Welcome to Gaia! ::

Some refer to trades as TBA. Or do I have it wrong and it's TPA?

Familiar Phantom

TPB, if that's what you're going for. Trade Paper Back.In my experience, TBA stands for "To Be Announced," hence my confusion. I thought you knew something about an upcoming comic I didn't.
Heine Westenfluss
Nothing probably...since they probably haven't been sent to Europe yet due to the Iceland Volcano's ash and the no-fly temporary lawthingie ~_~

That volcano was interesting and exciting back when it was just doing mildly disruptive things like stranding my daughter's teacher in South Africa, but it's crossed a line here. The volcano is my enemy now. stare
Hey, if there was ever a time to get caught up on your Superman reading...
Sarya of Venegar
Hey, if there was ever a time to get caught up on your Superman reading...

Yes, I won't have an excuse after this!

Unless my issues of Action are seized under the terms of the new Dangerous Cartoons Act.
Stop laughing pervertedly while you're reading them in the pubs. surprised
I'm so tempted to report Action under the terms of the new act (which came into force this month and makes it illegal to possess "non-photographic visual depictions of child sexual abuse" ).

Just for the sheer hell of it.
This week's grabbitz:

-REBELS #15 - we're in between storylines, and this is a definite downtime issue. Still a fun read.

-Hercules Fall of an Avenger #2 - great read, loved the Atlas backup. Looking forward to the Prince of Power mini!

-Brave and the Bold #33 - Revisited something I really didn't want to see yet AGAIN in comics. Don't bother reading if you don't think "The Killing Joke" is a masterpiece.

-Avengers vs. Agents of Atlas #4 - got a little escoteric. Still enjoyed.

-Pixie Strikes Back #3 - Vastly oversold by Oni, but an entertaining read. I love Kathryn's take on Emma. Let's get her on an Emma mini.

-Power Girl #11 - Tick, tick, tick. Big fun in the Peej tradition.

-Marvel HER-oes #1 - Enjoyed a LOT more than I thought I would! A fitting successor to "Spider-Man loves Mary Jane."

-Supergirl #52 - heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart
Linda Lee Danvers

Brave and the Bold #33 - Revisited something I really didn't want to see yet AGAIN in comics. Don't bother reading if you don't think "The Killing Joke" is a masterpiece.

Shame. Despite my JMS-phobia then the characters and that lovely clean Chiang art were tempting me to try that one.

Linda Lee Danvers

Did you ever read their Thunderbolts guest-spot, Linda? That was an odd kettle of fish.
Linda Lee Danvers

-Pixie Strikes Back #3 - Vastly oversold by Oni, but an entertaining read. I love Kathryn's take on Emma. Let's get her on an Emma mini.

Got to be better than D'Ozario's will be.
I think Emma's in Immoen's Heralds thingy though, so fun awaits there.

Has Oni read any Immoen before?
I think her style is very striking and if it's your first exposure to it, I can understand it knocking you in strange directions.

Linda Lee Danvers
Marvel HER-oes #1 - Enjoyed a LOT more than I thought I would! A fitting successor to "Spider-Man loves Mary Jane."

Really? I've had no interest in this until now, but loved SM heart MJ.
Would I like?
I got........
Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth 10

Captain America Who won't wield the shield

Green Lantern 53

FireStar 1

Ultimate Spider-man 9

and DoomWar 3

oh and I got the Kyle Rayner action figure
The Amazing Deadpool

Gah! So desperate am I for that Brendan McCarthy/Matt Fraction story in there that I've spent much of this week trying to tektek it from the previews.
Marvex the Super Robot
Linda Lee Danvers

Brave and the Bold #33 - Revisited something I really didn't want to see yet AGAIN in comics. Don't bother reading if you don't think "The Killing Joke" is a masterpiece.

Shame. Despite my JMS-phobia then the characters and that lovely clean Chiang art were tempting me to try that one.

The art is great. The story had me half-groaning, half-S_D-esque ANGRY at the end (which surprised me!)

Quote:
Linda Lee Danvers

Did you ever read their Thunderbolts guest-spot, Linda? That was an odd kettle of fish.

No, where would I be looking for that?

Quote:
Linda Lee Danvers

Got to be better than D'Ozario's will be.
I think Emma's in Immoen's Heralds thingy though, so fun awaits there.

Has Oni read any Immoen before?
I think her style is very striking and if it's your first exposure to it, I can understand it knocking you in strange directions.

THAT I can see. Hellcat did that for me. Immonen writes in such a way that she deliberately assumes you UNDERSTAND things that other writers would explicitly STATE.

Quote:
Linda Lee Danvers
Marvel HER-oes #1 - Enjoyed a LOT more than I thought I would! A fitting successor to "Spider-Man loves Mary Jane."

Really? I've had no interest in this until now, but loved SM heart MJ.
Would I like?

You know, I'm not really sure if you would or not. It's sort of a Mean Girls in the Marvel U thing, but for some reason I felt rather fond of it when I was done. It doesn't have the whistful feel of SM heart MJ, and it has a very unfortunate title, but I'll definitely be picking up the next issue.
Marvex the Super Robot
The Amazing Deadpool

Gah! So desperate am I for that Brendan McCarthy/Matt Fraction story in there that I've spent much of this week trying to tektek it from the previews.
haha nice. hows it looking so far?
Giabrenna

The art is great. The story had me half-groaning, half-S_D-esque ANGRY at the end (which surprised me!)

I might start reading S_D more regularly when JMS Wonder Woman starts up. Just to smirk.

That's ugly, isn't it?

Linda Lee Danvers

No, where would I be looking for that?

That'd be in Thunderbolts #139-40.
It's by Parker so the Agents are wonderfully themselves, with one great "oh dear, oh dear" moment. But it's mostly a story of the boring-except-for-Ghost current Thunderbolts so don't get too excited. Even if it does continue that idea you laid out of how well Atlas fits into the 'Dark Reign' concept.
Linda Lee Danvers

THAT I can see. Hellcat did that for me. Immonen writes in such a way that she deliberately assumes you UNDERSTAND things that other writers would explicitly STATE.

I always find that refreshing, because I think there's very few of us left who need the STATEMENT as anything other than a comfort blanket.

What I find really interesting about her is the way she structures dialogue so as to represent multiple overlapping conversations. It's something you'd struggle to do in a novel and would need the best sound editing evar to do on film, but she makes look very easy in comics.

Stylistically, I really think she's quite unique...and I think I held back on talking about the Hellcat trade because I didn't want to get my response to that uniqueness mixed up with overpraise. So I can't find it anywhere in my heart to blame Oni for responding strongly to Pixie.

Linda Lee Danvers

You know, I'm not really sure if you would or not. It's sort of a Mean Girls in the Marvel U thing, but for some reason I felt rather fond of it when I was done. It doesn't have the whistful feel of SM heart MJ, and it has a very unfortunate title, but I'll definitely be picking up the next issue.

I think I might hang on till trade then and see what everyone's saying.
I just got done reading FireStar and it was really good. It takes place after Marvel Divas which was an awesome read as well for those out there that have not read it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff