

Hmmm,i see your point and agree with it. If being "human" is what makes batman Special,then Green arrow is more special than batman(after he went broke,lol) because he doesnt rely in his props as much as Batman.
Still...Batman is probally in my top 3 super heros, his storys are great and filled with passion. And so are Superman´s storys. They´re both great and the best you can get when it comes on going(and never ending) Comic books.
Superman definitely wins in a fight, but I prefer Batman comics; the characters are just so awesome.

Dangerous Visionary

Sailor Saturn

/Thread

neutral

Why is this even a thing? Seriously, an solar power alien taking on a MAN in a bat suit. Oh gez yes let's all cheer for crazy rich dude in the bat costume.

Magical Warrior

I'm surprised how rational everyone is being in this topic. I expected some batfans to immediately jump in and say Batman pwns Superman. Which is silly, frankly.

Superman did beat Goku after all.

Invisible Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Superman would always win, yes. Though I think Dark Knight Returns is a perfect example of why Batman could and probably WOULD win the fight.

Clark wouldn't want to fight Bruce. Even if he had to, it would be hard for him to do so. With all the power in the universe he could and would take Batz down in a nanosecond. Breathing in his general direction would be enough to win.

But only Bruce has the determination to fight a friend without any hesitation or anything held back.

Soldier

Enough said.... here is thy answer... Click

Batman always carries Kryptonite in a lead case on his belt.

Also all your points of Superman beating Batman in comics are invalid because simply stated there has never been a clear winner in all of the superhero vs superhero fights. The writers and artist always had it come out to a standstill and let us the readers decide. This fact comes from Stan Lee himself as said on his appearance on The Comic Book Men.

Its also not a fair fight because your throwing a man who is yes highly skilled and has gadgets (who can twist his ankle trip and snap his neck in a horrible accident) against a person with almost unstoppable superpowers. At least be fair and make it an even playing field.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff