Welcome to Gaia! ::

reader count

+1 1 100.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin
This movie's going to fail, it's pretty obvious that they're rushing this movie because of the success of the Avengers. If they don't establish an emotional connection to these charachters first no one's going to care.

I have had over 20 years of emotional connections with most of the members of JLA. I care about Clark, Bruce, Diana, Wally, and at times Hal (thank Bruce Timm for that) So again just bring it on and let's see what happens. Yeah I know the muggles/mainstream non-comic book fans may find it jarring but whatever. Bout time we just had a movie for comic book fans.
There have been plenty of good movies for comic book fans, Avengers being the best, and I just don't think the JLA movie will be able to live up to it. But of course as a huge comic book fan I'll go see it, you seem like a pretty big comic book nerd so I'm sure you'll see it. And I'm not saying it won't be a great movie, I'm just saying I can't see it being as successful as they want it to be. Marvel did it right, DC needs to follow suite or get left behind.

Dangerous Visionary

Capzaicin
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin
This movie's going to fail, it's pretty obvious that they're rushing this movie because of the success of the Avengers. If they don't establish an emotional connection to these charachters first no one's going to care.

I have had over 20 years of emotional connections with most of the members of JLA. I care about Clark, Bruce, Diana, Wally, and at times Hal (thank Bruce Timm for that) So again just bring it on and let's see what happens. Yeah I know the muggles/mainstream non-comic book fans may find it jarring but whatever. Bout time we just had a movie for comic book fans.
There have been plenty of good movies for comic book fans, Avengers being the best, and I just don't think the JLA movie will be able to live up to it. But of course as a huge comic book fan I'll go see it, you seem like a pretty big comic book nerd so I'm sure you'll see it. And I'm not saying it won't be a great movie, I'm just saying I can't see it being as successful as they want it to be. Marvel did it right, DC needs to follow suite or get left behind.

Sure Avengers was a good movie for both fans and non fans but I'm saying its always a nice little nod when we have movies just for the fans and the producers, don't really worry too much about the mainstream (non-fan_ audiences. Which is why I think it would be better if DC just did JLA first. Instead of following Marvel's pattern.
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin

Sure Avengers was a good movie for both fans and non fans but I'm saying its always a nice little nod when we have movies just for the fans and the producers, don't really worry too much about the mainstream (non-fan_ audiences. Which is why I think it would be better if DC just did JLA first. Instead of following Marvel's pattern.
I see waht you mean and I agree completely, but at the same time that's not what they're looking to to. They want the huge blockbuster movie that casual and hardcore fans alike will go see. They want to bank on the success of Avengers.

Dangerous Visionary

Capzaicin
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin

I see waht you mean and I agree completely, but at the same time that's not what they're looking to to. They want the huge blockbuster movie that casual and hardcore fans alike will go see. They want to bank on the success of Avengers.

Sadly I think you may be right which kind of sucks. I mean not to start the whole DC Vs Marvel but I do think people recognize more DC characters than Marvel. (Mainstream wise)
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin

Sadly I think you may be right which kind of sucks. I mean not to start the whole DC Vs Marvel but I do think people recognize more DC characters than Marvel. (Mainstream wise)
Oh absolutely, people recognize Superman Batman and Wonder Woman more than Thor Iron Man and Captain America, and this coming from a Marvel fanboy. I just hope they do this movie right, or else it'll really suck.

Dangerous Visionary

Capzaicin
Oh absolutely, people recognize Superman Batman and Wonder Woman more than Thor Iron Man and Captain America, and this coming from a Marvel fanboy. I just hope they do this movie right, or else it'll really suck.

Same here. Which is why I just prefer the animated adventures when it comes to my superheroes. emo
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin

Same here. Which is why I just prefer the animated adventures when it comes to my superheroes. emo
lol, yeah some of my best memories are of Batman Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited, those were some of my favorite shows.

Dangerous Visionary

Capzaicin
Miss-dark8607
Capzaicin

lol, yeah some of my best memories are of Batman Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited, those were some of my favorite shows.

Yeah and it just to me the whole comics to animation meshes well together. I mean it can seriously be panel for panel at times. Plus its a similar process. I just wish they could go beyond PG-13. Would be nice to see some of the more mature titles animated rather than live action. Like I probably would have gave Sin City a chance in that format and especially Walking Dead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff