Welcome to Gaia! ::

It involved something being dragged into the woods and raped by wolves or some such thing. I'll make up a new Jhonen Vasquez thread sometime tomorrow for you.
Gah, sorry about the delay, completely slipped my mind. Link added.

Quote:
It involved something being dragged into the woods and raped by wolves or some such thing.

That sounds about right...
In the interest of condensing news topics...

King Chrono
New Avengers Sneak Peek
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Avengers are getting a new member and there will be a wedding.

King Chrono
Superman Returns Pix

They have some really nice pictures. The majority I saw for the first time. I'm really looking foward to this movie. I just hope it lives upto the hype.

King Chrono
Busiek & Johns Talking Supes

These two guys are really excited about Supes. Let's hope this translate to great Superman stories!

King Chrono
Check Out The 99

Really great story about the Islamic Superheroes. There are some really great concepts that were inspired by American comics but with their own twist.

King Chrono
Free Comic Book Day Titles Announced

Marvel is giving away a title that's mixed, The X-Men & Runaways. The Runaways will be getting some exposure so hopefully more people will be picking up the title after FCBD 2006. And DC giving away JLU? confused They should have given away Infinite Crisis # 1! evil

King Chrono
NIGHTWING
comicbookresources.com

Jones is jumping on "Nightwing" at an interesting time. Like the rest of the DC Universe, the book will have jumped ahead in time as part of the "One Year Later" initiative, which follows "Infinite Crisis." Joining him on the book is the art team of Joe Dodd ("Human Torch" wink and Bit ("Batman: Gotham Knights" wink . The writer's first issue on this series won't appear until March, but we tried to see which details we could get him to share before then.

To begin with, we'll start with the assumption that the Nightwing character you're writing may or may not be d**k Grayson. Can you at least tell me if Nightwing is a he or she?

He's a she. No, no…I mean, he's a he. Wait a second…

From the cover on March's solicited issue, it appears Nightwing's new setting is New York. Is that correct? Was this a decision made before you came aboard?

It was made jointly between Nachie Castro, Matt Idleson and myself as I recall.

Can you give readers any hint as to why the character changed his base of operations?

Not really - not without giving away major plot points. Some of these may be revealed before my first issue hits the stands. [Editor's Note: read the newly-released "Infinite Crisis" #4 to discover more about Bludhaven's fate.]

If his setting has changed, will any of Nightwing's supporting cast (or villains) be in this new series? Or are you dealing with a totally new set of characters?

Not totally, no. You'll see some familiar faces, but a couple of brand new, really…ah, interesting ones!

Now, does this Nightwing have any affiliation to any group or team? Is he still part of the "Bat-team?" Or is this character totally on their own?

As we pick him up, he'll be pretty much on his own, though he will interact with old faces. It's a balancing act between trying to be faithful to old readers and bringing new readers aboard who may not share the old reader's passions. You're kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't, but you gotta try if this industry is going to continue to grow and remain viable in an increasingly fractured world of entertainment. You have to be special…but not too special. It's like, now you have 500 channels, but how many do you actually watch?

While we only see Nightwing's glove on the cover, it looks like his costume is the same. Can you tell our readers if the costume design is the same? Is the size of the costume the same?

You'll know Nightwing when you see him - but there may be some changes to the actual costume itself.

Also on the solicited cover, it appears Nightwing is holding a knife dripping with blood. Will the Nightwing you're writing use similar crime-fighting methods as in the past? Or is this Nightwing on a different path?

He will use weapons, but our Nightwing will tend to rely chiefly on his own physical prowess as well as "weapons" that happen to be on hand, if you will.

Can you tell us anything about the villains appearing in your initial story arc?

The first major villain gives Nightwing at least twice as much trouble as the average tough he's dealt with in the past.

Finishing up with Nightwing, what about this character makes you most excited?

His physicality; that he possesses only mortal powers like his mentor the Batman. And what he's gone through over the past year - though I can't go into that here for obvious reasons.

Jones makes it so obvious that Nightwing will be be d**k Grayson. Jason Todd's the new Nightwing or has highjacked the identity.
News in the news sticky, whod'athunk. xd

In regards to those '99' comics, I wonder if they'll end up imported into the US. I bet they won't...if they do though, it'll be fun watching the fundamentalists claim that they're only here to corrupt our youth.
Quote:

Casey Talking G0DLand

I can't recomend this noisily enough. The style and the art work might just be a briliant pastiche of Kirby at his most cosmic, New Gods especially as the title gives away, but the actual storylines and especially the characters have the zing of the new about them. The baddies particularly are an inspired bunch - Basil Chronus is one of the best original designs in years, and Nickelhead is just so damn suave. In parts it reminds me a lot of those issues of Madman where Allred would have Frank go a bit woozy, aprehend the nature of the universe and then get attacked by kung-foo robots. Fun for all the family then, and the whole run so far is now out in one handy TPB - So if you buy just one trade this month make it...well, make it that collection of Alan Moore DCU stuff, or the first book of Seven Soldiers. But if, y'know, you're after a third...G0DLand.
Woah. Oogle-worthy art! eek

I'd buy the Alan Moore trade, except I already have "Across the Universe" and don't see the reason to pay for it twice. And Seven Soldiers seems surprisingly scarce. (Say that seven times fast).

So, come February, Godland it is! One more little thing to fill my DC-less life... xd
pinderpanda
Fun for all the family then, and the whole run so far is now out in one handy TPB - So if you buy just one trade this month make it...well, make it that collection of Alan Moore DCU stuff, or the first book of Seven Soldiers. But if, y'know, you're after a third...G0DLand.

G0DLand is another title I wish my comic store carried.I guess I'm going to have to read it in trade and make runs to the good store downtown everytime one comes out. Also just to say I bought the Alan Moore trade(loveitsomuchomgz whee ).

Profitable Tycoon

3,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ed Brubaker takes over Uncanny X-Men

Yeah, I know some people know about this already, but I'm putting it up for the people that don't.

Mike Carey takes over X-Men

This took me by surprise. I know Maia and Cel think he's great, so I'll be giving this a shot in the summer.
Richard Rider

Mike Carey takes over X-Men

This took me by surprise. I know Maia and Cel think he's great, so I'll be giving this a shot in the summer.

Me, when Milligan was announced on this book

One of my favourite VERTIGO writers takes over a huge-profile book! This can't possibly go wrong!

Everything went wrong.

Me, before that, when Morrison was announced on this book

One of my favourite VERTIGO writers takes over a huge-profile book! This can't possibly go wrong!

Nothing went as right as it should have.

Will Carey be the one to break this book's Mysterious Curse?
You know what? I think he will. Morrison was depressed and Milligan was disinterested, but Carey has so obviously been hungry for the mainstream for a while now, and I just don't see him blowing this.
Nnnnggg....not too crazy about X-Men....but....Carey....NNNNNG!

CONFLICT! gonk
Hey everybody like monkeys and Dan Slott? Well check this out!

Big Max

Also incase some people didn't know the Jeff Smith Captain Marvel project will be a four issue mini series called SHAZAM: Monster Society of Evil. No date has been set yet.

O.G. Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
eek

[insert obscene number of hearts here]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items