Welcome to Gaia! ::

reader count

+1 1 100.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Dangerous Visionary

Well Variety and other places are saying as much

About time kind of hope they just do this and then branch out into solo movies. I have no time and patience for waiting till like 2020 for this film. Plus, I think the era of summer superhero movies is kind of dying with the mainstream. Like sure they still make money but I just feel that people aren't as hyped as they used to be. Maybe it just my area

Anyway yeah what story-lines do you hope they pull from? Dream cast/crew? Other?

I just hope they pick an actress who can act for Wonder Woman (and any other female) and don't go for looks. Also kind like when the Martin Manhunter is played by a Black guy. I hope Christian Bale isn't Batman though. I want someone different and yeah hope they dont' do the whole Tower of Babel story line. (Seen it already)

2013 and beyond is looking pretty good.
This is still incredibly early in the process. It could easily get stuck in development hell. We'll wait and see.

Dangerous Visionary

Kyoujin Tsuru
This is still incredibly early in the process. It could easily get stuck in development hell. We'll wait and see.

True but I doubt they will run into problems. They want their slice of the billions in profit as well and a JLA movie will pretty much rake in much needed funding for both WB/DC.

TBH I am more excited about Man of Steel and Sailor Moon both coming in the summer of 2013. emotion_yatta Though I would be lying if I said I didn't want a JLA movie so that it can lead to a Wonder Woman movie. emotion_dowant
Nolan states yet again that he's not going to be involved.

The WB is doing alright monetarily. Again. Don't get too excited by the rumors.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm not holding my breath... they still haven't done a World's Finest movie... I think Justice League is a ways off... It's been talked about for years and never happened. stare
I would rather see a Wonderwoman movie and maybe a Flash movie before i see a Justice leauge movie. But i am all for it.
Cassandra Sandsmark
I'm not holding my breath... they still haven't done a World's Finest movie... I think Justice League is a ways off... It's been talked about for years and never happened. stare
Warner Brothers just can't seem to get it together, for this. It definitely looked like they were trying to set something up with the GL movie, but that flick really didn't do that well. Oh course, that's kinda because it wasn't really that great.

Shy Dark Elf

I'd love to see a well done Justice League movie.
Would be nice to get a few other movies out for the main JLAers first though.

I don't really have a dream cast/crew, but I'd like to see Zatanna be included in it.
And I have to agree, I hope they get actresses that can actually act for the female characters.

And as far as the hype for superhero movies?
I suppose it's died down a bit, but from what I've noticed for any and all of the nerds/geeks around here, we're all ADFGIHAFKNGADOFGHJNLADFG everytime a comic book related movie comes out.
I've gone to the theaters for just about every DC/Marvel hero movie in the last 10 years.
o 3 o

Dangerous Visionary

Cassandra Sandsmark

True very true. I just think that because of the Avengers it may actually happen this time. Big business politics and all. I'm still disappointing though could had both movies go head to head this summer ya know? Everyone would had got a kick at of it cause they even marketed as such. JLA VS Avengers which one will you see? Totally missed opportunity. emo

Dangerous Visionary

DeanHavoc
I would rather see a Wonderwoman movie and maybe a Flash movie before i see a Justice leauge movie. But i am all for it.

I rather Wonder Woman and Aquaman myself.

Dangerous Visionary

Kyoujin Tsuru
Cassandra Sandsmark
Warner Brothers just can't seem to get it together, for this. It definitely looked like they were trying to set something up with the GL movie, but that flick really didn't do that well. Oh course, that's kinda because it wasn't really that great.

All true. Wrong casting I could not take Ryan seriously at all. Also yeah again not that big of a Green Lantern fan. The only enjoyment I got out of the movie was all the reviewers hatin it because they used Hal Jordon instead of James Steward. (Or people thinking that Green Lantern was Black and that this was another race bending thing) xd

Dangerous Visionary

blood_raiin
I'd love to see a well done Justice League movie.
Would be nice to get a few other movies out for the main JLAers first though.

I don't really have a dream cast/crew, but I'd like to see Zatanna be included in it.
And I have to agree, I hope they get actresses that can actually act for the female characters.

And as far as the hype for superhero movies?
I suppose it's died down a bit, but from what I've noticed for any and all of the nerds/geeks around here, we're all ADFGIHAFKNGADOFGHJNLADFG everytime a comic book related movie comes out.
I've gone to the theaters for just about every DC/Marvel hero movie in the last 10 years.
o 3 o

Nah I rather they didn't do it like Marvel and just do the team movie then do solo movies. That's what I hated most about all the build up to the Avengers and while yes I still haven't gone to see it. Because I'm kind of burnt out now Don't really want to wait till 2020 for a JLA movie when they can just do it now while people are having this discussion. I kind of stopped going to the movies due to a lot of reason. Mostly because my uncle has pretty sweet home theater system and 10-20 bucks for one movie is just yeah not worth it these days. Might as well just Redbox it in six-nine months.
Miss-dark8607
Kyoujin Tsuru
Cassandra Sandsmark

All true. Wrong casting I could not take Ryan seriously at all. Also yeah again not that big of a Green Lantern fan. The only enjoyment I got out of the movie was all the reviewers hatin it because they used Hal Jordon instead of James Steward. (Or people thinking that Green Lantern was Black and that this was another race bending thing) xd
I like Ryan Reynolds. I'm cool with him playing Hal Jordan. I just don't like Hal Jordan. He's boring as a character. There were parts of the movie that worked, but the whole think with hector Hammond and him, Hal, and Carol supposedly old friends and stuff just didn't work. And their was way to much of the Geoff Johns influence. OK, I get that we're stuck with Parallax now being a big, yellow bug so nothing was Hal's fault. Its horrendously stupid, but that's how it is now. Did they really have to inject that stupidity into the film?

Dangerous Visionary

Kyoujin Tsuru
Miss-dark8607
Kyoujin Tsuru
Cassandra Sandsmark

I like Ryan Reynolds. I'm cool with him playing Hal Jordan. I just don't like Hal Jordan. He's boring as a character. There were parts of the movie that worked, but the whole think with hector Hammond and him, Hal, and Carol supposedly old friends and stuff just didn't work. And their was way to much of the Geoff Johns influence. OK, I get that we're stuck with Parallax now being a big, yellow bug so nothing was Hal's fault. Its horrendously stupid, but that's how it is now. Did they really have to inject that stupidity into the film?

Yeah I didn't get any of that at all since I'm still a newbie with the GL story. I just didn't really the casting at all. I did like how awesome the Guardians looked though. Mark Strong was good too I guess heck I kind of wish he had been GL but yeah the story was just lame to me and Hal is a boring character. Even Bruce Timm can't really make me like him! I have however found Kilowog to be pretty cool.
Miss-dark8607

Yeah I didn't get any of that at all since I'm still a newbie with the GL story. I just didn't really the casting at all. I did like how awesome the Guardians looked though. Mark Strong was good too I guess heck I kind of wish he had been GL but yeah the story was just lame to me and Hal is a boring character. Even Bruce Timm can't really make me like him! I have however found Kilowog to be pretty cool.

Well yeah, he's Kilowog. Everyone loves Kilowog. Hal Jordan was only brought back due to stupid fanboyism. They explored a really brilliant route in character development with him and then decided to scrap that, wash his slate clean, and now he's a dull, unlikable guy with an interesting job.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff