Welcome to Gaia! ::

Created by Rob Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza, he was used largely as a one-note joke in X-Force. But there was enough interest in there that Nicieza was tapped to write a 4 issue mini series, the Circle Chase. It is... Kinda blah.

The Mark Waid got involved and wrote another 4 issue mini series called Sins of the Past and this was pretty damned good (because it's Mark friggin WAID).

So Joe Kelly picked up the character and built from Waid. Kelly wrote a tragedy with a funny main character and that dissonance made the story all kinds of amazing. Most of these can be found in Deadool Classic 2-5 (except issue 1 which is in volume 1). If you're interested in the character at all, this is where to read it.

Afterwards, the character had a hard time finding its voice or audience. Until UDON became the artists. UDON was pretty popular online (including here). Combined with the net explosion, some games and whatnot, the character exploded in popularity. Unfortunately, the popularity was all slapstick and fart jokes. Kind of a shame.

And thus, here we are. Over saturated, over exposed and poorly written. But makes money, so hooray I guess.

Tipsy Flatterer

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Flatterer 200
I'm gonna be honest. I only ever read it for Weasel and Blind Al.

Premium Gaian

It's a funny a** comic, and last time I read the Deadpool comic, he has a black women in his head emotion_awesome
Deadpool's great. There's more to him than the game shows. Plus, I think he's funnier in the comics. He goes back to the early 90s. There have been three different runs/series of Deadpool comics.

He's teamed up with various characters like Iron Man. The newest series has an issue where he goes back in time and encounters Spidey in the 70s and then finds Iron Man. He's paid to go ruin Tony Stark by getting him to give in to his alcoholism. It's hilarious.
Even Deadpool himself admits that his back story changes depending on which writer you prefer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff