Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Batman #5 - Fantastic. I was initially really turned off by the idea of the cross over and the price hike, but every time I read this.. I dunno. I might just ride it out.

Wonder Woman #5 - Good, though I miss Chiang. But yeah, still solid stuff.

Batwing #5 - Ehh.. it's ok but the art still kind of irks me. It's so stiff and lifeless.

Wasteland #33 - Nice to see the series return! It'll take some time getting used to the new artist though.
Batman 5
Green Lantern Corps 5
Nightwing 5
Wonder Woman 5
Amazing Spider-Man 678
Avengers 21
Daredevil 8
Generation Hope 15
New Mutants 36
Uncanny X-Force 20
Uncanny X-Men 5
Venom 12
Cobra 9
G.I Joe 9
Snake Eyes 9
Star Trek 5
Transformers Autocry 1
Ghostbusters 5
Planet of the Apes 10
Voltron 2
Just two things, Prophet 21 and Wolverine and the X-Men #4 this week.

Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
Red Hood and the Outlaws 5
-Well I liked it a lot. Not much really to say on it, other than it was really good. The ending especially. With the lot of them running away...hahaha. I was somewhat disappointed with Starfire regaining her powers within 5 minutes. It also left me wandering....what happened to that Big Tamaeran gate thing....did they just leave it in that town in the field? But it will indeed be interesting to see the next issue. A bigger fight would have been nicer.

Batman Inc: Leviathan Strikes (the one shot)
-Well....that was a mindf***. The first chapter, yeah I got that in an instant. Second chapter I stood there like.....the f***...what is up with this s***. I mean I still don't understand the whole doors thing, the whole other batmen from around the world appearing as brainwashed goons. I mean the background at the end cleared it up slightly. But still, I was like the f***. I can see why Miss Rim-The-Sky likes Steph as Batgirl. She is pretty awesome. Not sure who I prefer more, Miss Gordon or Steph. I would like to see Steph as Batgirl in a new release. I did think Oracle Online was the coolest thing EVER. Dear god it would look epic if Miss Gordon went about in that costume in her release. But to sum up. Mind-f*** 2nd Chapter, Steph is a good Batgirl, and Miss Gordon look EPIC as Oracle Online.

Back to Stoke now!

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Batgirl-BarbaraGordon
Red Hood and the Outlaws 5
-Well I liked it a lot. Not much really to say on it, other than it was really good. The ending especially. With the lot of them running away...hahaha. I was somewhat disappointed with Starfire regaining her powers within 5 minutes. It also left me wandering....what happened to that Big Tamaeran gate thing....did they just leave it in that town in the field? But it will indeed be interesting to see the next issue. A bigger fight would have been nicer.

Batman Inc: Leviathan Strikes (the one shot)
-Well....that was a mindf***. The first chapter, yeah I got that in an instant. Second chapter I stood there like.....the f***...what is up with this s***. I mean I still don't understand the whole doors thing, the whole other batmen from around the world appearing as brainwashed goons. I mean the background at the end cleared it up slightly. But still, I was like the f***. I can see why Miss Rim-The-Sky likes Steph as Batgirl. She is pretty awesome. Not sure who I prefer more, Miss Gordon or Steph. I would like to see Steph as Batgirl in a new release. I did think Oracle Online was the coolest thing EVER. Dear god it would look epic if Miss Gordon went about in that costume in her release. But to sum up. Mind-f*** 2nd Chapter, Steph is a good Batgirl, and Miss Gordon look EPIC as Oracle Online.

Back to Stoke now!

FUUUUUUU TALIA. >:C

Super Genius

Let's see.

Amazing Spiderman 677, 678
Avenging Spider-Man 3
Batgirl 5
Captain America 7
Conan: Road of Kings 12
Danger Girl 1
Daredevil 8
DCUO Legends 21
Deadpool 49
Deadpool Max II 4
Deathstroke 5
Ghost Rider 8
Green Hornet 21
Green Lantern 5
Green Lantern Corps 5
Hack/Slash 12
Incredible Hulk 4
Legion of Monsters 4
Scarlet Spider 1
Superboy 5
Supergirl 5
Venom 12
Voltron 2
Wonder Woman 5

Annnd after Army of Darkness/Danger Girl, (well, so far) I picked up the Danger Girl Deluxe Edition.

Invisible Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
looking through all of these makes me sad im in a terrible comic situation
the only spot to buy new comics here is in a small book store in the mall so there supply is low only super well known comics. superman and batman abound (and im not a batman fan)
the good news is. i get Wednesdays off from work
bad news they stock there shelves at the end of the day so new comics are up on thursdays
bad news i ALWAYS work thursdays noon to nine the same hours the book store is open

sigh but i try getting there once a week to see what i can get.

auctions and antique stores have a bunch of cool old stuff though so i stop by them every now and then to look
So, the downside of no longer going to the comic shop every week on Wednesday is that the comics I like apparently sell out in a day and I have to traipse across Minnesota in search of copies of them.

Also, apparently making Daredevil crossover with Spider-Man has caused this month's DD issue to be rarer than platinum.

Comic World, you make my no-pirating policy very difficult to adhere to. stare

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Got the Terror Titan TPB today. Loved it! Ravager really does deserve her own series. She makes everything more exciting.

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Lobster Johnson The Burning Hand
The Shade 4
Brilliant 2- Simply Greatness
BAtman and RObin 5 Goodness
Suicide squad 5- Easily One of the most underrated books of the new 52
REdhood- Good
Deathstroke 5- Always an action packed time
Frankenstein 5
Nightwing 5
Grifter 5
Darknes 97
and some other ones..

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
The Flash #5: Glad to see some more interaction with Barry and Iris. There is such chemistry there. And the end was...whoa. 4/5

Superman #5: Meh. Not overly exciting this month, the ending was sort of nice though. 3/5

Aquaman #5: FFFFFFFF! This series has been great since #1, and it just keeps getting better. A bit of Arthur's history revealed, and hints at Mera's. And now returning to Atlantis! 5/5

Justice League #5: Batman totally stole the show here! Taking of his cowl, giving Hal a good talking to, and then racing off to save Superman. He really does give all the metas a run for their moneys. 4/5

Teen Titans #5: These guys are still pretty divided and they need to get themselves together. But it's good to see Kon somewhat come to his senses by the end. He's stealing the show at the moment, he's so different now compared to what he was in the last universe, he's obviously very intelligent and rather deep. I likey. Bart has turned out to be a bit of a Wally (no pun intended), he wants to show off and hog all the glory, just like when Wally was in TT. I'm finding Tim rather overbearing and annoying in this universe, I'm hoping he'll settle more with me soon. Solstice and Bunker also had some good scenes, glad the core TT aren't getting all the limelight. I've never cared for Cassie and I still don't. 4/5

X-Men Legacy #261: Still very new to this series, but I am of course LOVING Rogue! While she ended up saving the school in this issue...she inadvertently put Cyclops in the firing line. Can't wait to see the reactions of both sides meeting again.

Batman & Robin, Dark Knight VS White Knight THB: ********. I can't even. FUUUUUUUCK! All I can say is that these two need to be the duo again at some point, they are just perfect together. 5/5
Didn't pick anything up today, mainly because I'm still waiting for my store get the back issues I ordered in.

I'm currently waiting on getting:

Batman & Robin #1-5
Justice League #4 (I had them hold onto a copy of #5 for me)
Flash #1-3 (They're holding on to 4 & 5 for me)
Batwoman #3 (Same as Flash)

This is just what I needed, another expensive hobby. cat_sweatdrop
I don't remember what was this week's and what was last week's, but...

Daredevil - What the hell is Waid even doing? Unfortunately, this last issue made it into my pull box before I got a chance to cancel. This is just awful.

Justice League Dark - Same situation as above, ended up with one more issue. This completes a full arc of nothing happening except poorly-handled characters having stupid conversations. And I had really high hopes for this book, too.

Nightwing - I've liked this so far. Higgins is one of the better writers Nightwing's had since Dixon.

All-Star Western - I love Hex, so it's good enough for me. Still, I kinda wish we'd get to see somebody other than Gray and Palmiotti on this.

Captain America & Bucky - This arc isn't really grabbing me. (I'll be honest, I really only started picking this up for Bucky.) I like that Torch is in it, though.
]First post on here...

I got:

DC:
Flash #5 - Best one of the week for me :3! Ending was like :O!

Teen Titans #5 - It was okay...nice to see Tim asserting himself a bit though!

Marvel:
Avengers Solo #4 - It's been an okay series I guess...liked the ending and want the next issue still though!

Fantastic Four #602 - Not enough Human Torch for my personal taste... Still a pretty good issue though. The ending: s**t just got real.

I have comics waiting for me when I go home too so yay :3 haha

So ends my post
~

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Atmospherics - Meh. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items