Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Sex Symbol

I think Superman has but wondering which ones have all been reset?
If they have it would be a good time for me to start collecting.

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
What is your question..Flashpoint was the End of the DC universe.

They rebooted everything..

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Drago_the_Blackrose

My question was What had they rebooted.
Now it's answered.
Blink and Youre Dead
Drago_the_Blackrose

Now it's answered.

Not entirely correctly though. (Sorry, Drago! Love you!)

Many characters have retained lots (or all) of their old continuity. I'll do you a list if you like.

But how exactly this works is a bit of a mystery, when characters lives are all mixed up together. We know, for example, that most of Batman's prior history still 'counts' and have been specificity told that Hush is in continuity. But in what sense it can be 'in Continuity' when the was never that Superman, that Oracle, that Huntress, a Catwoman who knew who Bruce was, etc?

Invisible Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Teatime Brutality
Blink and Youre Dead
Drago_the_Blackrose

Now it's answered.

Many characters have retained lots (or all) of their old continuity. I'll do you a list if you like.

But how exactly this works is a bit of a mystery, when characters lives are all mixed up together. We know, for example, that most of Batman's prior history still 'counts' and have been specificity told that Hush is in continuity. But in what sense it can be 'in Continuity' when the was never that Superman, that Oracle, that Huntress, a Catwoman who knew who Bruce was, etc?

you should probably just list complete reboots or ones that dont need much prior knowledge
or at least list that to the side. he seems new. just an idea

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Teatime Brutality
Blink and Youre Dead
Drago_the_Blackrose

Now it's answered.

Yes I was confused about some of what I heard myself. I mean Superman was brought back to basics wasn't he? I started thinking if Batman was not reset to the beginning, does that mean that they have never met or they have met ect.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Another question:

I was wondering in regards to "The New 52", do I have to read ALL of them or only read the ones with the characters I will continue reading afterwards?

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
read the characters you like.

LOL TeaTime.. If you wern't so awesome. LOL
Blink and Youre Dead
I was wondering in regards to "The New 52", do I have to read ALL of them or only read the ones with the characters I will continue reading afterwards?

You will never ever ever have to read all comics.

I have only read Batman, Swamp Thing and, um, something else of the New 52, and I suspect I've enjoyed it a lot more than those who masochistically read the whole lot.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

stalungrad
Blink and Youre Dead

You will never ever ever have to read all comics.

I have only read Batman, Swamp Thing and, um, something else of the New 52, and I suspect I've enjoyed it a lot more than those who masochistically read the whole lot.

I have the old Swamp Things and I will be reading them at some point. Even if I don't enjoy them, then I will still read the rebooted Swamp Thing.

I know that the people who run the Hellblazer comics try to keep John Constantine out of the caped comics and such so they keep a sense of realism to the comics but he isn't affected by the crisises even though he is in the same universe. I am reading Hellblazer from scratch and so far have got to the issues where he is on the run.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff