Welcome to Gaia! ::

It involved something being dragged into the woods and raped by wolves or some such thing. I'll make up a new Jhonen Vasquez thread sometime tomorrow for you.
Gah, sorry about the delay, completely slipped my mind. Link added.

Quote:
It involved something being dragged into the woods and raped by wolves or some such thing.

That sounds about right...

Familiar Phantom

News in the news sticky, whod'athunk. xd

In regards to those '99' comics, I wonder if they'll end up imported into the US. I bet they won't...if they do though, it'll be fun watching the fundamentalists claim that they're only here to corrupt our youth.
Quote:

Casey Talking G0DLand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't recomend this noisily enough. The style and the art work might just be a briliant pastiche of Kirby at his most cosmic, New Gods especially as the title gives away, but the actual storylines and especially the characters have the zing of the new about them. The baddies particularly are an inspired bunch - Basil Chronus is one of the best original designs in years, and Nickelhead is just so damn suave. In parts it reminds me a lot of those issues of Madman where Allred would have Frank go a bit woozy, aprehend the nature of the universe and then get attacked by kung-foo robots. Fun for all the family then, and the whole run so far is now out in one handy TPB - So if you buy just one trade this month make it...well, make it that collection of Alan Moore DCU stuff, or the first book of Seven Soldiers. But if, y'know, you're after a third...G0DLand.
Woah. Oogle-worthy art! eek

I'd buy the Alan Moore trade, except I already have "Across the Universe" and don't see the reason to pay for it twice. And Seven Soldiers seems surprisingly scarce. (Say that seven times fast).

So, come February, Godland it is! One more little thing to fill my DC-less life... xd
pinderpanda
Fun for all the family then, and the whole run so far is now out in one handy TPB - So if you buy just one trade this month make it...well, make it that collection of Alan Moore DCU stuff, or the first book of Seven Soldiers. But if, y'know, you're after a third...G0DLand.

G0DLand is another title I wish my comic store carried.I guess I'm going to have to read it in trade and make runs to the good store downtown everytime one comes out. Also just to say I bought the Alan Moore trade(loveitsomuchomgz whee ).

Profitable Tycoon

3,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ed Brubaker takes over Uncanny X-Men

Yeah, I know some people know about this already, but I'm putting it up for the people that don't.

Mike Carey takes over X-Men

This took me by surprise. I know Maia and Cel think he's great, so I'll be giving this a shot in the summer.
Richard Rider

Mike Carey takes over X-Men

This took me by surprise. I know Maia and Cel think he's great, so I'll be giving this a shot in the summer.

Me, when Milligan was announced on this book

One of my favourite VERTIGO writers takes over a huge-profile book! This can't possibly go wrong!

Everything went wrong.

Me, before that, when Morrison was announced on this book

One of my favourite VERTIGO writers takes over a huge-profile book! This can't possibly go wrong!

Nothing went as right as it should have.

Will Carey be the one to break this book's Mysterious Curse?
You know what? I think he will. Morrison was depressed and Milligan was disinterested, but Carey has so obviously been hungry for the mainstream for a while now, and I just don't see him blowing this.
Nnnnggg....not too crazy about X-Men....but....Carey....NNNNNG!

CONFLICT! gonk
Hey everybody like monkeys and Dan Slott? Well check this out!

Big Max

Also incase some people didn't know the Jeff Smith Captain Marvel project will be a four issue mini series called SHAZAM: Monster Society of Evil. No date has been set yet.

O.G. Gaian

15,375 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
eek

[insert obscene number of hearts here]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash