Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tsuki Hoshiko's Husband

Distinct Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how long Hal Jordan has been a Green Lantern? I know he was the first one from Earth, but I was wondering how long he's been one. I only read the Green Lantern: Rebirth series and 40 issues of the volume 4 GL series. I know he was dead for awhile after saving the Earth from the dying sun. also I remember in one of the issues Hal was asking something about the average life expectancy of a GL and his ring said around 4 years.
By current canon about 5 to 10 years since the DCnU has only about 10 years of History established and the Justice league was established five of those years ago.

Tsuki Hoshiko's Husband

Distinct Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Obsidianwolf
By current canon about 5 to 10 years since the DCnU has only about 10 years of History established and the Justice league was established five of those years ago.
I don't really like how DC did a reboot of everything and made it where Superheroes just started appearing 5 years ago.

Steadfast Protector

Kazuki Hinamori
Obsidianwolf
I don't really like how DC did a reboot of everything and made it where Superheroes just started appearing 5 years ago.

I don't like it either.

However, I'm sure they'll say the JSA, the Freedom Fighters and the All-Star Squadron were
active until the 1950s and semi-retired or retired during the McCarthy hearings and the
House Unamerican Activities Committee.

Hilarious Genius

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
DC ruined some really good stories with there new 52 reboot. the one that hit me the hardest was Green Arrow. they had a great story going where he killed a bad guy in an act of revenge for the murder of his granddaughter, the banishment from star city, his divorce and everything that took place with the brightest day story. the reboot killed it all.

Hilarious Genius

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
however if you ignore the other comics in the reboot and stick to the Green Lantern stories, at least for them nothing changed... Thank the stars!!!

Distinct Genius

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
...and along came Simon Baz.

What do you guys think about him? A good replacement for Hal, where-ever that original lantern may be...

..also, what happened to John Stewart?

Tsuki Hoshiko's Husband

Distinct Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Zane Strife

What do you guys think about him? A good replacement for Hal, where-ever that original lantern may be...

I don't like Simon, in my opinion Earth has too many GL's. Kyle is better than this new guy. Kyle came along because Hal killed everyone else. this guy Simon just came out of nowhere

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Zane Strife

Stewart still exists, doesn't he? I thought he was mentioned recently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff