Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Phantom

7,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
matt_ginger
Yes... The comics are better than the movie. I'd try GL New Guardians or GL Corps. (And I think someone said pretty much the same thing.. XD
Or try snagging some GL comics from after Zero Hour. Those are pretty epic-ER than the movie.

Steadfast Protector

Abutterflydream
WooSina
Abutterflydream
After I saw the movie I was wondering about the comics.. Are the comics better or the movie?

Comics are way* better.

Take a look for the following trade paperbacks:

Green Lantern: Greatest Stories Ever Told
Green Lantern/Green Arrow 1
Green Lantern/Green Arrow 2
Zero Hour

Your local comic store should have these. If they don't, they can order them for you.

The first is a collection of some fantastic GL stories compiled together.
GL/GA 1&2 are probably the best written/drawn GL ever. I'd say that they're a 'must have' for GL fans.

Zero Hour is Hal going evil. Really evil. Epic story on the grandest scale.

I actually really liked the movie. Reynolds did a great job as Hal. I thought that overall it was a good origin story. But, I also hate origin stories as movies.

Thank you very much! heart

I have heard Hal and Green Arrow don't get along to well... However, I must say so far I love Green Arrow too!

I'll give them all a try!

Hal Jordan and Oliver Queen worked as well as it did because of their ideological differences.
Hal is a Policeman (Establishment) and Ollie is a liberal (anti-Establishment.)

Emerald Twilight was Hal finally snapping, after the Guardians treated him poorly and stupidly
one too many times. THAT ended with Hal going evil.

Zero Hour had Hal THINKING he was a hero, and trying to save everything.
He almost DESTROYED everything in the process.
I liked both, actually. Both made sense at the time-as did "Final Night", the threat of
the Sun-Eater, ended by Hal finally saving the world.
And Day of Judgement, when hell froze over and a new host for the Spectre was needed....
and Hal Jordan was it.

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Abutterflydream
After I saw the movie I was wondering about the comics.. Are the comics better or the movie?
Oh for the love of God and all that is Holy the comics by far!!!

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
TheWikkedJester
As long as Hal isn't in them, or he's getting his a** kicked they tend to be good. When Hal is playing Green Jesus because Geoff Johns has a ragging hard on for him, they tend to suck.
Never thought of his treatment of the character that way but so true now that I think about it...

Shadowy Shapeshifter

The comics are pretty good. As suggested earlier, Corps and Zero Hour are really lovely. 3nodding

In a relationship with Anoaku

Timid Kitten

Achikah
The comics are pretty good. As suggested earlier, Corps and Zero Hour are really lovely. 3nodding

Thank You! I'll try them out
gl has some ups and downs, but for the most part has for most of it's history been pretty damn good.

hal is my favorite. i like guy too. i don't like the other two earth lanterns.

Feline Sex Symbol

11,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The comics are way better than the movie. By like a long shot... and the animated series on cartoon network is good too. The movie is borderline awful in comparison

Liberal Elocutionist

>People who think the Green Lantern movie is better than the comics.
>People who get buttmad that Ryan Reynolds plays as two comic characters even though neither character will ever cross paths with the other in cinematic canon.

User Image

The Green Lantern movie is exactly what you'd expect from DC, who allows corporate meddling with their movies.
The Dark Knight trilogy was decent enough, albeit whitewashed in the first and third movies, and lacking in great female leads in the second.
Other than that, stay away from all cinematic DC.
Their cartoon lineup, however, is amazing.
Young Justice, Justice League/ Unlimited, Teen Titans, etc. completely throw Marvel's cartoons under the bus.

As far as Green Lantern comics go, I'm boycotting the New 52 since the majority of it is distasteful at best.
I recommend those written before the reboot.
Blackest Night and Brightest Day were really, really popular and successful stories, and I enjoyed them immensely.
Conveniently enough, you don't have to look through back issues to collect the stories, as they are already collected in paperback anthologies (or hardback if you prefer that, but it will cost you more).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff