Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Prophet

9,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
I was Googling the other day and I came up with a theory (turns out, other people had come up with it before me but whatever gonk ). Could Red X from the Teen Titans cartoon (never named) be Jason Todd?

First off, Jason Todd went by the name of Red Hood for a long time. Red X... Red Hood.
Second, Jason was the second Robin. In the show, Red X and Robin were voiced by the same person (even when Robin wasn't acting as Red X).
Third, Beast Boy had theorized this too.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fourth, Red X and Jason have the same (or pretty darn close) personality.
Fifth, Red X helped Robin fight Professor Chang (Robin: "I thought you didn't like playing the hero!"
Red X: "Doesn't mean I don't know how" wink and freed the rest of the Titans.
Sixth, there isn't a sixth. I just wanted to put it.

Discuss! emotion_awesome (Or just voice your opinions...) sweatdrop

Alien Knight

6,775 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Excellent theory. Possibly true. One major hole is the Red Hood thing. Jason's only been Red Hood for a few years, since around 2004/2005. While we are coming up on the decade point in his career, I think, though could be totally wrong, that Red X was 2003. I'd have to look it up again, though I'm almost positive.
Also, having Scott Menville voice both Robin and Red X doesn't actually solidify him as Todd. I'd be more inclined to think X had a v-o device in his helmet to have the same voice as Robin.
Again, great theory, which I've had for a while, too.

Dedicated Prophet

9,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
Fastest Man Alive Flash
Excellent theory. Possibly true. One major hole is the Red Hood thing. Jason's only been Red Hood for a few years, since around 2004/2005. While we are coming up on the decade point in his career, I think, though could be totally wrong, that Red X was 2003. I'd have to look it up again, though I'm almost positive.
Also, having Scott Menville voice both Robin and Red X doesn't actually solidify him as Todd. I'd be more inclined to think X had a v-o device in his helmet to have the same voice as Robin.
Again, great theory, which I've had for a while, too.

The first time Red X premiered as not-Robin was September 4, 2004. Jason Todd premiered as Red Hood in February 2005. But it wouldn't be the first time the cartoon has changed things in the comics. Good points!
He could be, but since he was never named, he could just as easily be Tim Drake or Damian Wayne, or some random guy we've never seen before.

Dedicated Prophet

9,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
deadguy
He could be, but since he was never named, he could just as easily be Tim Drake or Damian Wayne, or some random guy we've never seen before.

Yeah but that's not as fun sad
It can be anyone precisely. But from little things Red X has said, if he were to say anything about death or anything then I'd believe it. But until then, remember Robin did go by the alias and it could have easily been a thief whom stole the costume and takes up the alias. Much like Jason did with Red Hood but like Terry did with the bat-suit; hope that makes sense. Sounded better in my head. Anyways it can be anybody.

Dedicated Prophet

9,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
Damian al Ghul Wayne
It can be anyone precisely. But from little things Red X has said, if he were to say anything about death or anything then I'd believ
e it. But until then, remember Robin did go by the alias and it could have easily been a thief whom stole the costume and takes up the alias. Much like Jason did with Red Hood but like Terry did with the bat-suit; hope that makes sense. Sounded better in my head. Anyways it can be anybody.

It made sense to me. biggrin I'd thought about Jason taking the Red Hood persona but Terry hadn't even crossed my mind. Good point!

Alien Knight

6,775 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
deadguy

I don't think it could have been either Tim or Damian. The main reason it works that X could have been Jason is because he was this rouge-ish character with a skill set similar to the d**k version of Robin with a big chip on his shoulder and a an even bigger grudge against the Bat family.
Damian al Ghul Wayne
That's true. It could be anyone at this point. It wouldn't just have to be a comic character who you haven't seen in a while. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a version of Red X showed up in Teen Titans comics like many characters have crossed over from telelvision, such as Harley Quinn, Mas Y Menos, and even Terry McGinnis as you mentioned.

He's a very interesting character overall. And Yes, the Jason Todd hypothesis has been mentioned many times, even in the Teen Titans series itself, but mostly in their animated shorts airing on DC Nation.

Rainbow Lover

Lilith_Clay_aka_Omen

Cartoon Network released this short for the fun of it. Even they saw the whole Jason Todd//Red X thing.

Dedicated Prophet

9,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
Aquamaureen13
Lilith_Clay_aka_Omen

Cartoon Network released this short for the fun of it. Even they saw the whole Jason Todd//Red X thing.

rofl <---Literally. rofl
bionic monkey razz ninja
I wished Titans could've gone on for another season. To resolve the Terra and Red X subplots. Would've been cool to see. The one thing I am a little sad about is that Red X never made it into the comics. I think it could've been an interesting new anti-hero to follow if DC had taken the baton and run with it.

Dedicated Prophet

9,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
Kazemaru Shichijo
I wished Titans could've gone on for another season. To resolve the Terra and Red X subplots. Would've been cool to see. The one thing I am a little sad about is that Red X never made it into the comics. I think it could've been an interesting new anti-hero to follow if DC had taken the baton and run with it.

You've got a good point. A lot of the things that happened in the cartoon made it into the comic (Mas Y Menos, Beast Boy's outfit in the 52 event, Billy Numerous' cameo in Catwoman, Cheshire's mask moving from TT to YJ cartoons, the new Gizmo, Joto being renamed Hotspot, and Cinderblock being brought into the comics). But if my theory is correct, Red X is Red Hood (Jason Todd).

Also, the Terra thing resolved in the first issue of the comic based off of the cartoon. You can look it up online, find an issue (prolly difficult), or just ask me and I'll pm you the story plot if you want.
Lilith_Clay_aka_Omen
Kazemaru Shichijo

You've got a good point. A lot of the things that happened in the cartoon made it into the comic (Mas Y Menos, Beast Boy's outfit in the 52 event, Billy Numerous' cameo in Catwoman, Cheshire's mask moving from TT to YJ cartoons, the new Gizmo, Joto being renamed Hotspot, and Cinderblock being brought into the comics). But if my theory is correct, Red X is Red Hood (Jason Todd).

Also, the Terra thing resolved in the first issue of the comic based off of the cartoon. You can look it up online, find an issue (prolly difficult), or just ask me and I'll pm you the story plot if you want.

What issue?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces