Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Drago_the_Blackrose
Maki_P

TIs a continunation of a Thread that has to deal with comic books.. soo I don't understand why it is a problem of where this question falls.. you are free not to answer the question.. But Obviously you had some opinion in it because you answered it. neutral

Anyways.. This in short is my problem with them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What an interesting choice of argument cat_stare .... why don't you take a look at this one:

And this one too, why not?:

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I surely forgot how much that I am not like in the Comic Threads. I don't have the same opinion about everything as the lords of this realm. Excuse me. You are right Maki_P and Ms Selina Kyle... You guys make it obvious that I don't belong here.

Thanks.
Let's review what happened here:

- You started a thread asking a series of questions
- People answered those questions and posed some of their own
- You evaded answering those questions and posted some petulant pictures
- You were asked questions again, this time more specific
- You posted more pictures, said conversations are pointless and you refuse to have them
- Someone posted pictures in response to your pictures
- You whined that you don't feel welcome

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the problem isn't that you don't agree with "the lords of the realm." Forums are areas of discourse where people with similar interests can share and discuss ideas, even if they disagree with them. If you don't want to participate in a discussion, why are you on a forum?

Now if you'll excuse us, the Lady Maki and I have to take the corgis for walkies.
Maki_P
snip

That was a meme that really bothered me. Not just the creepy sexist overtones, but the idea that there are some "nerdiness gatekeepers" that get to decide who's in the group and who's not. Nerds are such a diverse group of people with such varied interests! I've never been able to get into table-top or console gaming, and I don't think this hurts my nerd-cred.

It's like they think there's a jar of finite nerdiness on the shelf, and the more people say they're nerds, the less nerdom there is for everyone else.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Drago_the_Blackrose
I surely forgot how much that I am not like in the Comic Threads. I don't have the same opinion about everything as the lords of this realm. Excuse me. You are right Maki_P and Ms Selina Kyle... You guys make it obvious that I don't belong here.

Thanks.

We're not saying that you don't belong here. We're Educating. I'm just trying to let everybody in this forum know that there's something that isn't right, that sometimes they do things that aren't right, even if they don't mean to; and so, they should try to look back and question the world and hopefully realize that indeed, there are things that aren't right

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ms. Selina Kyle
Maki_P
snip

That was a meme that really bothered me. Not just the creepy sexist overtones, but the idea that there are some "nerdiness gatekeepers" that get to decide who's in the group and who's not. Nerds are such a diverse group of people with such varied interests! I've never been able to get into table-top or console gaming, and I don't think this hurts my nerd-cred.

It's like they think there's a jar of finite nerdiness on the shelf, and the more people say they're nerds, the less nerdom there is for everyone else.

You know, I started looking at some of those "Idiot Nerd Girl", and wanna know what I discovered? This person isn't a Faker or an Idiot! She's just a newb, and instead of being eased in by veterans she's mocked for being New (and Female)

Hilarious Lunatic

RISE UP! RISE UP MY FELLOW SERFS OF THE COMIC KINGDOM! RISE UP AGAINST THE EVIL OVERLORDS OF THE COMIC KINGDOM! DOWN WITH THE LADY SELINA AND THE LADY MAKI AND THEIR EVIL CORGIS OF DOOM!
To me, my corgis! Go and attack this peasant, bring me his comics so that I may mock them before his cohorts. I will not allow such ruffians to disrupt the order of my kingdom! scream
Tsk. The level of elitism in CD has really fallen if this is what's passing for it.

And there's not even any mousse.

Steadfast Protector

kissmekillme
Tsk. The level of elitism in CD has really fallen if this is what's passing for it.

Makes you pine for the old days?
When editors edited and writers I liked did stories that smoothed continuity instead of blowing
it off until the company does a major reality shift and then says
"Now the past is all consistent"?

I missed those days before, too.

And I miss the mousse. And the squirrel.
kissmekillme

No, but it certainly needs a good swig from a martini.

3,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
Look who's back babies Anyone miss me ?

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I view comics in a similar light as I would any other medium..... Only as good as it's content.
I love reading comics, for the plot and for the characters.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Chris Powell
RISE UP! RISE UP MY FELLOW SERFS OF THE COMIC KINGDOM! RISE UP AGAINST THE EVIL OVERLORDS OF THE COMIC KINGDOM! DOWN WITH THE LADY SELINA AND THE LADY MAKI AND THEIR EVIL CORGIS OF DOOM!

But... but... Corgises are awesome crying crying crying crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces