+1 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Destitute Millionaire

13,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
I don't think they could jump right in with a Justice League movie. Sure, people know Superman. People know Batman. But you start throwing in any of the other leaguers, and people are just going to be confused. We need a few movies to set things up.

I wonder if we'll get any tease regarding the JL movie in the upcoming Superman flick.

Dangerous Visionary

The Iron Magus
I don't think they could jump right in with a Justice League movie. Sure, people know Superman. People know Batman. But you start throwing in any of the other leaguers, and people are just going to be confused. We need a few movies to set things up.

I wonder if we'll get any tease regarding the JL movie in the upcoming Superman flick.

People who go to these movies at the very least know OF these heroes though. It's kind of hard not too since they have been in our culture for over 70 years now. If you don't know who Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter is then either you don't like comic book characters or you live under a rock. I don't think we really need too many movies to set up personally. I still totally think that the Avengers would have worked even without all the previous movies. Just like X-men.

Dapper Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
I could actually see Batman being used in a Nick Fury type way as the one who ties some of the movies together and he is the one who brings the League together.

Destitute Millionaire

13,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Miss-dark8607
The Iron Magus

People who go to these movies at the very least know OF these heroes though. It's kind of hard not too since they have been in our culture for over 70 years now. If you don't know who Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter is then either you don't like comic book characters or you live under a rock. I don't think we really need too many movies to set up personally. I still totally think that the Avengers would have worked even without all the previous movies. Just like X-men.

Maybe...

I don't know. Hard for me to take an outsider's perspective on all this, you know? I will say this, I don't think the Avengers move would have worked as well without at least some of the setup movies.

Dangerous Visionary

The Iron Magus
Miss-dark8607
The Iron Magus

Maybe...

I don't know. Hard for me to take an outsider's perspective on all this, you know? I will say this, I don't think the Avengers move would have worked as well without at least some of the setup movies.

Oh trust me my uncle and well most of the elders in my family have no real clue who these characters are but will just watch the movies anyways for the action. Well yeah the Avengers did do flipping well thanks to the success of Iron Man, Thor, and Cap. A good trinity will do that. emotion_awesome Would be nice if DC had the time to do a WW movie but I don't see it ever happening before I'm 30. stare

Swashbuckling Gawker

The Iron Magus
Miss-dark8607
The Iron Magus

Maybe...

If they had made an Avengers movie without the character movies, it probably would not have done as well as a JLA could without character movies (unless the JLA production just messed up pretty bad). It is true that the names in the JLA have over time been more iconic and recognized in pop culture than the members of the Avengers.

That said, with everything the Marvel franchise has done, going straight to a Justice League movie seems silly and trying to be "different" for no other reason than a DC vs. Marvel feud. Marvel showed everyone how to do it; if DC doesn't attempt the same, I don't see how a Justice League movie will work. Superman is the first shot DC has at making some sort of tie-in, but I highly doubt they will.

Marvel figured out that it's not just "ooh we know who these characters are" in a pop culture sense, but also the consistent emotional attachment that has been developed over time between viewers and these characters. That is why I think the Justice League movie is jumping the gun. They don't have that with anyone but Batman, and the Batman franchise is a standalone. It's unlikely a JLA movie at this point will garner the respect of viewers, or as many of their monies.
Miss-dark8607
The Iron Magus

Well... to be honest I didn't even see any of the movies and I still enjoyed it.
If you're releasing the movie in the summer most people will just be watching it for the action.

Dangerous Visionary

ItsThatAsianBoy
Miss-dark8607
The Iron Magus

Well... to be honest I didn't even see any of the movies and I still enjoyed it.
If you're releasing the movie in the summer most people will just be watching it for the action.

TBH I think that's the main reason MOST people who aren't fans go to see these movies for the scifi action.
For a JL movie I'd like to see well known characters as well as a few that aren't as well known.
My list:
-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-Vixen
-Blue Devil
-Zatanna
-Snapper Carr
-Karate Kid (He's originally from Legion of SH.)

Dangerous Visionary

taurus_boy
For a JL movie I'd like to see well known characters as well as a few that aren't as well known.
My list:
-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-Vixen
-Blue Devil
-Zatanna
-Snapper Carr
-Karate Kid (He's originally from Legion of SH.)

Gotta have the Flash tho and I do think they will add Aquaman since they are trying to change his image. (Robot Chicken hasn't helped) LOL.

Dangerous Prophet

Really? I hope it comes out. And I like the idea of them doing what Marvel did but in reverse, do the big 'all-together' movie first and then branch out into individual/solo movies after that have connections to each other/cameos. I think that'd be interesting.

Also yes I don't want Christian Bale as Batman again, or a Nolan-verse Batman period. I view those as their own sort of reality and don't want it clashing into the other.

..I just had a worrying thought though. What if this supposed Justice League is based on the new 52? I think I might cry.

But besides that, I would love to see something like with the cast of the cartoon? Because I honestly enjoyed the Justice League cartoon. It'd be neat if they could make a movie/series of movies based on the Batman Animated Series as well, as that was also very enjoyable. (Not to mention had the best Catwoman and included Ivy and Harley).

I'd like to see in the supposed Justice League Movie;

Flash (Wally, not Barry)
Aquaman
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Hawk Girl
Hawkman
Green Arrow
Vixen
Green Lantern (Hal? But I haven't read/seen Guy at all so maybe just throw them all in or have brief appearances? Don't know much about Kyle either but John was in the whole cartoon series at least)
Zatanna and her father (Zatara?) (I also loved the woman who played her in Smallville, she was practically perfect for the role)

Dapper Conversationalist

Miss-dark8607
Gotta have the Flash tho and I do think they will add Aquaman since they are trying to change his image. (Robot Chicken hasn't helped) LOL.

They've been trying to change Aquaman's image for decades.
Justice League movie sounds awesome! Unfortunately not a lot of hope that it's going to happen. I have a feeling it'll be put off and we'll see Wonder Woman.

What I would love to see in the movie, character wise (or in a live action move in general):

Superman (Even though he is my least favorite comic book character...ever..)
Wonder Woman
John Stewart (He's the black green lantern right? I could never remember his name besides it's been a long time. On top of that I was never really a fan of Green Lantern in the first place...)
Huntress
Black Canary
Zatanna
Martian Manhunter
Batman (Yes he has already been in many movies like Superman. I'm always looking forward to a fantastic Batman. It's not like the other Batman in the past were bad I just felt like he wasn't him completely.)

Let's shove Nightwing in there too! (Another thing I'm curious about as to how they would portray him. Could be a cameo (Is that the right word?) appearance~)

No specific actors or actresses for portrayal I just hope we get good ones along with a good directors and writers. (If not we're going to end up with Catwoman. Remember who directed that one? It was Pitof (no last name..seriously) )

Dangerous Visionary

Shaish
Really? I hope it comes out. And I like the idea of them doing what Marvel did but in reverse, do the big 'all-together' movie first and then branch out into individual/solo movies after that have connections to each other/cameos. I think that'd be interesting.

Also yes I don't want Christian Bale as Batman again, or a Nolan-verse Batman period. I view those as their own sort of reality and don't want it clashing into the other.

..I just had a worrying thought though. What if this supposed Justice League is based on the new 52? I think I might cry.

But besides that, I would love to see something like with the cast of the cartoon? Because I honestly enjoyed the Justice League cartoon. It'd be neat if they could make a movie/series of movies based on the Batman Animated Series as well, as that was also very enjoyable. (Not to mention had the best Catwoman and included Ivy and Harley).

I'd like to see in the supposed Justice League Movie;

Flash (Wally, not Barry)
Aquaman
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Hawk Girl
Hawkman
Green Arrow
Vixen
Green Lantern (Hal? But I haven't read/seen Guy at all so maybe just throw them all in or have brief appearances? Don't know much about Kyle either but John was in the whole cartoon series at least)
Zatanna and her father (Zatara?) (I also loved the woman who played her in Smallville, she was practically perfect for the role)

OMG if they base it off the new 52 I think I will kick a basket of puppies. gonk However, due to the collective wisdom leading DC atm.... FUUUUU I think your post has giving me the most chilling set of emotions to date. Good line up of heroes though. Though I rather Kyle as GL since doesn't really seem like Hal is that popular plus currently he's kind of overused with the tv series and comics.

Dangerous Visionary

Masiakasaurus
Miss-dark8607

They've been trying to change Aquaman's image for decades.

True, very true. Poor Aquaman. I swear he is one of the worst mis-handled characters in all of comics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff