Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Regular

I recently read GL #20 including the epilogues, I'm wondering what you guys think about how they wrote off actual endings for the characters? I'm also curious about Kyle Rayner, when they said his light faded do you think that he simply used up the charge of the white ring or did it mean he was healing people until the day he died
I didn't like the epilogues. I hated the whole "Everyone lives super duper happily ever after" thing they had.

Tipsy Regular

deadguy
I didn't like the epilogues. I hated the whole "Everyone lives super duper happily ever after" thing they had.
there was some humor, kyle rayner looked like he became jesus even growing the hair

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
I'm not super enthusiastic about the "endings." I mean, I understand WHY you'd want to cap off your run like that, but it really only works if it's a case like "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow." In that case, the continuity was going to be erased, so in a sense, that WAS the last Superman comic--of that universe. But with this one, it's kinda like... who are you to dictate what's going to happen to these characters? There's still going to be tons of stories about them, written by a bunch of different writers... and it's doubtful they're going to feel like shaping their narratives to fit these predetermined "endings."

Unholy Lunatic

12,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
my fave part was when sinestro took control of paralax and hal made nekron his b***h

AY-104's Sidekick

Tipsy Millionaire

7,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
C'mon! Atrocitus finally getting his revenge on the Guardians. To see him take his rage out on the last remaining Guardian (I just image it's Ganthet) is priceless.

I also have the New-52 set from 2011 (minus #7), so with that in mind I hope they continue releasing storylines for the Red Lanterns.

We can't have enough Atrocitus and Bleez

Unholy Lunatic

12,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Zil Leonti SIKH
C'mon! Atrocitus finally getting his revenge on the Guardians. To see him take his rage out on the last remaining Guardian (I just image it's Ganthet) is priceless.

I also have the New-52 set from 2011 (minus #7), so with that in mind I hope they continue releasing storylines for the Red Lanterns.

We can't have enough Atrocitus and Bleez
red lanterns issue 21 is out soon and he never got to the last guardian as ganthet and sayd are in hiding

Bossu-san's Husband

Devoted Friend

9,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Loved the tribute to Geoff Johns in Green Lantern[] #20 and the fact that they left Hal's past intact, despite DC's "Pew 52" disaster. And Relic resembles an alien Fixer (of Marvel's Thunderbolts).
They were kinda cheesy, but can easily be retconned or even ignored. Anyone else notice that Glomulus was with Kyle?

I'm not sure what to expect with the new team. I'm kinda "scared" since I've been following Johns run for the last what nine years? Change can be good, but scarey!

Unholy Lunatic

12,325 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Mufasnine
They were kinda cheesy, but can easily be retconned or even ignored. Anyone else notice that Glomulus was with Kyle?

I'm not sure what to expect with the new team. I'm kinda "scared" since I've been following Johns run for the last what nine years? Change can be good, but scarey!
so far the new creative teams seem to be doing a good job
I was impressed with the new ones, especially Larfleeze.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff