Would never read a TF comic XP 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]
1 2 >

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
I'm an avid reader of IDW's Transformer comics, and I'm looking to get a little perspective from other folks who may not have been fans from the very beginning on the newest run of the franchise.

War is Over. In the IDW Transformers Universe the Autobots have won, and the ongoing split into two sections, one comic, Robots in Disguise, follows the transformers who begin rebuilding Cybertron in an intense political system.

In More Than Meets the Eye however, the Autobots that chose to leave Cybertron have flown into space to search for an ancient order of Cybertronians who created the golden age of their planet in the hopes of doing the same once more.

Except the Lost Light is lost, and its an adventure a plenty, world building, humor, characterization and depth I never thought would ever be found in a comic.

It's a lot of Z Listers, original characters and faces you may have not known, so while it does include snippets of back-knowledge, it is set up mostly for folks to come in and enjoy it whilst getting used to the comics.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Who needs 25 years of backstory to enjoy Swerve there?

The comic is still in it's first year, with the 11th issue coming out next week and an annual under its belt, it's been a fun start so far, but what do any of you guys have to say about it? =O

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
As a fan of Transformers, I've only heard good things about More Than Meets the Eye. Fans gushing about how good it is and the art style got me interested in reading it. Sadly I cannot have a discussion about it just yet. ^^;I haven't read beyond the first issue... I have the second one on order, though. X_X If my local comic shop will ever get back to me about my order. The wait is killing me. XD

Also, Rewind being in it is a plus. Despite what little he was in the G1 cartoon, I still liked him.

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
Hi there!

Glad to see someone found this topic, and happy that it is another fan =3

(Nice Skywarp pic by the way~)

Rewind is an awesome little dude, and I'm surprised how well a cassette character has made it aside being Blaster's minion, I won't reveal much because I don't wanna spoiler you any, but he has a surprisingly significant role in issues 9-11 that you may well enjoy ^^

Sad to hear your LCS hasn't gotten the order... But the first two trades have been released if that's any help?

Either that or comixology.com has been pretty awesome and it has the entire series for reading there?

Whichever route you wanna take to get the next slice, I hope you'll share your thoughts on issue 1 some more anyhow =B

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I haven't been a fan of IDWs run with Transformers. Mostly because at every turn they screw up EVERYTHING!

It's either the art style is so bland and crappy, it just turns me off or the long text boxes that cover all the art or it's just the story itself!

You know you have a bad comic book company, when a video game company(High Moon Studios) establishes new and canon continuity and fights Hasbro to have the side stories be told in novels, not by IDw and wins.

I've heard some good things about More Than Meets the Eye and seeing some prints, it looks 10x better than previous Transformers titles.

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
=o Huh, I can understand story with the Costa Ongoing run, but I've never had issues with the art or text placement

(Okay, that's a lie, again, Costa's incredibly frightening movie-look <_< That art made me shudder)

But I'd say the IDW quality we not have with John Barber and James Roberts excels anything IDW has made, even possibly past the Furman years!

It's not much, but here's the first issue's preview if that helps you decide any what you think and whether or not you wanna take the plunge on it =B

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11087

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Jazzfox
=o Huh, I can understand story with the Costa Ongoing run, but I've never had issues with the art or text placement

(Okay, that's a lie, again, Costa's incredibly frightening movie-look <_< That art made me shudder)

But I'd say the IDW quality we not have with John Barber and James Roberts excels anything IDW has made, even possibly past the Furman years!

It's not much, but here's the first issue's preview if that helps you decide any what you think and whether or not you wanna take the plunge on it =B

]http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11087

I guess it's because I was spoiled when DW had the series for a very short time. Best artwork of the G1 Transformers I've ever seen and the series "War Within" was amazing!

Robotic Exhibitionist

I'm embarrassingly addicted to MTMTE. The anticipation for #12 is borderline painful. I'm so attached to all the characters and I'm so worried about the upcoming fight. Anyone who enjoys Transformers is robbing themselves by not checking this series out. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

How about that last page of #11? I think I'm finally done freaking out over it.

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
Preston886
I guess it's because I was spoiled when DW had the series for a very short time. Best artwork of the G1 Transformers I've ever seen and the series "War Within" was amazing!

I remember loving War Within and such, but the DW era was a bit shudder worthy for me with Pat Lee on art <_<

I can't look at those panels without seeing all the hideously ridiculous mistakes TFwiki documented...

Also, nice Animated Optimus avvy, just realised, lol

AND Bampot! =D Didn't think I'd see anyone else from the IDW forum here, as you can see, Gaia lacked a topic for Transformers and I decided to make one, lol

Robotic Exhibitionist

Jazzfox
AND Bampot! =D Didn't think I'd see anyone else from the IDW forum here, as you can see, Gaia lacked a topic for Transformers and I decided to make one, lol

Ha, I know. I was so happy to finally see this topic and then I noticed the username. It's a small internet, after all. It's refreshing. I'd been thinking about making a topic for the IDW comics here, but didn't think I'd find any other readers.

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
XD I'd have thoguht the picture of an albino fox in a cast may have been the first big hint

Bytheby, is that a Prime Megs avvy you're working on?

Robotic Exhibitionist

Jazzfox
XD I'd have thoguht the picture of an albino fox in a cast may have been the first big hint

Bytheby, is that a Prime Megs avvy you're working on?

Hehe, it was the what made me actually scroll back up to check your name.

It's not really supposed to be any particular character. Just what I was able to make from the handful of mecha items Gaia gives us.

Also, to not get completely off topic, have we gotten a preview for RiD #12 yet? I'm still a little new with keeping up with the comics, but I thought they always posted them the Friday's before release.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Jazzfox
Preston886

I remember loving War Within and such, but the DW era was a bit shudder worthy for me with Pat Lee on art <_<

I can't look at those panels without seeing all the hideously ridiculous mistakes TFwiki documented...

Also, nice Animated Optimus avvy, just realised, lol

I didn't go for Animated Optimus. ******** that poser.

I went with Optimus Prime War for Cybertron.

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
Ah, so noted <_<

Well, traditionally it used to be you only got a preview the day before the comic release, but nowadays it can vary to any amount of time from the weekend, so it may well be today, or it could be tomorrow, we'll need to look and see, lol

Robotic Exhibitionist

Jazzfox
Well, traditionally it used to be you only got a preview the day before the comic release, but nowadays it can vary to any amount of time from the weekend, so it may well be today, or it could be tomorrow, we'll need to look and see, lol

Right after I read this, it was up, ha. Both previews are great. RiD has me on edge to see what will happen next and the Orion Pax Spotlight is just fantastically fun.

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
It was a nice read for 7 pages each, but I can't wait to read the full set tomorow =O

I gotta admit, I'm not sure now what to think will come from the Spotlight, I was expecting a direct follow on from Shadowplay, but now I wanna see where this goes, especially the new art style =B

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff