Welcome to Gaia! ::

JauntyGhost
My mistake, I thought you said Apparently Deadpool is not that great.... from what I heard." Which is, of course, a lie. But yeah you're right about his first "Classic" series.

There is nooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaay in the whole wide world I would ever say Deadpool is not that great lmao XD
Ms. Selina Kyle
TheDarknessArrives
JauntyGhost
TheDarknessArrives
I've been wanting to read the Deadpool Classic books, but I've heard that I should skip Volume 1 and go to Volume 2. Apparently Deadpool is not that great in his first appearances from what I've heard.

LIES!

Its only from what I've heard. Could you tell me more? I love Deadpool alot and still wanna give the first Classic book a shot
Given that the first volumes contains mostly issues written by Fabian Nicieza (uhg, not good), I'm inclined to agree the first volume may very well suck. There's a four issue mini by Mark Waid in there which I know I read but do not remember, and one issue by Joe Kelly (the good stuff). Volume 2 is all Joe Kelly.

So...I'm gong to go ahead and agree. You can skip the first volume and lose nothing.

Whats wrong with Fabian?!?! I own the first two Deadpool&Cable Ultimate Collection books and they've been quite an awesome read! and yeah I heard Joe Kelly is really good. Apparently a lot of people got more excited for the Deadpool movie when Joe Kelly gave his thoughts on what he's seen
TheDarknessArrives
Whats wrong with Fabian?!?! I own the first two Deadpool&Cable Ultimate Collection books and they've been quite an awesome read! and yeah I heard Joe Kelly is really good. Apparently a lot of people got more excited for the Deadpool movie when Joe Kelly gave his thoughts on what he's seen
I find Fabian to be an all around bad writer, and I found Cable&Deadpool to be a pretty terrible book. You will probably get more mileage out of Deadpool Classic Volume 1 than I would then.

Joe Kelly had a great sense of black humor to couple with the physical comedy, his Deadpool was far less stupid that most subsequent versions.
Liefeld is simply angry that Deadpool only became an interesting character after he left the character. His dead pool was a dull character, a rip off of deathstroke with yellow text boxes for some reason.

He could never come up with the completely nuts, completely awesome comic awareness having deadpool we have today. The Deedpool that not only has yellow text boxes but lets everyone know "Hell look at my text boxes they are yellow" as he blows you full of holes.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
TheDarknessArrives
JauntyGhost
My mistake, I thought you said Apparently Deadpool is not that great.... from what I heard." Which is, of course, a lie. But yeah you're right about his first "Classic" series.

There is nooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaay in the whole wide world I would ever say Deadpool is not that great lmao XD

I understand that in his first appearances he was just a bad Deathstroke clone written by Rob Leifeld. Madness, I know; I have nightmares trying to imagine that

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Thorsus
....so layeth yon eyes upon BLOODSTRIKE!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Fans who have fallen away from the moronic depiction of Deadpool that has been presented of late will find Bloodstrike more their liking. This is modern, rogue, mercenary action-adventure." -- Rob Liefeld

X-TREME! Thorsus approves....VERILY!

Discuss:

Smiting the dastardly Deadpool
How X-TREME pouches on the pecs can be
Ripping off a Marvel character that rips off a DC character

That's cute, bobby missed the joke.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I don't think Liefeld hates Deadpool, I think he hates the direction that other writers have taken him.

At his worst he's been written as a 3rd rate villain with no real fighting abilities and more dim witted if anything.

Deadpool is really a smart mouthed, quick thinking, mercenary believe it or not.

He managed to take down a bunch of Super Skrulls on his own, took on Osbourne when he was head of HAMMER and tricked him, managed to get trick Wolverine, X-Force, Daken, and Kingpin into killing himself.

Deadpool knows a thing or two about war. He's good at what he does, unfortunately certain writers never see that.
Hey, at least this new Rob Leifeld character has two shoulderpads instead of one...of course, they're both useless since these pieces of armor are stuck on a muscle-tee.

Seriously, will Leifeld ever not suck?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces