Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ms. Selina Kyle
You are correct, I am striving to point out the fundamental inaccuracy of your argument because you do not seem to comprehend that "realistic" and "grounded in reality" are not the same thing, and that putting Nolan's Joker against (for example) Jack Nicholson, neither is more grounded in reality than the other.

Nolan's Joker is a different take. It is not more realistic or more grounded in reality.
Shiko got what I was trying to say and the argument was over, you came in afterwards and got on me for my use of the word realistic. If you read the whole conversation, Shiko even said she doesn't like "boringly realistic" movies and I based my conversation on that. You really didn't need to butt in and say anything, you just felt like correcting me for no reason since the conversation didn't pertain to you. If you have something to say to Shiko about her topic, than take it with her and don't go to me. I could care less about your opinion on this or how I use the word realistic. With that I bid you adieu.
Silly me, trying to start a dialogue in a forum. What's that about? Next thing you know I'll expect people to answer back in a way that moves the conversation forward, defending or conceding their positions based on supportable evidence or well-reasoned opinion, as opposed to consistent evasion and logical fallacies.

It's like I think that's the whole point of a forum or something.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Ms. Selina Kyle
Silly me, trying to start a dialogue in a forum. What's that about? Next thing you know I'll expect people to answer back in a way that moves the conversation forward, defending or conceding their positions based on supportable evidence or well-reasoned opinion, as opposed to consistent evasion and logical fallacies.

It's like I think that's the whole point of a forum or something.
Thank you for putting that person in his place, I am not good with words.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Joksta
Ms. Selina Kyle
You are correct, I am striving to point out the fundamental inaccuracy of your argument because you do not seem to comprehend that "realistic" and "grounded in reality" are not the same thing, and that putting Nolan's Joker against (for example) Jack Nicholson, neither is more grounded in reality than the other.

Nolan's Joker is a different take. It is not more realistic or more grounded in reality.
Shiko got what I was trying to say and the argument was over, you came in afterwards and got on me for my use of the word realistic. If you read the whole conversation, Shiko even said she doesn't like "boringly realistic" movies and I based my conversation on that. You really didn't need to butt in and say anything, you just felt like correcting me for no reason since the conversation didn't pertain to you. If you have something to say to Shiko about her topic, than take it with her and don't go to me. I could care less about your opinion on this or how I use the word realistic. With that I bid you adieu.
I agree with everything Selina Kyle said, I just am not good with words.

Beloved Vampire

9,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I think the best joker I've seen in Arkham Asylum as the way he's portrayed as equally silly and menacing. Out of the films I definitely prefer Jack Nicholson as not only do I prefer the 90's films because there more comic but I also think Jack Nicholson has so much fun in the role and fits the role really well.
didn't see it, not in a hurry to,rest in peace Heath Ledger

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces