Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scarlet Spider #4- am getting really happy with how things are going. I am worried about the guilt relapse Kaine is having, but at the same time, I'm glad I caught the Louise reference.

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Batman #8 - This story line started out really interesting and intriguing but it feels like it's slowed to a crawl over the last two issues or so. I did kind of like some of the names on the hit list though.

Wonder Woman #8 - Still a fun read though I'm wondering where it's all going.

Conan: Queen of the Black Coast #3 - It's enjoyable so far with a few stand out moments. I'll be sticking around for the long haul 'cause it's Wood.
DC

Action Comics #8 - Still really enjoying it, but it's not as balls-out amazing as I was hoping. Come on Grant, make with the imps and the mermaids already (I'm still mad about them getting rid of the Supermanties, though. Still, I can wait...).
Batgirl #8 - Y'know, I never did get around to finding out exactly whatever happened to
Wee Jimmy Gordon. Apparently he turned into Norman ******** Bates.
Batwoman #8 - Kate Kane is the envy of the DCU due to getting to keep a costume that doesn't make her look like 1994 threw up on her.
Demon Knights #8 - Every issue makes me more and more afraid that it's too good to last.
The Shade #7 - Oh James Robinson, finding out that you can still write great comics only makes your recent howlers that much harder to bear.
Supergirl #8 - I reached the age at which looking at a scantily-clad teenage girl became weird about eight years ago, so as much as I love this book, I'd really like Kara to put some damn pants on.
Wonder Woman #8 - Really enjoying it. I love the really unique designs of the Olympians. BirdHermes is teh secks. I've not read any Wonder Woman comics apart from the odd one back in the day when she had an embassy, so this was a nice surprise. Though I am kind of disappointed they went with the predictable 'Hades Is A Baddie' approach. If anyone's a supervillain in the Greek pantheon, it's ******** Zeus. Still, at least they didn't make Hades look like the Judeo-Christian devil like in that Percy Jackson s**t.

Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man #683 Oh non-angsty-bullshit Spider-Man, I've missed you.
Daredevil #10
Daredevil #10.1 - God damn, Matt Murdock is sexy. And now he doesn't have all of that 'mental illness' and 'demonic possession' that could prove difficult in a meaningful relationship. Don't you go changin', Mark Waid.
Fantastic Four #605
FF#16 - I think Fantastic Four is my favourite Marvel thing. They used to be tied with Spidey, but now...anyway, I hope they don't get rid of the Foundation set-up too soon.
Journey Into Mystery #636 - I literally only started reading this because Richard Elson was doing the art, and Richard Elson was, as far as I was concerned for the majority of my childhood, the best comic artist in the world for his work on Sonic the Comic. I was not disappointed. I've always liked Loki, it's nice to see Marvel finally show that there was a lot more to his character than 'scheming bellend'. He still isn't Thor's ******** brother. Stop saying that. He's his sort-of uncle. Read a saga, why don't you.
Wolverine & The X-Men #8
Wolverine & The X-Men #9 - I had much less trouble than I was expecting adjusting myself to the brave new giving-a-s**t-about-Wolverine world. Making him a teacher just works really, really well for me. Dunno why, but it's finally made him interesting. I love the school set-up, which I'd really like to see more of. To be honest, I'd rather it was a high school comic in which they occasionally go to be superheroes rather than the other way round. C'mon, Marvel! It'd be Harry Potter with more explosions and Tony the Tiger, PhD. Just please don't let your latest cross-title dong-fight end up destroying it. I want the Jean Grey Institute to stay open for quite a while longer. I'm glad my school didn't have herds of tiny, naked Nightcrawlers roaming the halls, I'd never have gotten anything done.

Les Autres

The Rocketeer #1 - Picked up due to fond memories of the movie, purchased on the strength of the Stan Sakai story alone. Still secretly longing for my jetpack.
Sonic the Hedgehog #235 - I still love you, Sonic. Your video games might be complete tossycock, appearing only on systems I'll never be able to afford, but your comic still rocks. Yes, I am only buying the Archie one because I'm trying to relive the golden days of reading the UK Sonic comics as a kid. Yes, I know that's like coping with the death of your wife by marrying her sister. Just let me play your old games on my Megadrive while I get quietly drunk, can't you?
Saga #2 - The most European-flavoured American comic I've ever read. I hope this one runs for years.

Drawdle's Husbando

Just Batman #8 for me this week. 3nodding

4,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Rukasu

Were you disappointed in it?

Dangerous Visionary

Major day for me

TMNT mirco no 4 Leo (Now I can finally read them all)
Saga 1 and 2 (Now I can finally start that thread I made about it)
Action 7 and 8 (I might as well finish)

From public library I got
JLA Tower of Babel (so hopefully when I can redbox JL Doom I'll have some background info) Might just rent it off itunes though.....
Skim

Drawdle's Husbando

Ripley_Toronto
Rukasu

Were you disappointed in it?

I am new to Western comics so I am a bit hesistant to share my opinion, but since you asked I'll give it a shot! I'm kind of on the fence. On the one hand I agree with lostphrack's comment from a few days ago that the series has slowed down from the intense pace of the first half-dozen issues. On the other hand this is Snyder we're talking about, so I'm willing to wait it out and see where he's taking this story arc. 3nodding

Drawdle's Husbando

Miss-dark8607
Major day for me

The TV-head nobles in that series are so cool. mrgreen It's my first BKV series, so I'm excited to see where this story is headed. Have you seen Fiona's cover for issue #3? I could stare at it for... for... minutes!

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Well I'm caught up on ASM #684 and Venom #16, and started picking up Secret Avengers this week as well as AvX #2.

As far as the issues are going.
ASM - I really love horizon labs involvement ( especially McGrady) in the EOTE especially considering we'll get to see more scientific savvy Spidey in action, Also lately I've been getting the odd feeling that Slott is trying to slowly write Sable into Spidey's love life.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
ydoubother
Scarlet Spider #4- am getting really happy with how things are going. I am worried about the guilt relapse Kaine is having, but at the same time, I'm glad I caught the Louise reference.

Overall i'm quite happy with Scarlet Spider's overall combat heavy story, it's definitely the break I need from ASM's "nobody dies!" policy.

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
Batwing #8 - I.. kind of like this book. Not quite enough to buy it regularly after this arc but I was pleasantly surprised by it throughout the 8 issues despite my minor issues with the art. And yeah, the reveal was easy to see coming but something about it still clicked for me. Go figure.

Crossed: Badlands #2 - 3 - Good stuff. Quality horror comics with some strong art and a damn good ending. It makes me sad to see that Ennis and Burrows are only doing the first three issues before handing it off to another team.

Dangerous Visionary

Rukasu
Miss-dark8607
Major day for me

The TV-head nobles in that series are so cool. mrgreen It's my first BKV series, so I'm excited to see where this story is headed. Have you seen Fiona's cover for issue #3? I could stare at it for... for... minutes!

WTH didn't I get a notice about this? gonk

Yeah I like the ending of chapter two. I also love the narration as its told by the daughter POV really looking forward to the ending. Since all endings of BKV are great. This is my first high fantasy comic. TV-heads made me think of Dead Leaves. Major props on the art of Fiona but thing again BKV always pick the right artist to work with. I highly recommend his other works. 3nodding I did make a thread about this series (its on the first page now) Since I read and re-read it. OMG so loving it.

Devoted Member

Detective Comics #9
Dial H #1
Spawn #219

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Vol. 1 - It's not too bad, a lot better than I thought it'd be. It's set after the TV series and picks up a few hanging plot threads while taking the story in an interesting and logical direction. Definitely enjoyed it and I'll definitely be picking up volume 2!
Teen Titans annual #1 (because of legion lost )
World Finest #1

earth 2 #1 stunk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas