Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
There's not a whole lot of information out about this yet but it's been confirmed.

Quote:
RIP Joe Kubert, Comics Legendary Artist, Teacher & Father

Word is out on Twitter that legendary comics artist, innovator and teacher Joe Kubert has passed away at the age of 85. The closest to official confirmation across the web is a Tweet from artist Dave Gibbons which reads: "Reliable source confirms that Joe Kubert had been in hospital and has passed away. So sorry to hear this. A great artist and a great man."

Comics Should Be Good piece...

Quote:
R.I.P. Joe Kubert

We lost yet another master of the comic book art form today, as the legendary Joe Kubert passed away today at the age of 85. Kubert is known for his amazing artwork on comics like Sgt. Rock, Hawkman, Tarzan, Tor, Enemy Ace, Unknown Soldier, Fax from Sarajevo and so much more.

The Comics Beat...

Quote:
Joe Kubert Passes Away, Aged 85

Kubert, simply put, is one of the titans of field. He’s probably best known for his work on Hawkman (including the original version in the 1940s) and his work on DC’s war comics, like Sgt. Rock. Personally, I’ve always had a soft spot for his Tarzan. Kubert was an editor at DC. The founder of The Kubert School, training new artists.He is survived by his sons, Adam and Andy, both outstanding artists in their own right.

Tipsy Sailor

11,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
RIP.... seriously... I was lookong forward to chatting with him at the next New York Comicon again... Its really a very very big blow. Hes done so much. He CONTINUES to do so much.. and all the while still working on all his comic deadlines.

I will never forget him. Ever. He is such an inspiration- someone who has left hundreds a way to pursue their comic career, a devoted father, a fanatic of the comic universe and art... and someone who has unbelievable POWER and PASSION in every pen stroke...
A truly sad day for the world of comics.

RIP Joe!

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
That's really sad news. RIP Joe Kubert.

Dangerous Visionary

Rest In peace Good Sir and thank you for everything you gave us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff