Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Anoaku

Timid Kitten

After I saw the movie I was wondering about the comics.. Are the comics better or the movie?
My brother loves the comics. He says that he currently is enjoying Green Lantern The New Guardians & Green Lantern Corps. I say give the comic a shot. You may like it more than the movie.

Timid Kitten

biggrin Thank you very much! I'll see if I can find the comics next time I go to a comic book store!

Dangerous Visionary

Abutterflydream
biggrin Thank you very much! I'll see if I can find the comics next time I go to a comic book store!

Or your public library. Why buy what you can read for free says I! Put those tax dollars to work. 3nodding

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
The movie was alright. I grew up reading the comics. Hollywood has a way with exaggerating small details or making things up as they go along.

Timid Kitten

Miss-dark8607
Abutterflydream

Or your public library. Why buy what you can read for free says I! Put those tax dollars to work. 3nodding

Oh, how I wish I could! I feel the same way! Just I live in a very small town and the library really doesn't have much comic books.. sweatdrop

Dangerous Visionary

Abutterflydream
Miss-dark8607
Abutterflydream

Oh, how I wish I could! I feel the same way! Just I live in a very small town and the library really doesn't have much comic books.. sweatdrop

Ask if they can borrow outside of their branches. 3nodding
As long as Hal isn't in them, or he's getting his a** kicked they tend to be good. When Hal is playing Green Jesus because Geoff Johns has a ragging hard on for him, they tend to suck.

Widow

Mewling Lover

Comes the darksome++dragon flying,
Nídhogg, upward++from Nitha Fells;
he bears in his pinions++as the plain he o’erflies,
naked corpses:++now he will sink.
++Vǫluspá; LXV

Comics, definitely! Of course, I get thinking throughout the movie "Ryan Reynolds, noo! You are supposed to be Deadpool!" But its okay now, since he's pretty much the only one whose signed on for the 2014 release of the Deadpool movie smile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Abutterflydream
After I saw the movie I was wondering about the comics.. Are the comics better or the movie?
Comics are alot better .

Timid Kitten

Crystal Spyglass
Comes the darksome++dragon flying,
Nídhogg, upward++from Nitha Fells;
he bears in his pinions++as the plain he o’erflies,
naked corpses:++now he will sink.
++Vǫluspá; LXV

Comics, definitely! Of course, I get thinking throughout the movie "Ryan Reynolds, noo! You are supposed to be Deadpool!" But its okay now, since he's pretty much the only one whose signed on for the 2014 release of the Deadpool movie smile

I know! I felt the same way cause I really loved him as Deadpool! I really loved the Green Lantern movie, just wasn't sure how to feel abput him playing in it.. Now I don't mind at all!

I can't wait for 2014!!!! heart
Abutterflydream

Comics are way* better.

Take a look for the following trade paperbacks:

Green Lantern: Greatest Stories Ever Told
Green Lantern/Green Arrow 1
Green Lantern/Green Arrow 2
Zero Hour

Your local comic store should have these. If they don't, they can order them for you.

The first is a collection of some fantastic GL stories compiled together.
GL/GA 1&2 are probably the best written/drawn GL ever. I'd say that they're a 'must have' for GL fans.

Zero Hour is Hal going evil. Really evil. Epic story on the grandest scale.

I actually really liked the movie. Reynolds did a great job as Hal. I thought that overall it was a good origin story. But, I also hate origin stories as movies.

Timid Kitten

WooSina
Abutterflydream

Comics are way* better.

Take a look for the following trade paperbacks:

Green Lantern: Greatest Stories Ever Told
Green Lantern/Green Arrow 1
Green Lantern/Green Arrow 2
Zero Hour

Your local comic store should have these. If they don't, they can order them for you.

The first is a collection of some fantastic GL stories compiled together.
GL/GA 1&2 are probably the best written/drawn GL ever. I'd say that they're a 'must have' for GL fans.

Zero Hour is Hal going evil. Really evil. Epic story on the grandest scale.

I actually really liked the movie. Reynolds did a great job as Hal. I thought that overall it was a good origin story. But, I also hate origin stories as movies.

Thank you very much! heart

I have heard Hal and Green Arrow don't get along to well... However, I must say so far I love Green Arrow too!

I'll give them all a try!
The movie was god aweful!!!! the comics are so much better! i strongly recommend reading the older ones at least i can't really say much about the new ones because i hate them all so far but the older original ones are my favorite comics by far
Yes... The comics are better than the movie. I'd try GL New Guardians or GL Corps. (And I think someone said pretty much the same thing.. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff