Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've heard about Deadpool a few years ago, and I couldn't find any comic issues in stores or online. It would just put me into a dead end. Wiki may not be the best source either, so who is Deadpool? From the pictures I see of him, he uses guns and swords. Is he similar to Batman in that way? (And please, no Batman hate. I wasn't trying to compare them, I just wanted to know if he didn't have superpowers, and uses weapons and combat skills like Batman.)

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Deadpool uses all kinds of weapons and no he isn't like Batman because Deadpool doesn't care if he kills people or not. Deadpool is an assassin and he is immortal, you shoot him, he doesn't die. He never dies.
xX_FlamedDragonWarrior_Xx
Deadpool uses all kinds of weapons and no he isn't like Batman because Deadpool doesn't care if he kills people or not. Deadpool is an assassin and he is immortal, you shoot him, he doesn't die. He never dies.

How did he become immortal? And do you know where I can read his comics? I've searched but came up empty.

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I'm gonna have to do some research on that. I found out that Wade (Deadpool) was cursed with immortality by some dude (Thanos). You can find Deadpool comics on the official site of Marvel. mrgreen

Fluffy Exhibitionist

13,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
xX_FlamedDragonWarrior_Xx
I'm gonna have to do some research on that. I found out that Wade (Deadpool) was cursed with immortality by some dude (Thanos). You can find Deadpool comics on the official site of Marvel. mrgreen
O_O What? Thanos?

Anyway, OP, the wiki page is trustworthy for the most part. Sure, anyone can change it, but there are more people out there fixing wikipedia pages than there are breaking them. Plus, there's a page the Wiki-police can go to, to see what pages have recently been changed, so they just troll there, looking for vandalism.

Then look at comic vine and marvel wiki, and if it's not completely different there, we're good.
Deadpool is also kind of comical sometimes. Silly, almost. I don't keep up with current Marvel stuff, but I think they're maybe trying to change this. In any case, I hated his portrayal in the first Wolverine movie and I shudder to think that they will make a Deadpool movie.

Familiar Regular

7,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
I found out about Deadpool through my husband and he described him as a crazy dude who went through a similar process that Wolverine went through and my husband mentioned he had cancer and it affects his healing which is why he's crazy to begin with because if the never ending pain and he works with whoever has the biggest check. That's the gist of what I understood and I apologize if none of this is correct. sweatdrop .
I really wanna read the Deadpool reboot, it's on my 'to-buy' list along with sooo many other things.

I like what I've heard, shouldn't disappoint by the sounds of it!
blaugh

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
This is a walkthrough of the new game
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZb24Eo3bScUS07AdgL2YaxiKWj2FWqLZ

It sort of tells you some background about Deadpool, but be warned, this is not for kids and may be different from wiki.

Also this site might be good, don't know how recent it is but it helped me to get started,
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/

and it has deadpool bio too
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/glossary/showentry.asp?fldAuto=390

Dapper Gaian

he is a invincible assasin who sometimes works with the xmen

Invisible Vampire

23,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Deadpool aka Wade Wilson is know as the Merc with the Mouth. He's a Marvel character that is completely, utterly and totally crass. He unique amongst comic book characters mainly because he constantly breaks the 4th wall. He knows he's a character and in his comics he'll often talk directly to the reader, he'll leave things in panels...he's a nut. Originally his mutation was I believe perfect skill/accuracy..something along those lines. He was damn good with any weapon. He was recruited into the Weapon X program and given Wolverine's healing factor..which worked but for him did two things. 1. It went completely out of control, the healing factor actually over-heals him which causes him to be disfigured. 2. It drove him bat s**t crazy.

The healing factor is pretty much what makes him immortal. He's akin to DC's Lobo in that aspect. If even a drop of his blood remains he'll regenerate fully. You'd have to pretty much drown him in a vat of acid to permanently kill him. I love that he was included in Wolverine Origins...but they eff'd him up in that.

>.> The Wiki page/marvel.com/marvel wiki...it gives a lot more information and is pretty trustworthy. What I wrote here is pretty much a quick and dirty overview.

Continuing the Insanity ~Kiti~

High-functioning Lunatic

8,275 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
Kitilyn
Deadpool aka Wade Wilson is know as the Merc with the Mouth. He's a Marvel character that is completely, utterly and totally crass. He unique amongst comic book characters mainly because he constantly breaks the 4th wall. He knows he's a character and in his comics he'll often talk directly to the reader, he'll leave things in panels...he's a nut. Originally his mutation was I believe perfect skill/accuracy..something along those lines. He was damn good with any weapon. He was recruited into the Weapon X program and given Wolverine's healing factor..which worked but for him did two things. 1. It went completely out of control, the healing factor actually over-heals him which causes him to be disfigured. 2. It drove him bat s**t crazy.

The healing factor is pretty much what makes him immortal. He's akin to DC's Lobo in that aspect. If even a drop of his blood remains he'll regenerate fully. You'd have to pretty much drown him in a vat of acid to permanently kill him. I love that he was included in Wolverine Origins...but they eff'd him up in that.

>.> The Wiki page/marvel.com/marvel wiki...it gives a lot more information and is pretty trustworthy. What I wrote here is pretty much a quick and dirty overview.

Continuing the Insanity ~Kiti~
Closest! All your missing is his massive bout with cancer and his love for chimichanga's and boobies

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
Kitilyn
. It went completely out of control, the healing factor actually over-heals him which causes him to be disfigured.

So that's what it was, I thought he got burned somehwhere before he became immortal.

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
One part Deathstroke, one part Wolverine, one part Spiderman, and Freddy Krueger's skin. That pretty much sums up Deadpool. He's got nothing Batman in him at all. Well. Maybe the fighting skills. Maybe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff