Welcome to Gaia! ::

So right now Image Comics is publishing every month, the most compelling monthly comics on the stand. Prophet, Saga, Fatale, and so many others are comics that make for great alternatives for readers wanting to avoid reading Marvel and DC books or just looking for a change. This thread is for people who are reading these books.

So what Image books are people reading right now and enjoying? I've really been enjoying the heck out of the Prophet monthly that Brandon Graham and various artists put out each month. Seriously, I'm surprised that a book like this comes out on a monthly basis or that Rob Liefeld of all people is behind this. This is a comic I'm excited to read on a monthly basis simply because I want to know what's going to show up next.

Also I'm reading Saga, but let's wait for other people to show up to talk about that book.

Familiar Phantom

Oh man, loving Saga so much you don't even know. Maybe some British bloke can argue this with me, but it feels like it should be serialized in 2000 AD or something. Or a 90's-early '00's Sci Fi channel show. I dunno, but I love it.

I bought an issue of Prophet but fell out of reading it. What's compelling to you in it?
Thief of Thieves has been the best crime book I've read in a long time. Spencer really was amazing in the first arc, and I'm hoping the next writer does as good a job.

Hilarious Humorist

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kyoujin Tsuru
Thief of Thieves has been the best crime book I've read in a long time. Spencer really was amazing in the first arc, and I'm hoping the next writer does as good a job.
i totally agree! do you have all first prints? i happened to stumble upon #1 when it first came out and bam i was hooked... its going for over $100 for the graded ones.. i want to sell mine but then again nooo! lol and i heard theyre making a show out of it.. lucky a** kirkman xD

Hilarious Humorist

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
image is selling out on all their new releases... i believe they owe kirkman a whole lot. im sure its thanks to him and walking dead thats boosted up image comics.
their new release "Harvest" is sold out nation wide. i missed its release on the first of august sad and ebay has them for 10$+ but i got lucky and found one in a small shop in my hometown, just havent been to pick it up. heard it was good. anyone read it?
and ive never read saga. what issue is it on maybe ill go get it today. im heading over for new releases today biggrin
THINK TANK is a good one too, check it out, #1 was just released and a few other new comics have been really good too. i enjoy their different stories. my little niece likes reading Artifacts 2
what other image comics do you recommend.

Hilarious Humorist

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Hilarious Humorist

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Let's see... trying to think of the image books I currently read. To be honest, if something isn't main-universe Marvel or DC, I have a hard time remembering the punisher. xd

Off the top of my head, Saga and Walking Dead. Saga is amazing so far, and I like Walking Dead enough to read it for 100 issues... but man, Walking Dead #100 just didn't do it for me. It was all shock value, and I didn't like it.

Think Tank has just started, but I'm enjoying that so far.

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Currently the only Image comic I'm reading is Glory though I do plan on checking out the Prophet TPB when it comes out, I'll probably give Saga a look as well. I'm not sure if I'm going to be adding anything else from them to my single issue pull list though. In fact I'm thinking about dropping Glory since they've announced a price hike in the near future. sad
lostphrack
In fact I'm thinking about dropping Glory since they've announced a price hike in the near future. sad

Right now, I'm reading Prophet, Glory and Saga and I'd put all three on my Top 5 Ongoings of 2012 (with Daredevil and Adventure Time with Finn and Jake if you're curious - sorry DC, but I, Vampire was so close to making the list...) but I don't read $3.99 titles, and $3.50 titles are iffy. I'd imagine, once they hike the prices, I'll be switching to trade and/or digital only.
Walking Dead #101 hit this week. Great read. I was surprised that the assault on the city didn't result in any casualties. Not surprised that it happened off panel though.
Wally_West
I bought an issue of Prophet but fell out of reading it. What's compelling to you in it?
For me, it is all about Brandon Graham. Graham brings a reckless and energy to everything he does. Here, its for a story that basically "Space Conan" and you can tell reading it that Brandon Graham is really committed to this idea. There's so many ideas in an issue its nuts. Any worries I had about the artists being able to bring Graham's ideas to life (since I'm a fan of Graham's art as well as his writing) have been quashed since Graham has picked artists that are in line with his aesthetic here. There is no other book like it on the stands and I look forward to it each month.

Versatile Receiver

I love Chew, and for a while I picked up Morning Glories but I dropped that cuz it was getting boring. I've been meaning to check out Saga and Glory too.

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gotta love Chew blaugh
So I've started reading Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillip's Fatale, which like Matt Kindt's Mind Mngt at Dark Horse, is kind of a dense read (though in a different way than Mind Mngt). Love, love, love Sean Phillips' art on this book but I'm getting used to doing so much reading with all of the narration going on in it. More thoughts on this after I get back from this weekend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff