Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
i'm reading pretty much everything batman-related, particularly red hood and the outlaws
i'm also reading teen titans and animal man

so, what are you reading?
how do you like the new 52?
I prefer the old 52.
I'm loving the new DC 52. Especially Scott Syner's Batman & Peter Tomasi's Batman and Robin. Justice League, Teen Titans, & Ravagers are also some of my favs too.
I love it so much I stopped buying any and all DC comics the instant it came out.
It was good timing for me as I'd rediscovered my love for Batman around then, however whilst I'm collecting a few titles and enjoying the fanservice and most the artwork (particularly Red Hood and the Outlaws) there are just too many boo-boos.

Then again the Batman and Robin War of the Robins! issue made my fangirl life so.

Also anyone got news on the take-away-DC's-red-marker-for-the-love-of-God-plan? How's that going?
Wally_West
I love it so much I stopped buying any and all DC comics the instant it came out.

That's sad.
X-Noble-X
Wally_West

That's sad.

Nothing sad about not spending money something that you don't want to support.

Hilarious Lunatic

I'd rather dig my eyes out with a plastic spoon than support nuDC. It's less painful.
Kyoujin Tsuru
X-Noble-X
Wally_West

That's sad.

I just think that with so many titles, it's sad he couldn't find 1 that he thought it was interesting. I believe Scott Snyder did an amazing job with Court of Owls. I also have been enjoying Geoff Johns' Justice League. Justice League International surprised me. Wish that title wasn't being canceled.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

11,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Wally_West

Ditto. stare 3nodding
X-Noble-X
Kyoujin Tsuru
X-Noble-X
Wally_West

That's sad.

I just think that with so many titles, it's sad he couldn't find 1 that he thought it was interesting. I believe Scott Snyder did an amazing job with Court of Owls. I also have been enjoying Geoff Johns' Justice League. Justice League International surprised me. Wish that title wasn't being canceled.
I read the first Justice League trade. Complete rubbish. If that's their premier title, then they're screwed. Its a principle position for many of us. DC has turned over creative control to people who have no business running that show. They've brought in a bunch of "talent" whose best days weren't that great to begin with, and those were about 15 years ago. Artists are being given writers jobs. Editors haven't bothered actually editing for Lord knows how long. All the really great stuff that came out of DC seemed to be in spite of Dan DiDio, and when the powers that be decided let's hit the big reset button, because continuity and character development shouldn't stand in the way of bringing back all the sliver age characters, then many of us were done.

We didn't leave DC Comics. DC Comics left us.

Hilarious Lunatic

Justice League: The Reset was made to ask the burning question: who is the biggest p***k in the nuDC 52. After fighting off a determined Superman, we found out the answer is still Hal Jordan.
Chris Powell
Justice League: The Reset was made to ask the burning question: who is the biggest p***k in the nuDC 52. After fighting off a determined Superman, we found out the answer is still Hal Jordan.
Ever the champ. I thought he was the GL coming out of the closet after reading that trade. I've seen some overcompensation in my time, but he's utterly ridiculous.

Dangerous Visionary

Kyoujin Tsuru
I read the first Justice League trade. Complete rubbish. If that's their premier title, then they're screwed. Its a principle position for many of us. DC has turned over creative control to people who have no business running that show. They've brought in a bunch of "talent" whose best days weren't that great to begin with, and those were about 15 years ago. Artists are being given writers jobs. Editors haven't bothered actually editing for Lord knows how long. All the really great stuff that came out of DC seemed to be in spite of Dan DiDio, and when the powers that be decided let's hit the big reset button, because continuity and character development shouldn't stand in the way of bringing back all the sliver age characters, then many of us were done.

We didn't leave DC Comics. DC Comics left us.

User Image

Seriously well said. I'm not even reading the trades yet. Too busy actually enjoying comics again with things like Saga, TMNT, Sailor Moon, and trade versions of various Oni press titles. I mean damnit when did comics become such a chore and political? They were suppose to be for fun. gonk

Super Genius

Change for the sake of change is unnecessary. It's like DC wanted to do an Ultimate universe where they could ******** everything up . . . but didn't want to go through the expense of launching a whole new universe, so they just screwed over the main line.

I still read it, but there are a lot of things I don't like, and it's getting worse all the time. Lex comes off as more effeet and, to be honest, limp wristed than the version I enjoyed. And removing everything "Clark Kent" from Superman is an incredibly stupid idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games