Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wally_West
New Creeper series=happy me. Maybe they can FINALLY settle on an origin for him.

Does sound like a reboot from this interview...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=6754

Oh, and Happy March.
It's felt almost as long for us as it must of for you.
Kay_Challis

Oh, and Happy March.

AMERICANVIRGINSTARTSTHISMONTH.

Familiar Phantom

Kay_Challis
Wally_West
New Creeper series=happy me. Maybe they can FINALLY settle on an origin for him.

Does sound like a reboot from this interview...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=6754

Oh, and Happy March.
It's felt almost as long for us as it must of for you.

$40 worth of backlogged comics agree with you.

On the plus side, I added two Marvel Monthlies and one indy miniseries to my list of things to get.

And I STILL refuse to read Infinite Crisis.
Wally_West

$40 worth of backlogged comics agree with you.

It builds up, doesn't it?
I just got two weeks behind and was alarmed at the Cubic ******** of titles waiting for me.
Wally_West

On the plus side, I added two Marvel Monthlies and one indy miniseries to my list of things to get.

X-Factor and MJ for the Marvels?
(Unless you weren't already picking up Thing...of which I've just the fourth issue moments ago and shall be whooping about in the land of the Giant Apes later this evening.)

Wally_West

And I STILL refuse to read Infinite Crisis.

Still a guilty pleasure for me... but then lots of my favourite characters are coming out it quite well, wheras yours are being subjected to further mangling and indignity...so I'd probably be avoiding it if I were you.
*holds up hand* I spent forty-odd quid on backlogged comics today...

Quote:
(Unless you weren't already picking up Thing...of which I've just the fourth issue moments ago and shall be whooping about in the land of the Giant Apes later this evening.)

Race you. domokun heart
Maiadorn

Quote:

Race you. domokun heart

You'll win...my not-far-off-forty-quid haul isn't letting me stray far enough from it to let me post anything coherrant yet...I can't even organise my thought processes to the extent where I can decide whether to read Jonah Hex or G0DLAND next...
Kay_Challis
Maiadorn

Quote:

Race you. domokun heart

You'll win...my not-far-off-forty-quid haul isn't letting me stray far enough from it to let me post anything coherrant yet...I can't even organise my thought processes to the extent where I can decide whether to read Jonah Hex or G0DLAND next...

I'm in much the same situation. Quiver went first, then Mouse Guard and Batman: Year 100 (I've typed those titles faaarrr too many times tonight), but now I'm stuck and seriously considering sliding into bed, putting Black Books in the laptop and listening to it while I pretend it's on the radio.

Actually, that sounds too nice to hold off any longer. Goodnight, everybody!
Skip Hex. I STILL hate Tony Dezunigas art.

And, new Marvel titles are X-Factor and Ms. Marvel (Which is inked by the guy who writes Jonah Hex...go fig...). I was picking up She-Hulk and Spider-Man/MJ before.

Oh yeah, I pick up the Thing too...it's the primo reason Dan Slott gets a hug from me if he's ever at a con nearby. I haven't seen such a PERFECT example of how Ben, Franklin, and Reed should be written since....since Waid left.
Maiadorn

but now I'm stuck and seriously considering sliding into bed, putting Black Books in the laptop and listening to it while I pretend it's on the radio.

A number of people have commented that had my life gone a slightly different route I could easily have ended up as Bernard - content with nothing more than literature, wine and shouting at strangers. I resent this, but have as yet been unable to refute it.

Linda Lee Danvers

I didn't check the names on the front. crying
Tell me this is just a fill-in and not the new art team...please...
Everything's so fuzzy and the way Hex's eye is drawn makes hims look suprised all the time.

Linda Lee Danvers

Oh yeah, I pick up the Thing too...it's the primo reason Dan Slott gets a hug from me if he's ever at a con nearby. I haven't seen such a PERFECT example of how Ben, Franklin, and Reed should be written since....since Waid left.

The scene where Reed realises he can build the machine is one of those "Whole Character Defined In One Panel" moments. His Sue's a little off though - I see her as a shade more trusting and a shade less stroppy.

The moment between Lockjaw and the Watcher's my favourite bit of the issue. I love how all the comedy arises out of everyone being so in character that it's painful. I wish more could be done to promote to people that this book is really Dan Slott Writes The Whole Marvel Universe with Ben as a viewpoint character. Not that Ben's ever sidelined - he's the perfect Anti-Angst character. He's a much more tragic figure than, say, Power Girl. But does his spend his life in moping self pity? No, he works through it with humour and courage. Like adults do.

Familiar Phantom

Kay_Challis
Maiadorn

but now I'm stuck and seriously considering sliding into bed, putting Black Books in the laptop and listening to it while I pretend it's on the radio.

A number of people have commented that had my life gone a slightly different route I could easily have ended up as Bernard - content with nothing more than literature, wine and shouting at strangers. I resent this, but have as yet been unable to refute it.

Linda Lee Danvers

I didn't check the names on the front. crying
Tell me this is just a fill-in and not the new art team...please...
Everything's so fuzzy and the way Hex's eye is drawn makes hims look suprised all the time.

He's a fill-in artist who has some past Hex in his resume. I stronly dislike his art because I shouldn't have to stop and carefully inspect EVERY panel to figure out which craggy guy is Hex. Plus, he put's Hex's mouth scar RIGHT under his nose and that's ALWAYS bothered me.
Hey I came across this cool site that list all the superheroes and their religion. Thought you guys might wanna check it out....

Superheroes & Religion

Familiar Phantom

Am I missing something, or am I not on the list?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff