Welcome to Gaia! ::

I doubt it will be clones. Kaine is keeping his series and Ben is not a character likely to come back.

The idea of a gritty Spider-man...um, isn't that why we have Kaine?
Looking at Linkara's video of One More Day, I can only see this being a good thing.
iSaibot
Looking at Linkara's video of One More Day, I can only see this being a good thing.

Hey now, that was a little while ago. Dan Slott has done great by Spidey since he took over, I think. Sure, it came about as a result of a crap story like One More Day but still.
Captain Talavar
iSaibot

Hey now, that was a little while ago. Dan Slott has done great by Spidey since he took over, I think. Sure, it came about as a result of a crap story like One More Day but still.

It's not the story, but rather Linkara's rant on how the writers can't write Peter Parker for s**t.
iSaibot
Captain Talavar
iSaibot

It's not the story, but rather Linkara's rant on how the writers can't write Peter Parker for s**t.

I've noticed that sort of problem all over superheroes, not just with him. The secret identities are shoved out of the way constantly. I'd love a comic all about The Daily Planet, sort of like Gotham Central for the Superman family, but it'd never happen because DC doesn't like Superman very much.

But I digress. I know the Peter Parker character has been a problem for some writers, but I still think Dan Slott has done great by Spidey, in and out of costume.
Captain Talavar

I've noticed that sort of problem all over superheroes, not just with him. The secret identities are shoved out of the way constantly. I'd love a comic all about The Daily Planet, sort of like Gotham Central for the Superman family, but it'd never happen because DC doesn't like Superman very much.

But I digress. I know the Peter Parker character has been a problem for some writers, but I still think Dan Slott has done great by Spidey, in and out of costume.

For some reason, I couldn't come up with it before. But, I just did: I meant that people seem to be incapable of writing for Peter Parker outside of that high school atmosphere of him living with his aunt, not having money or a girl and just having to juggle Spider-Man with his real life. I mean, I definitely enjoyed the stories following One More Day, but I quickly gave up after I realized that there's just no point no more.

Liberal Elocutionist

I refuse to knock it before I try it.
I picked up Ultimate Spider-Man not too long ago and I absolutely adore Miles Morales even more than Peter Parker.
Whose to say we won't get another gem in the Spidey Corps?
Renkon Root

I miss Miguel O'Hara. Why can't they relaunch Spiderman 2099?

Check out Exiles. Miguel got sent to another dimension, and now he lives with his beautiful wife in the beach side restaurant they own.

Salty Codger

15,150 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
deadguy
Renkon Root
Check out Exiles. Miguel got sent to another dimension, and now he lives with his beautiful wife in the beach side restaurant they own.

Are the crazy Thor Cult guys still running around and do they have flying cars and say "Shock!" as a colloquialism?
Renkon Root
deadguy
Renkon Root

Are the crazy Thor Cult guys still running around and do they have flying cars and say "Shock!" as a colloquialism?
They weren't in Exiles, but then they were inly in 2099verse for 2 or 3 issues.

Salty Codger

15,150 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
deadguy
they were inly in 2099verse for 2 or 3 issues.

No, they continued to pop-up every so often to rant and preach. They never really did anything IMPORTANT, but they were there -more as background than anything else. I think that's what I really liked about Spiderman 2099, the setting. Miguel was cool and I liked his home-system AI. But my favorite part about the comic was always everything else that was going on around him. Nueva York, an upper city and a lower city, how slang and colloquialisms had changed (example, use of word "SHOCK!" in place of "HOLY s**t MOTHER ********!" ), and how the "Marvel Age" cast lasting effects on society even a millennium later (like the Cult of Thor). That was what I really liked about the comics. I liked the characters too. But if you just take the characters and place them in a different setting, I don't think I'd like it quite as much.
Renkon Root
deadguy
they were inly in 2099verse for 2 or 3 issues.

No, they continued to pop-up every so often to rant and preach. They never really did anything IMPORTANT, but they were there -more as background than anything else. I think that's what I really liked about Spiderman 2099, the setting. Miguel was cool and I liked his home-system AI. But my favorite part about the comic was always everything else that was going on around him. Nueva York, an upper city and a lower city, how slang and colloquialisms had changed (example, use of word "SHOCK!" in place of "HOLY s**t MOTHER ********!" ), and how the "Marvel Age" cast lasting effects on society even a millennium later (like the Cult of Thor). That was what I really liked about the comics. I liked the characters too. But if you just take the characters and place them in a different setting, I don't think I'd like it quite as much.

No, I meant the Exiles. That's the only contact I have with Miguel or his world, through them.

Salty Codger

15,150 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
deadguy
No, I meant the Exiles. That's the only contact I have with Miguel or his world, through them.

Ooooooh..... Sorry. I misunderstood.
Renkon Root
deadguy

Ooooooh..... Sorry. I misunderstood.
No, no, looking back, I was horribly unclear.
All the info is here Thwip!

I started a thread on the main anime/manga/comics forum. Glad to see I'm not the only one intrested in this.

Also got to say I hope it doesn't turn out to be Otto

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games