Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know jack s**t. I'm looking for a decent origin story comic, aside from Marvel Masterworks. Whenever I look up where to start with Hulk, I get Plant Hulk or World War Hulks. I did see somebody mention in a forum a good new Hulk series about 9 months ago, but they didn't mention a name.

So... help? I'm really confused. >_<
Maybe try Hulk: Gray by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale? I know Loeb's name on a comic has been uh...worrisome these days, but trust me, this one is great. If you don't hear "The Lonely Man" in your head while you read that, you have no heart.

(As in, the theme from the TV show. ninja )
Captain Talavar
Maybe try Hulk: Gray by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale? I know Loeb's name on a comic has been uh...worrisome these days, but trust me, this one is great. If you don't hear "The Lonely Man" in your head while you read that, you have no heart.

(As in, the theme from the TV show. ninja )
Thanks for the recommendation. Wow, I'm listening to this song and while I watched, I dunno, ten episodes of the show or something, I don't recall it at all.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I wouldn't start with Planet Hulk or World War Hulk. There's so much backstory on them that you'd be lost. They're amazing pieces of writing and visually great, but not a place to start.

I think I may have been the one who mentioned a new Hulk series 9 months ago. It basically takes place after Fear Itself. Hulk goes into hiding, but is sought after by the US Government and Banner. Yes, Bruce Banner is seeking the Hulk. When you find out why, it'll blow your mind!

Basically this Hulk is very similar to World War Hulk, he's intelligent, knows exactly what he's doing and is a moral man living with the Mole People. Banner, has lost it. He's insane and mad, wanting to be with the Hulk once more.
Indestructible Hulk #1 comes out Wednesday it will make a good jump on point for new readers.
Preston886
I wouldn't start with Planet Hulk or World War Hulk. There's so much backstory on them that you'd be lost. They're amazing pieces of writing and visually great, but not a place to start.

I think I may have been the one who mentioned a new Hulk series 9 months ago. It basically takes place after Fear Itself. Hulk goes into hiding, but is sought after by the US Government and Banner. Yes, Bruce Banner is seeking the Hulk. When you find out why, it'll blow your mind!

Basically this Hulk is very similar to World War Hulk, he's intelligent, knows exactly what he's doing and is a moral man living with the Mole People. Banner, has lost it. He's insane and mad, wanting to be with the Hulk once more.
I may require some lead up to that story. I love Bruce Banner.

I have read both Masterworks trade paperbacks. I'm waiting on 3, 'cause the hardcovers would set me back $50 each. I just don't... think I can wrap my brain around going from that Hulk to such an intelligent Hulk. Know what I mean? Is there something that would bridge the gap a bit?
Kurokashi-san
Indestructible Hulk #1 comes out Wednesday it will make a good jump on point for new readers.
Woah, Hulk as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent? Hey, if it's new, I can give it a shot.
Psychomech
Kurokashi-san
Woah, Hulk as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent? Hey, if it's new, I can give it a shot.

Here is a few preview pages.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4653&page=34
Sweet! Thanks. Might give it a shot.
World war hulk is a great series I started read hulk when they started the new Incredible Hulk series and thought that was great

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The stuff after Red Hulk showed up and "stole" the Hulk or whatever from Banner is kinda fun, I really loved the interactions between Bruce Banner and Skaar
As has been said, the recent Indestructible Hulk #1 is the 'right answer' to where to start with Hulk comics right now.

To my mild amazement though, Jeff Parker's Red She-Hulk seems to be my favourite of all the Marvel NOW! books. That started in Red She-Hulk #58.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Teatime Brutality
As has been said, the recent Indestructible Hulk #1 is the 'right answer' to where to start with Hulk comics right now.

To my mild amazement though, Jeff Parker's Red She-Hulk seems to be my favourite of all the Marvel NOW! books. That started in Red She-Hulk #58.

I second the Red She Hulk Recommendation; it's interesting so far and I think Jeff Parker did a great job with her dad, so I trust him
Maki_P

I second the Red She Hulk Recommendation; it's interesting so far and I think Jeff Parker did a great job with her dad, so I trust him

Yeah, I always heard great things about his Red Bloke Hulk run, and while I believed them because I've enjoyed just about all the Parker I've read, I never got round to reading it because...well, because I don't like Red Hulk. Seemed reasonable.

But if it's anything like as much fun as Red She-Hulk is then I'm going to have to go back and give it a look. But then I want to go back and read Parker's Thunderbolts some day too.

There are too many interesting comics in this world.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff