Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I just have to say, I finished the Death of the Family story arc weeks ago and I am still peeved quite a bit. We had this big build up for months, toying with the idea that someone was going to die for everyone to live and Joker may or may not have died. I feel like it was a cop-out, like Snyder was afraid to kill the Joker once and for all. I understand that in order to keep a series going you can not kill everybody, but I feel like we needed a more concrete ending. Lets be honest, we probably won't see Joker for another year or so if he is indeed alive, and at this point, what does he have left. Toward the end of the story arc maggots can be seen crawling though his skin. He is deteriorating.

I just feel like Joker should have gone out in a bigger bang. Does anyone agree with me?

Noob

It was SO a copout. We were all waiting with baited breath for an epic FINAL showdown. Instead, Joker will come back, be rewritten and start this cycle once again...
dogdemon22
It was SO a copout. We were all waiting with baited breath for an epic FINAL showdown. Instead, Joker will come back, be rewritten and start this cycle once again...

Ugh, the whole thing makes me cranky. The only way I am going to be okay with what happened is if there is a link between Jason Todd and the Joker where Joker uses the same means of resurrection and returns good as new. Anything else I am going to feel cheated.

Noob

Writers_Rhapsody
dogdemon22

Ugh, the whole thing makes me cranky. The only way I am going to be okay with what happened is if there is a link between Jason Todd and the Joker where Joker uses the same means of resurrection and returns good as new. Anything else I am going to feel cheated.

Joker in a pit? Who would want to revive the joker though? Half the underwold knows not to mess with joker and the pther half is scared to crap! That's an interesting thought and would make for some pretty interesting story. But if joker comes back before damian...well DC sucks
dogdemon22

Joker in a pit? Who would want to revive the joker though? Half the underwold knows not to mess with joker and the pther half is scared to crap! That's an interesting thought and would make for some pretty interesting story. But if joker comes back before damian...well DC sucks

I'm sure DC could come up with a way. There are plenty of gang members that would bring him back, and possibly Harley Quinn (although she does seem to 1) be over Mr. J and 2) getting her s**t on order to be more functional and independent). One of the main problems I see with my theory is if it were a gang member bringing him back it would have to be one with connections and all of Joker's followers are pretty pathetic.

On I side note, I don't see Damien coming back. As much as I miss the little firecracker I'd like to see DC actually stick to the death of one of their popular characters. Readers love tragedy, DC knows that , but I feel like they are mistaking deaths like James Gordon Jr. as events we actually care about.

9,775 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Thank God Im not alone On this
The story was indeed a cop out which is why i dropped batman, Ill get the TPb then part ways

I expected damage to be done by the end of the arc. Like Joker dies and succeeded in breaking up the Bat Family. Bruce Tim Barbara and d**k all go their separate ways
This story wasn't about killing a member of the family. This was about the Joker showing Batman that he was above his family and at the same time showing the family that they are insignificant to the Bat at the end of the day. "A good soldier," Miller said.

That's the point of the story. Joker does kill something, he kills the entire family. He puts the doubt into everyone of the Bat family members that Bruce will ALWAYS attempt to save his Rogues while capturing him. But, one day, his allies will be too slow, too old, not as focused, and they will die, and Bruce won't be there to save them, and they will die.

And it is Joker seemingly, to him, showing LOVE to Batman in this. Telling him to essentially cut the fat from around him. The minions make him weak, his Rogues are what makes him powerful, strong, the "BatGod," he has been for the past few decades after being handled by the likes of Miller and Morrison. Joker gives him the choice to cut his family out and be what Joker sees him as, King.

I thought it was a brilliant story, and I expect the next Joker story Snyder writes to be much more brutal because he'll come back with something along the lines of, "I warned you. I told you to cut them out."
Writers_Rhapsody
So, I just have to say, I finished the Death of the Family story arc weeks ago and I am still peeved quite a bit. We had this big build up for months, toying with the idea that someone was going to die for everyone to live and Joker may or may not have died. I feel like it was a cop-out, like Snyder was afraid to kill the Joker once and for all. I understand that in order to keep a series going you can not kill everybody, but I feel like we needed a more concrete ending. Lets be honest, we probably won't see Joker for another year or so if he is indeed alive, and at this point, what does he have left. Toward the end of the story arc maggots can be seen crawling though his skin. He is deteriorating.

I just feel like Joker should have gone out in a bigger bang. Does anyone agree with me?

It says 'Death of the family' the idea of it was to split the bat family up and wake everyone up to the idea of how controlling Bruce is of all the others. which Joker accomplished! I for one enjoyed the whole arc including all of the tie ins, locations and development. Not to mention Capullo's art is awesome as usual

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff