Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Here's one example of why I like the Joker so much.

Comic book/Tim Burton Joker: Pull out one gun, pull the trigger, and out comes a flag that says "BANG!" as the Joker laughs at the torment his victim suffered. While his victim is relieved, he pulls out another gun and shoots his victim right between the eyes, laughing again.

Christopher Nolan's abortion who is nothing like a crazy killer clown, merely crazy: pulls out a real gun, no charming yet evil antics whatsoever.

Honestly, whoever wrote The Dark Knight sucked out the Joker's soul leaving only the crazy and sadism.

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
The films aren't exactly canon are they? The Joker has even been a good guy in other universes.
Noland's Joker is more of a real world interpretation of the character. His version was also created to be the moral opposite of Noland's Batman, meaning they were more concerned with creating a Joker that was a perfect compliment to their interpretation of Batman than making him a deranged madman who constantly laughs at his own jokes. Every different Batman had a different Joker to counter him, which is the main point of the character.

Also, if they went the over the top "funny Joker" route with him in the realistic Nolandverse, I think it would take people out of the movie, and people would take the character less seriously as he constantly makes puns and jokes. I personally think the Noland Joker's was funny enough without having to resort to bang flags and giant hammers and laughing gas.

I also personally wasn't a fan of Tim Burton's Joker, he fell in love (which in my opinion is crazy enough already) with a woman he saw once in a photograph. Seriously?

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
HohnTTD
Noland's Joker is more of a real world interpretation of the character. His version was also created to be the moral opposite of Noland's Batman, meaning they were more concerned with creating a Joker that was a perfect compliment to their interpretation of Batman than making him a deranged madman who constantly laughs at his own jokes. Every different Batman had a different Joker to counter him, which is the main point of the character.

Also, if they went the over the top "funny Joker" route with him in the realistic Nolandverse, I think it would take people out of the movie, and people would take the character less seriously as he constantly makes puns and jokes. I personally think the Noland Joker's was funny enough without having to resort to bang flags and giant hammers and laughing gas.

I also personally wasn't a fan of Tim Burton's Joker, he fell in love (which in my opinion is crazy enough already) with a woman he saw once in a photograph. Seriously?
I hate Nolan's Batman universe as a whole. I sure as heck am not going to watch Batman Begins OR the third movie if/when it comes out.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Rim The Mofo Sky
The films aren't exactly canon are they? The Joker has even been a good guy in other universes.
True. But even the 1960's TV Joker is more enjoyable than Nolan's Joker if you ask me.
HohnTTD
he fell in love (which in my opinion is crazy enough already)

So you're saying...that Batman has never been in love? Or just that you don't think he should ever have been in love?
Grimesby
HohnTTD
he fell in love (which in my opinion is crazy enough already)

So you're saying...that Batman has never been in love? Or just that you don't think he should ever have been in love?

What? No, I mean Joker. Joker is uncaring towards anyone else. I think it out of his character (or at least the non campy versions) for him to fall in love. Take Harley Quinn for example, he doesn't really love her. He's only playing on her affections and using her to get what he wants.

Although I could understand some people's arguments about Joker "loving" Batman. But personally I think that's more of a deep obsession with playing with him and testing him than love.
Y'know, I've never really seen the appeal myself. Here you have this charming gentleman with dashing good looks and enough swagger to give ol Brucey boy a run for his money. Not to mention he's a sophisticated artist with a good sense of humor. What more do people want? I honestly don't understand today's youth. That cheap, watered down version of yours truly is a disgrace to the name Joker. Now, I understand that Mr. Nolan wanted to take a more "realistic approach" with these films, but let's be honest, shall we? A man who dresses up as a flying rodent, stalks and ruthlessly beats down mentally ill civilians, a failed brilliant comedian who somehow falls into a vat of chemicals and goes loooooooney toons, an overgrown mexican wrestler, a tree hugger gone bonkers enough to turn herself into a vegetable, a walking pair of crocodile boots in the making, and a man who keeps himself immortal by swimming around in a pit full of Lazarus juju.

These are just the tip of the old iceberg, my friend. Gotham's full of nonsensical nutjobs. Most of them wear capes. But I'm sure you get my point. Gotham and realism do not mix well, and when they do mix, it becomes...unpleasant.

User Image

User Image

Cracks me up every time.
First of all, massive kudos and agreement to the Joker's post.

I thought Nolan's joker was a fascinating take on the Joker, in a way that was its own charater in itself, just like in many of the other Batman movies and universes we've already seen. His sanity, or lack of, takes different forms. This one wasn't truly meant to be "charming". I liked it in its own way, although my personal Joker preference lies with Mark Hamill's.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
It's just a different viewpoint of a well known character. It's not like we expect the Joker to be sane to begin with regardless of what version of him you liked.

I grew up watching the old Batman television series and reading the older DC comics. Even though I loved Cesear Romero's version as the best, I didn't mind the other incarnations of Batman's nemesis.

Original Trafficker

I like Christopher Nolan's Joker. He was just the right amount of crazy for me, it worked well in the movie. Also, it's a movie..... they're never going to make a perfect one.

2,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Estela von Drachenstein
I like Christopher Nolan's Joker. He was just the right amount of crazy for me, it worked well in the movie. Also, it's a movie..... they're never going to make a perfect one.

I agree. I enjoyed the Nolan's Joker, but I didn't enjoy Nolan's fight scenes (but that's okay). Stop beating a dead horse, if you didn't like Nolan's Joker don't watch the movie or don't watch Nolan's next Batman movie. Leave it alone already.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Faia no Renkinjutsushi
Stop beating a dead horse
Care to show me the many millions of threads I made on the subject?

Oh right, I only made 1 or 2. Hardly beating a dead horse. confused
The Joker is a psychopath, technically his only appeal is that he takes joy in causing harm with the whole joker theme. Christopher Nolan took a realistic look at the character and it's not like he didn't play with his victims, he just did it in a more sadistic way. I enjoyed the grittier version of the Joker, the scarred smile, smeared make-up and filthy hair with bits of green, the whole amoral attitude. It's not a good idea to pull back a character to cartoonish propotions, especially not for a academy award winning film director.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Joksta
The Joker is a psychopath, technically his only appeal is that he takes joy in causing harm with the whole joker theme. Christopher Nolan took a realistic look at the character and it's not like he didn't play with his victims, he just did it in a more sadistic way. I enjoyed the grittier version of the Joker, the scarred smile, smeared make-up and filthy hair with bits of green, the whole amoral attitude. It's not a good idea to pull back a character to cartoonish propotions, especially not for a academy award winning film director.
Except I don't watch comic book movies to see them be boringly realistic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff