Welcome to Gaia! ::

It looks like a pattern of his displeasure in working at DC. But fine. Next time I see anything Rob Liefeld related that I want to post about in here, I'll make a whole new thread and you can come into that one and ask why I did it.
According to rumor, Scott Snyder and Jim Lee are launching a new Superman book next year called Man of Steel. I seriously hope that's able to get high numbers like Snyder's Batman is.
Kyoujin Tsuru
It looks like a pattern of his displeasure in working at DC. But fine. Next time I see anything Rob Liefeld related that I want to post about in here, I'll make a whole new thread and you can come into that one and ask why I did it.
And once again I'll wonder why people feel some need to take glee in making fun of Rob Liefeld. My point is this just seems like comic fans want yet another excuse to dump on Rob Liefeld for the sake of dumping on Rob Liefeld. You haven't entirely convinced me that what your doing is reporting and not more "Rob Liefeld's art offends me so I'll use whatever excuse I can to mock him."

As for the issue in question, wasn't it one of the zero issues that were supposed to be origins? So while yeah it's a swipe it makes sense he would refer to that one issue of Teen Titans from years ago that was the origin of Deathstroke. Should he have blatantly ripped off several panels from that issue? No but I get why he did it. It's not like the other two zero issues he was involved in did the same thing.

Familiar Phantom

Captain Talavar
According to rumor, Scott Snyder

Oh?

Quote:
and Jim Lee

Oh.

Well, nevermind, then. Carry on.
Wally_West
Captain Talavar

Oh?

Quote:
and Jim Lee

Oh.

I know, right? It wouldn't be bad if DC didn't have such a hard-on for him AND the whole "Jim Lee can't keep up with deadlines worth s**t even though better artists can" thing.

I just wish this whole "I Love The '90s" thing would go away.

Familiar Phantom

Captain Talavar
Wally_West
Captain Talavar

Oh?

Quote:
and Jim Lee

Oh.

I know, right? It wouldn't be bad if DC didn't have such a hard-on for him AND the whole "Jim Lee can't keep up with deadlines worth s**t even though better artists can" thing.

There *was* a lot of stuff to love about comics in the 90's, don't get me wrong.

Just...not the stuff DC seems so intent on forcing their entire line to look exactly like. Rob Liefeld being gone from DC is not going to make DC any less Liefeldian.

Hilarious Lunatic

Wally_West
Captain Talavar
Wally_West
Captain Talavar

Oh?

Quote:
and Jim Lee

Oh.

There *was* a lot of stuff to love about comics in the 90's, don't get me wrong.

ME!!

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Captain Talavar
According to rumor, Scott Snyder and Jim Lee are launching a new Superman book next year called Man of Steel. I seriously hope that's able to get high numbers like Snyder's Batman is.

Hmm....if thats true I may give it a chance despite Jim Lee. Good writer trumps artist I don't like.
Wally_West
Captain Talavar
Wally_West
Captain Talavar

Oh?

Quote:
and Jim Lee

Oh.

Just...not the stuff DC seems so intent on forcing their entire line to look exactly like. Rob Liefeld being gone from DC is not going to make DC any less Liefeldian.

That's what I meant. sweatdrop

Familiar Trickster

I hate to say this but they guy need a lot of work on drawing.
Example this work
http://www.anawfulart.com/captain-america-by-rob-liefeld/
Wally_West
Britt Booth is leaving Teen Titans (is anyone reading that?), so there's a little less Liefeld-Lite in the company. He was offered Red Hood, though I think that'd be a step backward. It's not Rocafort's best art by a long shot, but it's more interesting than the Liefeldian sweep going through DC. It has a sort of throwback feel to the Selecciones Ilustradas.

Only time will tell if this is a general shift away from this sort of bullshit from DC (I doubt it, since DC seems intent on doing everything wrong before they doing something right).
Yeah... stare

Bonus from the comments:

Quote:
Booth on Nightwing has been a looooooong time coming. I remember when Wizard was doing its "Dream Creative Teams" on DC books and Booth was picked as the ideal for the character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff