Welcome to Gaia! ::

Johns

I like streamlining characters while still utilizing everything that has come before. That's what we're going to do with Doom Patrol. Add some new members to it, while taking everything that others have done.

http://www.newsarama.com/general/GeoffJohns/GeoffPartTwo.htm

I exist again!
Feels tingly.

Familiar Phantom

Ashram_VII
H.P. Lovecraft's work is coming back to comics in April!

I've never read anything by Lovecraft. I have heard a lot of allusion to things being "lovecraftian", but honestly have no idea what that means. Can anyone give me a primer course?
Wally_West
Ashram_VII
H.P. Lovecraft's work is coming back to comics in April!

I've never read anything by Lovecraft. I have heard a lot of allusion to things being "lovecraftian", but honestly have no idea what that means. Can anyone give me a primer course?

Big spooky alien god things what screw around with your mind, used to rule the earth and now live in the sea where they're asleep, sorta. Basically.

If you'd like to know more, I think this would be a fun way to learn about Lovecraft's most famous creation, Cthulhu.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3834
Ultimates DVD clip for DL.

********. May actually have to pick this up. Looks better than expected at least.

Preview art of Jeff Smith's Captain Marvel mini and he says Dan Slott will be writing an arc in JLA:Classfied.
Whole mess of Vertigo news for yall.

UPDATE

Grant Morrison is on Batman after James Robinson is finished with his crossover arc. Read more here

Hearing Morrison describe his Batman as a "hairy chested love god" has me cracking up. Never thought I would see the day when I was interested in picking up 1 let alone both Batman titles. Dini on 'Tec and Morrison on Batman? Sold!
Robinson before that isn't bad either! I guess Batman and 'Tec will be added to my pull list.
After reading the Vertigo panel, i'm looking forward to the upcoming Fables stories, and Sloth sounds interesting

Though, such a long wait for Pride Of Baghdad? Brian K. Vaughan has said it's been finished for a couple of months. Ah well, it will be worth the wait.

Profitable Tycoon

3,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Lnb1390

Though, such a long wait for Pride Of Baghdad? Brian K. Vaughan has said it's been finished for a couple of months. Ah well, it will be worth the wait.

Definately worth the wait. I was surprised by the Fable OGN's release date too because it was mentioned awhile ago and we get it in October. confused

Great news about David signing with Marvel, but I still worry about Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. From the way Wieringo is talking it sounds like he is getting bored with it and his art really adds to the story.
So, Frank Miller's next project is about what happens when al Qaeda attack Gotham. Apparently it is going to involve much a**-kicking on Batman's part.

It will be called Holy Terror, Batman!

Quote:
Miller proudly announced the title of his next Batman book, which he will write, draw and ink. Holy Terror, Batman! is no joke. And Miller doesn't hold back on the true purpose of the book, calling it "a piece of propoganda," where 'Batman kicks al Qaeda's a**."

"The Greek's had their Gods and heroes," Miller said. "We have ours." And if you truly consider these characters our mythological figureheads, you have to wonder about their place and purpose in our culture. "What are they there for?" Miller asked, rhetorically. "Are they really going to be saving damned cats from damn trees?"

Read more here.

Profitable Tycoon

3,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers