Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been thinking about it for the longest. I really want to buy Vol #1 and 2, but I'm hesitating.

Is it good?
Superman/WW couple? yay or nay?

Maybe I should just stick to the DCAU.

Dangerous Genius

DON'T DO IT, MAN!

All dramatics aside, Justice League is really a terrible series. The pacing is all off, the characterizations are all wonky, and the Shazam backup is just horrible. Jim Lee's art used to be enough of a justification for me to buy it, but really. A turd wrapped in gold foil is still a turd.
It's not the best but it's not the worst in my opinion. Personally I absolutely adore the fact that Cyborg is a member and he fits in marvelously. The first arc was good, second one was pretty rubbish and this new one is 'okay'. I don't buy the series but I do read it. And I personally kinda like the Shazam back story and wish it came out in full TP form.

Wonder Woman and Superman seem really..off though. :/

Versatile Receiver

It's only worth it for a couple funny Hal & Barry moments, which will no longer happen anyway since GL is off the team.

Also the Shazam backups are fantastic and they are being collected by themselves in a HC this fall so you don't have to bother reading JL for them.

If you need a JL-ish book maybe try JLA or Earth 2, I like both of those wayyyy better than JL
It's depressing that the "unlimited" concept hasn't been applied to the comics, yet.

Greedy Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
New 52 Justice League

Why buy it? Just go online and put it on hold at your local library? That's what I did and I got volume one and two. Volume one and part of two is also on youtube, some people upload it.

But anyways, you should get it. Justice League will always be great in any shape or form. I read the first two and I love it, though that might just be because I'm such a Justice League fan boy. The story is decent, you can't really call it bad when only two volumes in. The idea of your favorite heroes meeting up and forming a team has always been appealing, and Justice League is the example for that.

Get it, Justice League is the best. You won't be disappointing. The art is pretty good and the story line is interesting. Anyone who has been a fan of Justice League will love it. Though, I think they under powered Green Lanterns ring a tad bit in the beginning, with Superman and Wonder Woman being able to easily break it an all... But Green Lantern could still go toe to toe with them. Barry Allen seems to be a more enjoyable character in this as well.
Don't decide on whether to get the comics based on any of the biased opinions of any die-hard Pre-New52 or New 52 Dc comics fans on this forum or on any other forum.

Just listen to this unbiased opinion from a casual occasional reader:
JUDGE FOR YOURSELF whether to read the comics or not! It is up to YOU to decide whether or not to read the comics. Follow your heart and your own free will. Decide for yourself whether the storytelling and art is worthy enough! To become a fan is every individual's choice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff