15,375 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Maiadorn
Hot diggety pig! heart heart heart

*leaps onto table, dances*

*leaps onto table, dances with Maia*
now you can listen to everyones favorite Marvel award-winning writer BMB on podcast it seems.

http://www.marvel.com/publishing/stories/showstory.htm?id=70
Kay_Challis

The Western 'event' sounds fun though - especially given that Palmiotti and Gray are part of it.

Ya I'm planning on getting that one and this one:

Mark Panniccia
TWO-GUN KID by Dan Slott and Eduardo Barretto with a special 8-page bonus story by Keith Giffen and Mike Allred of a very obscure Marvel Western character. Cover by Eric Powell!
Daimyo Shoju
Kay_Challis

The Western 'event' sounds fun though - especially given that Palmiotti and Gray are part of it.

Ya I'm planning on getting that one and this one:

Mark Panniccia
TWO-GUN KID by Dan Slott and Eduardo Barretto with a special 8-page bonus story by Keith Giffen and Mike Allred of a very obscure Marvel Western character. Cover by Eric Powell!

Allred and Slott in the same issue?
I trust it goes without saying I'm getting that one.
Picked up the GODland TPB today saving it for tomorrow though and just looking thorugh it I know I'll love it. Thanks for suggesting it Kay.
Sad news comic artist Seth Fisher has died. LINK

His most recent work was the FF/Iron Man:Big in Japan mini. I was planning to pick up the mini in trade since his artwork looked interesting and Wells won me over with the New Warriors mini. I was looking forward to more work from him since his style was so different.
My no-DC month would go easier if things like Godland stayed on the shelves long enough for me to BUY. As it is, I had to content myself with reading "Madrox" which was a pretty fun read anyways. Walking by the Bulleteer and Legion of Superheroes without even opening them was painful, but I expect the spasms should abate by next week when my Mary Jane TPBs arrive in the mail.
According to Peter David's Blog, Ryan Sook is leaving X-Factor after #4. This is a huge disappointment for me, since I think his art fits the title perfectly (and his Jamie and Rictor are so pretty). I'll be very sad to see him go.

Quote:
The report is correct: Issue #4 of X-FACTOR will be Ryan's last. This is entirely his decision. Andy and I would love for him to stay on, and Ryan reportedly loves the book, but he has taken himself off it because--I presume, since I haven't spoken to him--the monthly schedule is just too problematic for him. He is, however, going to be continuing doing the covers.

[...]

As for Ryan, it was far too short an association for my taste, and I'm certainly hoping to work with him again.

PAD

The rest of the entry says who the fill-in artists will be (Dennis Calero and Ariel Olivetti), but also has a Deadly Genesis spoiler in it. No word yet on who will be the new regular artist.
Really sad about Seth Fisher. I loved his detailed and distinct style, and his covers have spent many weeks as my wallpaper.

Linda Lee Danvers
My no-DC month would go easier if things like Godland stayed on the shelves long enough for me to BUY. As it is, I had to content myself with reading "Madrox" which was a pretty fun read anyways. Walking by the Bulleteer and Legion of Superheroes without even opening them was painful, but I expect the spasms should abate by next week when my Mary Jane TPBs arrive in the mail.

3nodding That'll ease the pain. At least, that book works for me to ease the pain arising from every other current Spidey book.

I'll be kind and say that Bulleteer#3 is another huge disapointment and that nothing interesting or important happens in Legion#14 (all of which are filthy lies, but if it helps).

Not sure much will ease the pain of this...
totable_cobra
According to Peter David's Blog, Ryan Sook is leaving X-Factor after #4. This is a huge disappointment for me, since I think his art fits the title perfectly (and his Jamie and Rictor are so pretty).

Aren't they just? Every panel of Jaime from #3 needs to be on the 'Pretty Boys' thread, as he's somehow grown even cuter than he was in issue one.

Sook's really destined for greatness and I hope he's able to get his time-management together enough to do a regular series on the way. It seems that he never had a chance to find his feet with X-Factor's schedules, starting it as he did the same time as finishing off the very art-complex Zatanna. Hope this experience doesn't keep him off ongoings - though if he did want to spend the rest of his career doing more minis with Slott and Morrison then I won't be complaining too much (doesn't Arkham Asylum: Living Hell seem so important now? As both Dan and Ryan's breakthrough book) .

So yeah, I'll really miss his takes on the characters - but the writing on X-Factor's so compelling I'd be buying it if Liefeld was drawing.
I agree with Kay. Legion #14 was kind of a waste. Especially the letters page - it was really disappointing. Of course, I mean to say that it was the BEST THING EVER. xp

Kay_Challis
Aren't they just? Every panel of Jaime from #3 needs to be on the 'Pretty Boys' thread, as he's somehow grown even cuter than he was in issue one.

See, thinking about that makes me wonder if I wouldn't rather just wait for Sook. (But then, I am nearly always a month behind on X-Factor anyway, so the waiting probably wouldn't bother me very much.) Of course I'll still buy it without him, but he's become one of those artists who makes me excited to *look* at a book. I don't mind waiting for Cheung's Young Avengers work, and I think I feel the same about Sook.

Or perhaps this is just me lusting after Sook's men. It's hard to tell.

Anyway. I do agree that Sook is destined to become great, even if he can't get into a monthly rhythm. He has a distinct style with gorgeous women *and* men, and he's willing to try new visual storytelling methods. I'm excited to see what he plans on doing next.

Quote:
So yeah, I'll really miss his takes on the characters - but the writing on X-Factor's so compelling I'd be buying it if Liefeld was drawing.

Which makes me wonder who *will* be drawing - or should. I know Hester and Parks just went Marvel exclusive a few months ago, and I can see their style working for X-Factor - though unfortunately that would mean we would (or perhaps just I would) have to sacrafice having stunning lead characters, as I've never found their men or women at all attractive.

As for what other active big-two artists I'd like to see on the book...Pete Woods would be a good choice, I think. I don't know if he's DC exclusive or not, but his work on Catwoman recently has been fantastic.

I'm also thinking Jae Lee is Marvel exclusive right now, and I would love to see him on the book, too.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. smile
gonk I hate you both and your white text teasings.

So, I guess it should go to say though, that if I liked the Madrox mini, next week I should skip past Jonah Hex and all the other DC goodies tempting me to pick up all of the issues of X-Factor?

That is a bummer about the artist leaving. He gave Jamie a studonomically approved pout. However, does this mean that the series will have a better colorist then the mini? I know it was going for 'noir' and all, but jeez....he needed to lay off the darkening filters.
Well, at least now you have something to look forward to when you get to read all the stuff you missed! domokun

If you liked the Madrox mini, then yeah, I'd definitely say you should try X-Factor. So far, it feels a lot like the mini...except with the added fun of Siryn, Monet, and a kinda emo Rictor thrown into the mix (his pouty face on the first cover kills me).

I can't really think of anything to dislike about the series, save the inconsistant art - which will likely be getting better with Sook's departure. The coloring is still pretty dark, probably even darker than the mini (I don't remember its coloring too well). Still, it's easily one of my favorite books at the moment, both art-wise and in general. I hope you'll give it a shot. smile
H.P. Lovecraft's work is coming back to comics in April!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff