Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Ok so I have not seen any big discussion for the best Suphero Ever...Iron ManSo Here you Can talk about anything and everything Iron Man, like comics, his world, action figures, The Iron Man Games, or anything that you people can think of about him. You can post art that you drew here also. Please do not come here just to Bumb or Spam, it kind of gets annoying. gonk

User Image

~Here is my Iron Man Dream Avi~
~Donate?~
User Image

User Image

~Some Iron Man Info~

Powers and abilities

Armor

Iron Man possesses powered armor that gives him superhuman strength and durability, flight, and an array of weapons. The armor is invented and (with occasional short-term exceptions) worn by Stark. Other people who have assumed the Iron Man identity include Stark's long-time partner and best friend James Rhodes; close associates Harold "Happy" Hogan; Eddie March; and (briefly) Michael O'Brien.

The weapons systems of the suit have changed over the years, but Iron Man's standard offensive weapons have always been the repulsor rays that are fired from the palms of his gauntlets. Other weapons built into various incarnations of the armor include: the uni-beam projector in its chest; pulse bolts (that pick up only kinetic energy along the way; so the farther they travel, the harder they hit); an electromagnetic pulse generator; and a defensive energy shield that can be extended up to 360 degrees. Other capabilities include: generating ultra-freon (i.e., a freeze-beam); creating and manipulating magnetic fields; emitting sonic blasts; and projecting 3-dimensional holograms (to create decoys).

In addition to the general-purpose model he wears, Stark has developed several specialized suits for space travel, deep-sea diving, stealth, and other situations. Stark has modified suits, like the Hulkbuster heavy armor. The Hulkbuster armor is composed of add-ons to his so-called modular armor, designed to enhance its strength and durability enough to rival that of The Incredible Hulk. A later model, designed for use against Thor, is modeled on the Destroyer and uses a mystical powersource. Stark also develops an electronics pack during the Armor Wars that, when attached to armors that use Stark technologies, will burn-out those components -- rendering the suit useless. This pack is ineffective on later models, however.

Powers

For a time, due to an artificial nervous system installed after he suffered extensive damage to his nervous system, Stark had superhumanly acute sensory perceptions as well as extraordinary awareness of the physical processes within his own body. This is no longer a part of the character's powers.

After being critically injured during a battle with the Extremis-enhanced Mallen, Stark injects his nervous system with a modified techno-organic virus (the Extremis process) that not only saves his life, it gives him the ability to store the inner layers of the Iron Man armor in the hollows of his bones as well as control it through direct brain impulses. Stark can control the layer of the armor underneath his skin and make it emerge from numerous exit points around his limbs as a gold-colored neural interface under-sheath. While in this form, Stark has technopathic control of the armor and can suit up at any time, calling the larger components to him. Furthermore, the Extremis process has increased his body's recuperative and healing abilities. He is also able to connect remotely to external communications systems such as satellites, cellular phones, and computers throughout the world. Because the armor's operating system is now directly connected to Stark's nervous system, its response time has been significantly improved.

Skills

Tony Stark is an inventive genius who graduated with advanced degrees in physics and engineering at 21 and further developed his knowledge ranging from artificial intelligence to quantum mechanics as time progressed.

In addition, Stark possesses great business and political acumen. On multiple occasions he reacquired control of his companies after losing them and lead corporate takeovers

Stark received hand to hand combat training from Happy Hogan (a professional Boxer), James Rhodes (a Marine) and Captain America himself.

~Iron Man's Enemies~

Actor - A man who could impersonate anyone he saw, instantaneously and visually.

Advanced Idea Mechanics or AIM - A techno-based terrorist group that splintered from its mother group, HYDRA. The group is often led by the conniving cyborg MODOK.

Arsenal - A doomsday robot built by Iron Man's father, Howard Stark.

Bad Guy - A bad guy who tries to control Iron Man. Despite his large brain, he is not very creative.

Blizzard - A costumed villain with a suit that enables him to produce ice and cold.

Blacklash - A weapons expert who brandishes a specially designed whip as his personal weapon.

Boomerang - A costumed villain who uses a series of gimmicked boomerangs as his signature weapons.

Chessmen - Chess-themed henchmen of Obadiah Stane.

Controller - A power hungry scientist with the expertise to control minds.

Count Nefaria - Leader of the crime cartel the Maggia.

Crimson Cowl - the daughter of Justin Hammer later used the identity to lead a team of Masters of Evil and bedevil the Thunderbolts.

Crimson Dynamo - A Soviet supersoldier clad in powered armor.

Crusher I - A South American scientist who created the "Crusher" Formula which enabled him with super-strength, dense skin, and a weight of 1000 lb.

Doctor Doom - Dictator of Latveria and well-known mad scientist throughout the Marvel Universe. Though primarily a foe of the Fantastic Four, Doom has sworn revenge against Iron Man for thwarting a plot to enlist Morgan le Fay of Camelot lore to help free Doom's mother from Hell.

Dreadknight - A disfigured scientist in knight armor with a vendetta against Iron Man and Doctor Doom.

Ezekiel Stane - A businessman, son of Iron Monger aka Obadiah Stane.

Endotherm - A Stark employee who becomes paranoid at the thought of losing his job.

Fin Fang Foom - Alien dragon from the planet Maklu IV.

Firebrand - A supervillain in a suit that not only has flamethrowers mounted on the wrist, it is also fire resistant.

Firepower - Suited villain who initially defeats Iron Man in the Armor Wars storyline.

Gargantus - An outer space robot who appeared in the form of a giant Neanderthal Man.

The Ghost - A professional saboteur who's determined to kill Tony Stark and destroy Stark Enterprises.

Godzilla - Initially, Iron Man, along with the other Avengers, encountered Godzilla when the mutant dinosaur rampaged through New York. Later, while under the control of Doctor Demonicus, a mutated, more amphibious Godzilla attacked Iron Man, only to be later freed of Demonicus' control by him.

Grey Gargoyle - A costumed villain who can turn anything he touches into stone.

Griffin - A New Orleans punk turned monster by the Secret Empire.

Hypnotia - A costumed villain with mind controlling abilities. First seen on the Iron Man TV series.

Immortus - A master of time itself and future version of Kang the Conqueror, Immortus was responsible for manipulating Iron Man into various acts of villainy (including murder) against the Avengers during the controversial storyline, "The Crossing".

Iron Monger - Obadiah Stane (father of Ezekiel Stane), the business executive who stole Stark Enterprises from Tony Stark. He also found the mask of the first suit or weapon that Tony made in a cave and Obadiah perfected it and became the Iron Monger.

Justin Hammer - A businessman and rival of Tony Stark. He often pays superpowered "baddies" to sabotage Stark Enterprises. His daughter, Justine, is the villainess the Crimson Cowl.

Living Laser - A laser expert who eventually evolved into a being made of pure light energy.

Madame Masque - The daughter of Count Nefaria, she hides her scarred face behind a golden mask. She often has conflicted loyalties between her father and her lover, Iron Man.

Man-Bull - A villain who was turned into a humanoid bull through experiments.

The Mandarin - Considered by many to be Iron Man's greatest foe, the Mandarin is a Chinese nobleman, scientist and former diplomat turned criminal mastermind. His true power comes from his superhuman mastery of the martial arts and ten rings of power he recovered from an alien spaceship.

Melter - A former business competitor with a beam that can melt iron.

Minotaur - The son of a scientist whose cure for an unspecific disease mutated him into an actual minotaur

M.O.D.O.K. - A mutagenically altered technician of AIM with superior intelligence (Mobile Organism Designed Only for Killing)

Radioactive Man - A Chinese physicist who can manipulate radiation.

Raiders - costumed villains in powered armor suits

Spymaster - A mercenary and spy-for-hire.

Sunset Bain - An expert and genius in the field of cybernetics, she is a seller of technological wares for super-villains.

Temugin - Son of the The Mandarin

Thundersword - A television writer empowered by the Beyonder.

Titanium Man - A Soviet supersoldier clad in powered armor. Mentor to the Unicorn, who knew him as "the Other".

The Unicorn - A Soviet supersoldier who was healed and mentored by Titanium Man. His suit is equipped with a cone-shaped blaster on his head.

Ultimo - A Doomsday robot built by an unknown alien race and activated by the Mandarin.

Ultron - An android built by fellow Avenger Hank Pym and responsible for the Sentient Armor going rogue and a recent invasion of Tony Stark's body that transformed him into a robotic duplicate of Janet van Dyne.

Whirlwind - A costumed villain who can create strong whirlwinds by spinning.

War Machine/James Rhodes - An ex-piolet who Tony Stark befriend's while he is captive.James rupert Rhodes had taken over the Iron Man position when Stark had taken time to recover and started again after Stark's faked death. When Rhodes found out Stark wasn't dead and had lied to him Rhodes went berserk and kept the Iron Man suit adding a few additions and calling himself War Machine.

User Image
yeah what happed to the hulkbuster mk2 after hulk destroyed it did he rebuild it or what

2,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Crocodile_001
yeah what happed to the hulkbuster mk2 after hulk destroyed it did he rebuild it or what

After the Hulk Destroyed the mk3 suit Tony went and build the mk3 Hulkbuster.
I remember when Tony was actually Cool. sad that it is so long ago.

I miss the classical Armor
Lol. Godzilla. Good times, good times.
Is it bad that my favorite Iron Man comic is one that Tony isn't really even in? Hypervelocity FTW.
It's strange. I really like Tony Stark a lot. His character is very flawed, and funny. Two of the things I like in my characters. But, I've never really cared for Iron Man at all.

Ever since I was a kid I've thought that War Machine is a way better hero. Admittedly, there isn't much substance behind this decision. It's just the way it is with me.
I am a huge Captain America fan. I have been since I was in the third grade. So you can understand my current feelings about Mr. Stark, thanks to Civil War.

2,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Stuntman Bob
I am a huge Captain America fan. I have been since I was in the third grade. So you can understand my current feelings about Mr. Stark, thanks to Civil War.

User ImageLolUser Image
thx for the info but whats up with ultimate tony stark wtf y is a kid and why does he have just one armor oh and does he still use the extremis armor

Partying Sex Symbol

WoW i didnt kno there was a fan club! this is AWESOME!!!
After Secret Invasion, Tony got nailed with a Skrull virus that rendered all Starktech and for reasons, possibly because he modified the Etremis formula, resulted in Etremis being rendered inert in his body. Currently he is a fugitive by the reigning Norman Osborn who wants access to the Superhero Database that has all the registered heroes identities, which Stark cleverly uploaded into his brain and had a virus wipe out the hard copy. He is trying to modify his armor for his current state and is slowly deleting the area of his brain with the database. Osborn has publicly declared both Stark and Maria Hill fugitives and accused them of trying to broker a treaty with the Skrulls.
Crocodile_001
thx for the info but whats up with ultimate tony stark wtf y is a kid and why does he have just one armor oh and does he still use the extremis armor

He supposedly is a mutant with brain tissue everywhere? I haven't read it myself, but I think I read that in a summary somewhere. That might explain the Extremis-like armor.

No offense to Orson Scott Card, because he is a very talented sci-fi writer, but I'm not touching Ultimate Iron Man. Tony Stark is not Ender Wiggin.
GLJordan
I remember when Tony was actually Cool. sad that it is so long ago.

I miss the classical Armor

i feel the same way.
I miss tony's Light Jazz armor...
maybe MUZAK mark 4.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items