Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,775 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Bani Slasher
Ronin ninja gemini
Personally I like the 3d motion covers. They remind me of the cool foil and holo covers that came out back in the 90s.I never tire of seeing them.That Said,I don't blame DC for doing the motion covers, some of them do look Cool

I read Joker two Face, Darkseid JL dark and Desaad
Where do i begin with those?
Start with the one you liked the most, and then go down from there rolleyes

-Joker
-Two face
-Darkseid
-Desaad
-Creeper

The top 3 all had great stories and art to go with it.
Bani Slasher
Ok, edited first post because I'm tired of this ^ sort of thing. sad

Please don't post things like that. Every post about DC comics doesn't need to be another rant on New 52. crying

At this point, it is time to blame the Writers and Editors and not the New 52 for whatever you think sucks about the comics your reading right now. It's been two years neutral

I love the new 52 in general, but I just don't like the plot of "Forever Evil".

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

A thought just hit me: Where is Alec Holland/Swamp Thing in this event, and how is he going to cope with this?
We know that The Crime Syndicate of Earth 3 has arrived to conquer Prime Earth. And The Justice League is missing. Lex Luthor is going to resist the Crime Syndicate.
Alec Holland is the protector of the Earth's biosphere and Alec is basically a good guy, so he's not going to be too happy when his home universe is being invaded. Unless he's disappeared along with the Justice Leagues, he's possibly going to have to deal with this event.

Fluffy Exhibitionist

13,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Melkitty8

I love the new 52 in general, but I just don't like the plot of "Forever Evil".

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

A thought just hit me: Where is Alec Holland/Swamp Thing in this event, and how is he going to cope with this?
We know that The Crime Syndicate of Earth 3 has arrived to conquer Prime Earth. And The Justice League is missing. Lex Luthor is going to resist the Crime Syndicate.
Alec Holland is the protector of the Earth's biosphere and Alec is basically a good guy, so he's not going to be too happy when his home universe is being invaded. Unless he's disappeared along with the Justice Leagues, he's possibly going to have to deal with this event.
Well, issue #2 of Forever Evil the Teen Titans fight the Crime Syndicate. so it is certainly possible that that old Swamp Thing will try to take them down as well. And it is possiable we'll get some incite in SWAMP THING #23.1: ARCANE, next week (though that description on the DC website doesn't really make it sound like it).
I don't hate the concept of "Villains Month." DC doing these little anniversary things for the New 52 (Issue 0 Month last year,) is a nice change of pace and can showcase some new talent (you know, before DC chases them away like the clowns they are.)

My problem with the month is the price hike. Holographic? 3D? Special covers? Extra money? LOBO!? Oh God, we're in the 90s! I imagine this is just a one month thing, but still, it makes me worry a little bit. Limited covers and all that jazz for extra money is why comics almost died in the 1990s.

9,775 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Cant wait to read this weeks riddle and mr freeze. I really dig those covers

Versatile Receiver

Leonard_Snart
I don't hate the concept of "Villains Month." DC doing these little anniversary things for the New 52 (Issue 0 Month last year,) is a nice change of pace and can showcase some new talent (you know, before DC chases them away like the clowns they are.)

My problem with the month is the price hike. Holographic? 3D? Special covers? Extra money? LOBO!? Oh God, we're in the 90s! I imagine this is just a one month thing, but still, it makes me worry a little bit. Limited covers and all that jazz for extra money is why comics almost died in the 1990s.
they have non-3D versions for the regular 2.99 price, and digital copies were 2.99 as well

Sparkly Shopper

7,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm actually starting a comic collection, so I have little to no knowledge of actual comics. My boyfriend is a huge comic book enthusiast, and has a collection of over 2500. I have 6 haha. I picked up Bizarro, The Ventriloquist, and Darkseid so far. I enjoyed The Ventriloquist the most, and I've got to say that Gail Simone is awesome anyway (I knew of her before my adventure into comics). I hated Darkseid, as I found it dull, boring, and not interesting.

I heard they are doing the whole villains month to draw in the new readers. Well, here I am, take my money, and I will be buying all of them eek
Vartox
Leonard_Snart

they have non-3D versions for the regular 2.99 price, and digital copies were 2.99 as well

Granted. What is being pushed on the comic shops, however, is the 3.99 issues. Though, then again, that's probably more Diamond's fault.
Fighting American
Bani Slasher
Fighting American

What's up with the 3-D Villains' Month covers, anyway? Hello, 1993 wants its gimmick covers back.

Bring back the DCU and a married, unarmored Superman.
I don't know much about all that, digital comics don't do that sweatdrop

The sooner you accept this as the new reality, the sooner... ummm... well s**t. I guess nothing will actually change if you accept it. Carry on, I guess. I mean, it's not like every thread in here about DC comics doesn't devolve into people complaining about it anyway. sad
I don't do digital comics. I'd rather hold them in my hands. 3nodding

Perhaps, but consider us passionate comics fans if we complain about the Pew 52. DiDio and Company could have created an "Ultimate" reality like Marvel did, instead. Now they're realizing that they've lost more than half of their fanbase and that they can no longer lure back the major talent, either. That recent Jerry Siegel Superman lawsuit is partly responsible for this mess, considering now they own the several of the Superman properties.

Actually, comic sales are higher than ever.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They didn't "lose more than half of their fanbase", they gained a little more than 10% of it. So your bitching officially does less than nothing, since you're in the minority by a fair amount. Like them, dislike them, do whatever you want, but don't be that guy, who can't stop complaining about everything, and thinks it makes him edgy and cool.

Bossu-san's Husband

Devoted Friend

9,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
deadguy
Fighting American
Bani Slasher
Fighting American

What's up with the 3-D Villains' Month covers, anyway? Hello, 1993 wants its gimmick covers back.

Bring back the DCU and a married, unarmored Superman.
I don't know much about all that, digital comics don't do that sweatdrop

The sooner you accept this as the new reality, the sooner... ummm... well s**t. I guess nothing will actually change if you accept it. Carry on, I guess. I mean, it's not like every thread in here about DC comics doesn't devolve into people complaining about it anyway. sad
I don't do digital comics. I'd rather hold them in my hands. 3nodding

Perhaps, but consider us passionate comics fans if we complain about the Pew 52. DiDio and Company could have created an "Ultimate" reality like Marvel did, instead. Now they're realizing that they've lost more than half of their fanbase and that they can no longer lure back the major talent, either. That recent Jerry Siegel Superman lawsuit is partly responsible for this mess, considering now they own the several of the Superman properties.

Actually, comic sales are higher than ever.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They didn't "lose more than half of their fanbase", they gained a little more than 10% of it. So your bitching officially does less than nothing, since you're in the minority by a fair amount. Like them, dislike them, do whatever you want, but don't be that guy, who can't stop complaining about everything, and thinks it makes him edgy and cool.
That's your opinion, of course. However, if, say, DC's comic sales are doing better, as you claim (where are the 2013 figures?), then why not explain to me why Superman has had four writers in two years (as opposed to Justice League or Batman keeping their lone writers). Four writers in two years on a single title usually indicates that the title is failing (when you have DiDio, Johns, and Lee calling the shots, why would expect consistancy and long-term success on ANY title).

Also, explain to me why more DC comics, but no Marvels or anybody else, are available, sans covers, on the counter of my comic shop every week, even if the title is the fairly successful Batgirl. If the Pew 52 is as successful as you claim, then my comic shop (which is insanely profitable, despite its downtown location) shouldn't be passing out these books for free. Overstock, right? They, or any other store, cannot sell the DCnU books like they used to.

And finally, why the upcoming gimmick-like Superman/Wonder Woman title? Been there, done that with the relationship between Clark and Diana (1988's Action Comics #599 and #600 and 1995's Kingdom Come, er, come to mind).

To coin a cliché: Make mine (forever) Marvel.

I'm done debating the DCnU with anybody here. I already made my points. Plus, I have to get ready to pick my Green Lantern: Mongul #23.2 (and Deadpool!) in a few hours.

Fluffy Exhibitionist

13,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
What the ******** is this s**t? stare Go to make your own thread if you want to make these kinds of arguments (for or against).

Anyway, I'm not done reading all I'm going to read today, but NuLobo is boring as ********. I like his haircut, but that's it.

Edit: Ok, finished all my reading for the day. Enjoyed Black Manta and Riddler a lot biggrin

Liked The Court of Owls, Mr. Freeze, and Killer Frost as well, but not as much.

Harley just gets me excited for the Suicide Squad tie-in, but the rest of it didn't really do too much for me.

And Lobo just made me yawn sweatdrop

Versatile Receiver

I guess sales figures are opinions now, who knew lol

I liked Mongul, Court of Owls, Black Manta, Reverse Flash, General Zod today.

I LOVED the art in the Mr. Freeze preview but I haven't gotten around to reading it. I heard good things about Killer Frost and I like Sterling Gates so I will probably check that out too.

I'd really been looking forward to Grundy because I love Earth 2 but it was super disappointing :I it was a few pages of origin and then a ******** of boring filler pages

Lobo was... I thought it was okay actually. I like Oliver's art, I hope to see him on more stuff soon. I liked nuLobo's pompadour hair :U
Vartox

Lobo was... I thought it was okay actually. I like Oliver's art, I hope to see him on more stuff soon. I liked nuLobo's pompadour hair :U
Agreed. Most of the complaints about him seem to be some variation of "Not Muh Lobo", and far too many people made up their minds about him weeks before his book came out.

As for the Forever Evil books, the ones directly related to the main story are good enough, but most of them are just stupid back-stories. The only one of those I liked was Killer Frost.

Hilarious Lunatic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces