Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Gawker

Jackie-senpai
I assume that most of you heard about this. Oh DC, you really were asking for trouble with this one. Sadly I agree with several of the written in poll options, even some of the sillier ones. Can we just have a soft un-reboot DC?

I couldn't believe they made a poll like this when I first heard about it.

I didn't know that they took it down suddenly, either! I swear this company always looks like it's making arbitrary decisions, and then scrambling to make things work. They would lose so much face if they rescinded the whole reboot.

And the thing is, I actually don't mind the reboot - I just wish they would stop dropping the ball on so many things.

But that aside, how accurate is online polling for comics anyway? I mean, if they had an official website poll, or something. Are most comic buyers even on the internet for comics?

Questionable Senshi

10,000 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
CelestialChild
Jackie-senpai
I assume that most of you heard about this. Oh DC, you really were asking for trouble with this one. Sadly I agree with several of the written in poll options, even some of the sillier ones. Can we just have a soft un-reboot DC?

I didn't know that they took it down suddenly, either! I swear this company always looks like it's making arbitrary decisions, and then scrambling to make things work. They would lose so much face if they rescinded the whole reboot.

And the thing is, I actually don't mind the reboot - I just wish they would stop dropping the ball on so many things.

But that aside, how accurate is online polling for comics anyway? I mean, if they had an official website poll, or something. Are most comic buyers even on the internet for comics?

Oh I don't even totally hate the reboot myself. I like what they've done with Wonder Woman, Animal Man, Demon Knights, Batwoman, and the main Batman title. But like you said, for a lot of other things they've dropped the ball. They really should have gotten their s**t together and figured out the continuity issues before they launched the reboot and made sure to put their absolute best people on the titles at the time of launch. Not to mention all this bullshit they're pulling wth characters like Stephanie Brown, Cass Cain, Wally West, Donna Troy, ect. Just because one or two of the higher-ups at DC don't like some of these characters doesn't mean that the fans hate them too. Anyways, my point is that I'd either like for DC to get thier heads out of thier asses and unbench these characters, or just give us a soft un-reboot where they keep the things that seem to have been successful and sort of marry the old DCU with the new 52.

And I have no idea how accurate online polls are. I'm not even sure that they would have gotten more votes if the poll had been on their official website. So many people use facebook that it seems like FB should be a good place to gague people's feelings. The big problem is that it was an open poll, where people could write in whatever answers they wanted. I'm sure there were people that completely ignored the official answers.
Like others I do prefer to old DCU but I must say I don't hate it. I have a few issues with it but nothing horrible. I especially like Batwoman but her continuity really isn't changed at all so that is probably why I like it so much, and she is just such an amazing character. I am also reading Teen Titans, The new 52 Teen Titans aren't my favorite, but I do find myself enjoying the stories. Also I am really loving Red Hood and the Outlaws! biggrin
Jackie-senpai
CelestialChild
Jackie-senpai

Oh I don't even totally hate the reboot myself. I like what they've done with Wonder Woman, Animal Man, Demon Knights, Batwoman, and the main Batman title. But like you said, for a lot of other things they've dropped the ball. They really should have gotten their s**t together and figured out the continuity issues before they launched the reboot and made sure to put their absolute best people on the titles at the time of launch. Not to mention all this bullshit they're pulling wth characters like Stephanie Brown, Cass Cain, Wally West, Donna Troy, ect. Just because one or two of the higher-ups at DC don't like some of these characters doesn't mean that the fans hate them too. Anyways, my point is that I'd either like for DC to get thier heads out of thier asses and unbench these characters, or just give us a soft un-reboot where they keep the things that seem to have been successful and sort of marry the old DCU with the new 52.

And I have no idea how accurate online polls are. I'm not even sure that they would have gotten more votes if the poll had been on their official website. So many people use facebook that it seems like FB should be a good place to gague people's feelings. The big problem is that it was an open poll, where people could write in whatever answers they wanted. I'm sure there were people that completely ignored the official answers.

It seems to be that there's this insular bubble around the people behind the DCnU and they keep telling each other that this whole thing is a good idea. So putting up a poll like this they were expecting mostly cheering input from happy customers. Hopefully this may be a clue to them that many readers aren't thinking what they are thinking and as with most of the Didio reign at DC the good books are coming out in spite of editorial and not as a result of the paradigms he's pushed.

Liberal Werewolf

9,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Heh, I know some of the people that put those silly choices on that poll. Hopefully DC will get the message, but I'm seriously doubting it. I'm not totally hating the New 52, since Scott Snyder has been doing a decent job, but what really irks me the most is the fact that they were told to write like they were writing Fan Fiction. Now, not all fan fiction is bad, I know, but still. Not the wording I would have used. But really, we just need to get back to the good old days. They know what people are hating, and what they're liking. Keep Aquaman badass, but the things that aren't working out need to be fixed. It's not rocket science.

On another note, the short story Tease at the end of Batman 13 was pretty good. Mostly because Harley got out of that ridiculous outfit but still. Pretty good short.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff