Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Raider

Hey guys and girls kind of bored and looking for a good comic book to read so feel free to send me your favorites and ones I may like.

Friendly Raider

TheHorrorMan
I think you might like this, but it might really, really scare you...

Wow that looks so awesome thank you so much.

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
Hmmmm....incredible comics.....Anything by Stan Lee or Chris Claremont....Tom Strong by Alan Moore, Buddha by Osamu Tezuka, Maus by Art Spiegelman, Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan, Sandman by Neil Gaiman, Akira by Katsuhiro Otomo.....need more?

Really depends on your taste. Mine are a bit, off, but I do have some suggestions.

Spider-Man 2099 by Peter David, old and current. SM2099 is hilarious. Miguel is a lovable a*****e. Peter David is high on snark and it really shows through Miguel's attitude. After PD got off the book, it went into a sharp decline. If you like Peter Parker, maybe skip this and the next two.

Scarlet Spider by Chris Yost. Kaine is cured of his celluar degeneration and now has a chance to live his life. Unfortunately, after robbing smugglers in Texas, Kaine becomes the protector of Houston and a girl, Aracely, who is possessed by an Aztec God. Kaine is capable of humor, more through dry, ruthless shouts and thoughts. It definitely put a lot of faith into Yost for me as I hated Kaine since Ben died.

The Superior Spider-Man by Dan Slott. I loved this series to death. It's not only a joy as the misadventure of Dr. Octopus in Peter's body escalates with each episode, but it is filled with a ton of meta. The genre was flipped on its head in a ballsy, but necessary move. Love it or love to hate it, your choice.

Thanos: Infinity Revelations by Jim Starlin. If you like Thanos but never heard of Starlin, you've been doing it wrong. Starlin is back to reclaim Thanos and Adam Warlock in his mind-bending, universal drama that simultaneously takes place between two universe to very different degrees. Its really Starlin's way of questioning the reader if they are ok with vary levels of misinterpretation and the state of the comic industry. A good chunk of it is the annoyance of Starlin and how people have handled Thanos and Warlock while he was gone.

The Infinity Gauntlet by Jim Starlin. This is the epic crossover in which Thanos amped up his game to please death and ultimately validate himself. The Avengers weren't avenged, the X-men Xterminated, and the only thing standing between Thanos and complete universal destruction is Adam Warlock and what's left of the Defenders.

Death of Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin. At this point you can see that I like Starlin. As it stands, Starlin is the grandfather of cosmic Marvel, paving the way for the others that would follow. Mar-Vell is a fascinating character largely by his role as a person. A former Kree solider, Mar-Vell was stationed on earth to see if it can be used as an outpost in the war. Mar-Vell fell in love with earth and stood against his people and was later known as Mar-Vell. Despite gaining cosmic awareness, he ultimately succumbed to a foe none have yet to beat, cancer. Death of Captain Marvel follows a few pivotal chapters in his life, like gaining cosmic awareness and the fight that would lead to his death, It's a bitter book regarding the slow decay of Mar-Vell as his ability to cope with his declining mortality. It shows how the hero community and those close to Mar-Vell are affected by the very real threat and the futility of fighting something too far along to stop. Jim Starlin had lost his father to cancer at this time and much of his bitterness and feelings of helplessness pull heartstrings as he dumps his feelings out through characters like Spider-Man and Rick Jones.

The Mighty Thorcules by Greg Pak. Zeus is now a child, but some things never change. The damaged dynamic of Herc and Zeus reach a high as Balder the Brave sends Herc to stop the new Dark Elf Queen, only for things to wildly get out of control. To infiltrate the nine realms, Herc pretends to be Thor, in which the Dark Elf Queen thinks he's sexy, Herc's charm pays off and they sleep together. Then, as the dark elves are looking to crush midgard for "thor" Thor appears impersonating Herc.

The Incredible Hercules: Love and War by Greg Pak. Amadeus Cho, Herc's sidekick is kidnapped by Amazons, and while Herc encouraged Cho to get it on with "totally not evil Wonder Woman," as expect from Pak and Herc, things go wildly out-of-control.

I have a ton more but this is a good start.

9,775 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
anything by stan lee chris claremont or Tezuka i can agree with
Are u looking for classic or modern?

Bright Star

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Overstocked 200
I'd suggest anything by Alan Moore. The Watchmen, Ton Ten, Tom Strong, Promethea, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta, etc etc.

Robotic Exhibitionist

I adore IDW's More Than Meets The Eye. It certainly lives up to its name and I recommend that anyone just give it a chance.

Cesihl's Prince

Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
Astro City.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I highly recommend 52.
It consists of 52 issues by four great writers collaborating together, written over the course of a year (52 weekly issues) to tell the story of DC characters during the year following the Infinite Crisis event. It is GREAT, not only for the quality of the work, but also for the sheer technicality of it all; 52 weeklies for a whole year, juggling a whole giant ensemble of characters among 4 writers. Just incredible.

Other faves of mine include Red Son (Superman), The Black Mirror (Batman), Spider-Island (Spider-Man), Morrison's JLA run, and anything written by John Ostrander.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff