Welcome to Gaia! ::

While Marvel's boasting strong female characters such as Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel and Image is putting out kick a** books like Rat Queens and Saga, DC seems to be losing sight of the times by releasing pinup variants and alienating their female readers.

But now, either by accident or as a sign of changes to come, Batgirl is getting a completely new look, and damn does she ever look badass.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thoughts? Is DC finally getting its act together?

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Hey, I like those pinup variants. xp Also, Harley Quinn is selling better than all of those books you mentioned and Wonder Woman is doing pretty well too. Diana's getting her third book pretty soon in Sensation Comics, which I'm pretty excited for.

Batgirl's new costume is great, but I've had no desire to read her book at all since her paralysis got 'fixed'. I'd say most of their worst decisions were made around the beginning of the new 52. Stephanie Brown being back is a better sign of changes to come, but DC still has a ways to go.
Eh. Harley Quinn sells so well because lots of dudes buy it in order to, uh, tip off the inspector.
Yobyaxes N
Hope you don't mind me disliking this stupid topic.

Oh, I don't care. Wouldn't mind hearing why, though.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
It seems like they've made a few positive changes lately, what with Harley Quinn doing so well, Stephanie Brown coming back, Harper Row becoming Blue Bird, and the upcoming Gotham Academy title.
Yobyaxes N
Slacker Spice
Yobyaxes N
Hope you don't mind me disliking this stupid topic.

Oh, I don't care. Wouldn't mind hearing why, though.

Because it pretty much wouldn't matter how Batgirl looks like, most women aren't going to suddenly read comics. If anything, Marvel and DC are doing the things they're doing to appease the feminists that have recently forced their way into geek culture and demanded to change it to appeal more to what they want, not to come enjoy what's currently out there.

...Because what's currently out there is utter s**t.
Winniwyn
It seems like they've made a few positive changes lately, what with Harley Quinn doing so well, Stephanie Brown coming back, Harper Row becoming Blue Bird, and the upcoming Gotham Academy title.

Harper's another one. We haven't seen much of her in Batman lately, for obvious reasons, and I dropped Eternal a while back, so I'd kinda forgotten about her. But I'm always happy to see her around.
Bana Banana
Hey, I like those pinup variants. xp Also, Harley Quinn is selling better than all of those books you mentioned and Wonder Woman is doing pretty well too. Diana's getting her third book pretty soon in Sensation Comics, which I'm pretty excited for.

Batgirl's new costume is great, but I've had no desire to read her book at all since her paralysis got 'fixed'. I'd say most of their worst decisions were made around the beginning of the new 52. Stephanie Brown being back is a better sign of changes to come, but DC still has a ways to go.

I know what you mean. I was really disappointed that they took her out of her wheelchair. she was so amazing as oracle and was great representation. that said, I love her costume change
Yobyaxes N
Then don't read it.

Ugh.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Ehh I don't really like her new design. It looks too kiddish to me and not really badass at all.

9,775 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I actually like that look. Sucks Gail Simone left right as I got into her run

Ghost Enthusiast

17,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I really like this. I'm so sick of seeing women in comics with boobs so big it looks like they'll fall over when they walk. *coughwonderwomancough*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff