Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
So is it just me, or does it bother anyone else when you hear people compare Deadpool to Spiderman? Nothing against Spiderman or anything, but it personally irritates me when I hear "This Deadpool guy reminds me of Spiderman." From what I've gathered, it mostly comes from people who have never heard of Deadpool which is fine and all. It still gets under my skin though. What are your opinions? :3
Only seen those comparisons in the comics if I'm honest...

I'm sure there are people like that out there though, I guess I'm fortunate to not have met them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
H0sagi
Only seen those comparisons in the comics if I'm honest...

I'm sure there are people like that out there though, I guess I'm fortunate to not have met them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Right. I mean, the comics are one thing but when you hear people say it, it's different. Deadpool and Spiderman DO have a lot of similarities, but personally I think Deadpool is so much more badass. :b haha
Well yeah, they're both comedic characters, but likewise they could not be more different. One is a super good guy hero and the other is an anti-hero.

Also one is dead and the other can't die. BIG DIFFERENCE. If we're comparing Parker to Wade, which I'm guessing is right. Because Superior and Deadpool are actually quite similar thinking about it...

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
H0sagi
Well yeah, they're both comedic characters, but likewise they could not be more different. One is a super good guy hero and the other is an anti-hero.

Also one is dead and the other can't die. BIG DIFFERENCE. If we're comparing Parker to Wade, which I'm guessing is right. Because Superior and Deadpool are actually quite similar thinking about it...

Right! Haha if only more people would realize that.
The main problem I have with Deadpool at the moment, are all the people that are dressing up as him at cons. I'm pretty sure there was a deadpool meet up at the big one by me recently.

Wish people would improvise them at least, like Thor Deadpool or 70's Deadpool.

Would help if people knew more about DP other than "Oh he's that really random guy who can regenerate and makes references to Memes". Probably where the same people start referencing him to Spider-man wink

Desirable Fairy

14,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Not so into spiderman. so i don't really see why deadpool and spidey are compared. It has always confused me because as far as i can see by watching jsut hte spidey movies i see no simularities but again i say not a spidy comic fan
and i am just now really getting into deadpool. by watching the game and just got a few comics.

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
H0sagi
The main problem I have with Deadpool at the moment, are all the people that are dressing up as him at cons. I'm pretty sure there was a deadpool meet up at the big one by me recently.

Wish people would improvise them at least, like Thor Deadpool or 70's Deadpool.

Would help if people knew more about DP other than "Oh he's that really random guy who can regenerate and makes references to Memes". Probably where the same people start referencing him to Spider-man wink

I really couldn't agree with you more. People need to research the guy before they start talking about him like they know him. Lol

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
NekoGirl665
Not so into spiderman. so i don't really see why deadpool and spidey are compared. It has always confused me because as far as i can see by watching jsut hte spidey movies i see no simularities but again i say not a spidy comic fan
and i am just now really getting into deadpool. by watching the game and just got a few comics.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Personally, I've been a Deadpool fan for a few years now and I'm pretty impressed with the game. I'm so happy with how accurately they've portrayed him. biggrin

Desirable Fairy

14,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Xaiyaa
NekoGirl665

Yeah, I don't get it either. Personally, I've been a Deadpool fan for a few years now and I'm pretty impressed with the game. I'm so happy with how accurately they've portrayed him. biggrin

first got interested in him because of Rorschach and Deadpool lol. FINALLY was able to find some comics at one of the libraries. but deadpool is just so random it is hilarious i dont' think i have stoped smiling in the last few hours because of watching pewdieplay play teh game

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
NekoGirl665
Xaiyaa
NekoGirl665

first got interested in him because of Rorschach and Deadpool lol. FINALLY was able to find some comics at one of the libraries. but deadpool is just so random it is hilarious i dont' think i have stoped smiling in the last few hours because of watching pewdieplay play teh game

Right on. Haha, I've been watching PewDiePie play it as well. But I finally got to play it myself. It's so great. biggrin
I played it and enjoyed, but I guy I work with who has read comics longer than me despises the script for the game. I can see where he's coming from, but still found it funny.

However I refuse to watch Pewdiepie. Cannot stand his voice or laugh, or the fact he does same jokes in multiple episodes so people will think he's hilarious if they catch it on the fly.

But I digress, Deadpool has a lot of a good character structure in him which I wish more people knew about.
]

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
H0sagi
I played it and enjoyed, but I guy I work with who has read comics longer than me despises the script for the game. I can see where he's coming from, but still found it funny.

However I refuse to watch Pewdiepie. Cannot stand his voice or laugh, or the fact he does same jokes in multiple episodes so people will think he's hilarious if they catch it on the fly.

But I digress, Deadpool has a lot of a good character structure in him which I wish more people knew about.
]

I can see where your coworker is coming from. The game commentary is a little too vulgar at times but it's still funny. As for PewDie, I've only watched his walkthrough of the Deadpool game which then motivated me to want to buy it.
Well glad it motivated you to play it.

It's not the vulgarity that was an issue for him, it was the childish antics. It was very much made for everyone in the whole "This what people know about deadpool so let's stick to that" which is pretty safe for a game for a B lister. But yeah.. At times I did cringe at the scripting, but at the same time it was enjoyable.

Still prefer the spidey games, but HEY! What can you do? Except not play X-men Legacy.... Never...

Beloved Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
H0sagi
Well glad it motivated you to play it.

It's not the vulgarity that was an issue for him, it was the childish antics. It was very much made for everyone in the whole "This what people know about deadpool so let's stick to that" which is pretty safe for a game for a B lister. But yeah.. At times I did cringe at the scripting, but at the same time it was enjoyable.

Still prefer the spidey games, but HEY! What can you do? Except not play X-men Legacy.... Never...

Oh yeah, I see why you mean. That is kind of annoying too at times but whatever. It's still fun.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff