Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
I wondered a few things regarding Wolverine and his aging. He's lived through quite a few moments in his life. In the comics, I always figured he was in his mid 30's - 40's. However, he seems like he could be even older than that.

Do you think that he will eventually pass from old age or do you think his healing factor will keep him around ?

Basically, two questions:

1. How old do you think he is at this moment ?
2. Do you think he could die of old age ?

Liberal Elocutionist

It's at the whim of whomever is writing the comic at any given time.
Marvel can't decide on hair styles or eye color, let alone something as important as age and how old Logan can get.
That said, the body deteriorates over time, and since Logan is constantly regenerating wounds, I doubt he could die of old age as his cells would just replace lost muscle and bone mass.

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Isn't he supposed to be somewhere between 150-170 years old or something like that? Since he was born in the mid1800s or around there?
Captain Mantis
It's at the whim of whomever is writing the comic at any given time.
Marvel can't decide on hair styles or eye color, let alone something as important as age and how old Logan can get.
That said, the body deteriorates over time, and since Logan is constantly regenerating wounds, I doubt he could die of old age as his cells would just replace lost muscle and bone mass.

lol, don't forget how Wolverine is supposed to be a small little guy (about 5'2" )... these days, everyone makes him dark, tall and handsome and maybe resembling of Hugh Jackman xP

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Wolverine is just sort of ridiculous. That said, his stunted aging is probably the most realistic thing about his healing factor, as the biological aging process is greatly dependent on the increasing inability of cells to repair themselves and their eventual deterioration. Real world scientists have already been able to affect the lifespans of test mice through the elimination of such senescent cells, so that's one area where Wolverine's powers could actually have remotely plausible application.

Anyways, assuming the Marvel Universe is intended to be taking place roughly in the present day, I figure he's probably around 120-130 years old. He was born in the 1880s.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Yah depends on the writer. Old man logan is about 40 years in the future and he looks like he's aged 20 years. He actually takes longer to heal in that series as well.

Originally his healing was much less but around the time of the movies they gave him near instant heals.

Deadpool on the other hand...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces